Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2007   #1
drafter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 drafter is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdrafter is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default NFLDraftPro.com Mock Draft - Updated

http://www.nfldraftpro.com/mockdraft.html

They still have us taking Jamaal Anderson?

Anderson.
drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLDraftPro.com Mock Draft - Updated

Sorry drafter, I think I am the only one here who is excited by this pick.
Old 01-22-2007   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

That has to be one of the worst mock drafts I have viewed yet. Yea, like us fans want to use a 1st rounder on the D Line for the hundredth time in a row... That is like detroit taking WR's every year and we all know where that got them...

Here is this guy's quote on us taking him...

Quote:
The Texans are a team that has a lot of promise, but they need to fill some holes. Offensively, they could use some help at receiver and along the offensive line, but the Texans will address their defense in this draft. With plenty of solid defenders on the board, the Texans have a chance to have one of the most dominating pass rushes in the league. With Jamaal Anderson and Gaines Adams on the board, they have a tough choice, but in the end, they decide to go with the SEC sack leader Anderson.
Old 01-22-2007   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
could be.
Old 01-22-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm excited about it. Get some pressure form the other side...be nice.

The other possiblity excites me also. All Day or Lynch gets pumped up before the draft and we get a offer they can't refuse. Bush and VY couldn't generate a trade. May be these guys will generate some interest and we get Anderson also.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-23-2007 at 12:41 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #6
drafter
Rookie

i am kind of excited about getting jamaal anderson. we all know the saying, "defense wins championships". anderson and williams give us one great, young pass rush. that's exciting, plus this draft is deep at offensive skill positions... i really liked this mock draft, overall!

Anderson.
Old 01-22-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, did Cris Houston fly up his board or what ? And...Branch isn't quite the
stiff some of the all day/Landry guys are making him out to be. He's holding a top ten grade. Washington takes him with their lone day one pick. That says something to me.

I'm with beerlover though some one falls in love with one of the players at eight we move down and pick up some picks and get Levi Brown also, I could live with that.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-23-2007 at 12:57 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot of ways we can go...it boggles my mind to even think I know who we'd draft. Offensively I'd be okay with AP. what if brady quinn fell to us? jamarcus russel? I'd be ok with lynch only in a trade down. calving johnson not our most pressing need but prob. the best player in the draft. joe thomas of course, levi brown only in a trade down. thats about it on Offense.

Defense there are more possibilities. Safety, Corner back, D End, D Tackle, I'd probably be okay with at #8 LB I'd only be happy with Pat Willis in a trade down.

Landry, Nelson-much needed safety help, only 2 at #8
Hall, Revis-much neede cb help, instant starter
Adams, Anderson -help mario out and be a better pass rush
Branch-stop the run big time, take pressure off mario?

Even if Peterson is there for us we could potentially pass on him, I hope the browns take him or someone trades up for him so we can go defense and not be berated by every person in america again. I would love to have peterson but i'm afraid we'd pass on him anyways.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

id like jamaal anderson also....

plus im guessing chris houstons measurables are wrong
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #10
drafter
Rookie

yeah... they corrected chris houston's measureables... but i like the mock draft overall.

Anderson.
Old 01-22-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two words.

Petey Faggins.

Two more words.

Lewis Sanders.

Last two words:

Playmakers needed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Offense, We have Mario, get Mario some push up the middle and some SS-FS that can cover, that will get you more sacks, we dont need this guy. AP, Dwayne Jarrett, Marshawn Lynch.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #13
Baranghoori
Veteran

It's interesting that both Gaines Adams and Jamaal Anderson fall to us at eight...

Even though this mock has us drafting Jamaal Anderson, what kind of prospect is Gaines Adams? All i know is that he has the bigger name..
Baranghoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baranghoori View Post
It's interesting that both Gaines Adams and Jamaal Anderson fall to us at eight...

Even though this mock has us drafting Jamaal Anderson, what kind of prospect is Gaines Adams? All i know is that he has the bigger name..
Both are premier pass rushers, Adams is 6'5" 270 and Anderson is 6'6" 280.
Old 01-22-2007   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

If Anderson was playing opposite Mario....that is 2 hefty DE's...very tough to run against....If Branch fell, would anyone be in favour of him over a DE?

A DL that looks like this would be scary against the run but maybe not quick enough against the pass

Weaver.......TJ/Maddox.....Branch.....Williams

or would it be better

Anderson....TJ/Payne......Maddox/Payne.....Williams

or would it be better

Williams....TJ/Payne/Maddox.....Weaver.....Adams
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #16
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drafter View Post
http://www.nfldraftpro.com/mockdraft.html

They still have us taking Jamaal Anderson?

Anderson.
I'd rather have Gaines Adams, we already have a big DE now its time to bring in a smaller fast guy, but i dunno is gaines faster then jamaal?

the thing about Jamaal is he might be are julius peppers, or does he not have the fast twitch? haha
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #17
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
If Anderson was playing opposite Mario....that is 2 hefty DE's...very tough to run against....If Branch fell, would anyone be in favour of him over a DE?

A DL that looks like this would be scary against the run but maybe not quick enough against the pass

Weaver.......TJ/Maddox.....Branch.....Williams

or would it be better

Anderson....TJ/Payne......Maddox/Payne.....Williams

or would it be better

Williams....TJ/Payne/Maddox.....Weaver.....Adams

i like that one
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #18
Trenches
Veteran

wait until Houston works out at the combine and puts up more reps at the bench than half the offensive linemen there. I dont think its a long shot at all for him to go first round now that i'm seeing the hype.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #19
NoBullTexan
Veteran

So is the Babin fiasco over? If we are taking DEs, and Peek will be gone, we must be.
Old 01-23-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baranghoori View Post

Adams is a true playmaker on defense. He single handedly saved the Wake Forest game. Wake Forest set up for the feild goald that would of put them up two scores, Adams blocked the kick, striped the holder who got the rickosay on the rebound of the ball and scored the go ahead touch down. Even at that I'd prefer the SEC sack leader myself. He is bigger. He runs just as fast and has a higher up side in MHO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read