Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2007   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Senior Bowl Weigh Ins

SENIOR BOWL WEIGH INS: Among the more impressive looking players was Louisville DT Amobi Okoye. Checking in at 6'2" 287 he's likely more of a three-technique tackle than a nose tackle, but he's apparently built like a rock. Plus he's just 19 years old, so I'm going to guess he could fill out some more as he gets older.

Among the other North players who passed the eyeball test were Penn State LB Paul Pozluszny and RB Tony Hunt. Hunt was over 6'1" and a solidly put together 239. Pozluszny meanwhile has added muscle and checked in at 237. Wake Forest S Josh Gattis, Syracuse CB Tanard Jackson, Pitt LB H.B. Blades, Nebraska LB Stewart Bradley and DE Jay Moore, Michigan LB Prescott Burgess, Fresno St. CB Marcus McCauley were among the most fit looking players.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Down from the 317 lbs that Louisville listed him at.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-...e_amobi00.html

Daymeion Hughes - 5'10"
Tony Ugoh - Arkansas 6054 - 301
DeMarcus Tyler, 6-2-1/8, 323
merriweather - 5'10"
Troy Smith - 6'00"
Victor Abiamiri Notre Dame 6044 271

Last edited by dbspi; 01-22-2007 at 03:16 PM.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins

Nice find. Won't let me give you a rep again...so atta boy, will have to do. Nice Job.

Wake Forest S Josh Gattis. that's my FS prospect.
Pitt LB H.B. Blades. He isn't Willis , but he is a good player.

Ah, How Tall is the Tatter Tot (Troy Smith) again ?
Old 01-22-2007   #3
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Nice find. Won't let me give you a rep again...so atta boy, will have to do. Nice Job.

Pitt LB H.B. Blades. He isn't Willis , but he is a good player.

I found the information posted on NFL Draft Countdown. I love the way LB HB Blades and Buster Davis plays. He will be a nice fit on our team.

Last edited by dbspi; 01-22-2007 at 03:46 PM.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith measured 6' even and weighed 222lbs. Chris Leak (who looked taller in the BCS championship) came in 1/8" shorter.

Other guys include:
Kevin Kolb - 6'2 7/8" - 220 lbs
Buster Davis (FSU MLB) - 5'9 3/8" - 244 lbs
Brian Leonard (Rutgers FB) - 6'1' - 224 lbs - small for a FB, maybe a better fit in a one back offense
Old 01-22-2007   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Complete list

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/fea...s/weighin.html
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only person who's noticed him, but it doesn't suprise me that you noticed a good sleeper like Gattis. He's got numbers, measurables, and can play. I like him in the 4th or so as long as he doesn't jump too high up.
Old 01-22-2007   #7
Texanator14
Rookie

Brian Leonard (Rutgers FB) - 6'1' - 224 lbs - small for a FB, maybe a better fit in a one back offense

The announcer said he lost 10 pounds to prove to scouts that he could play halfback.
Texanator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2007   #8
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator14 View Post

The announcer said he lost 10 pounds to prove to scouts that he could play halfback.
he could always play halfback, just they had ray rice the last 2 years.
Old 01-22-2007   #9
Texanator14
Rookie

It also looked like he was a bit faster than what i remembered him to be. I really think he could help us out with pass protection and catching Carr's dump offs.

Last edited by Texanator14; 01-22-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Texanator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Thanks. My Top 5 Linebackers are on that list. http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...ht=linebackers

Buster Davis is at 5'9 but 244.
Patrick Willis is 6'1 240.
David Harris is 6'2 239.
Paul Posluszny 6'1 237.
Tony Taylor 6'0.5 237.

There were alot of guys in the 235-239 range. Three guys were 237, and two guys were 239.

This report says Tony Taylor had 7 INTs playing linebacker this year. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...onytaylor.html. I was under the impression that he only had 5. Nevermind I got it confirmed on this sight. http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/...e.htm#TEAM.DEF. He did have 7 interceptions.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 01-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #11
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Anybody knows if the Texans have talked to any prospects there.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec View Post
I always question how much this means, but from draftdaddy.com

Quote:
Post-Practice Convos

The weather had the players scrambling for the locker rooms but several teams did conduct interviews with players on the field:

Miami Dolphins - QB Drew Stanton
NY Jets - DE Jay Moore
Houston Texans - LB Paul Posluszny
Atlanta Falcons - DT Amobi Okoye
Tampa Bay Bucs - WR Jason Hill
Kansas City Chiefs - CB Daymeion Hughes
Cleveland Browns - DE Victor Abiamiri, DT Quinn Pitcock.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The game is on NFL Network.
Do the networks and the NFL hate their fans that much?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec View Post
Scout.com has the Texans talking with Auburn RB Kenny Irons.
Old 01-22-2007   #15
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I just saw that, i was really looking forward to watching practice this week, but alas, no NFL network on Time Warner
Old 01-22-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
ut oh. I was wrong on this one.
Old 01-22-2007   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't second guess yourself so quickly. I talk to many an ugly chick to get to the prize.
Old 01-22-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Nah the truth of the matter is that most folks don't dig to deeply into the draft process. Outside of us fringe guys most people turn the draft off after the first round. There is no audence for the game. Go figure. Will say I was highly disappointed in the click two coverage tonight. Chronicle isn't much better during the off season.
Old 01-22-2007   #19
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Quote:
As AT said, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in these reports. Including All Star games, the combine, and pro days, the Texans will interview close to 200 prospects.
Old 01-22-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

I'm assuming here, but Higgins is a very interesting prospect in terms of the "playmaker" quote. Shear guess by me. He is very quick and could compensate very well with the five yard bump. You miss and the guy is *gone*.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read