Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-08-2004   #1
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Green Bay Packer season

We don't see them until Nov. 21st. But ..planning ahead ..found this chart of how they are doing.

JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Favre last night/Packers in general

When the season started I had the Packers picked as a playoff team as a wild card.

I watched some of the game last night and the Titans put the hurt on them. At home no less.

I'm beginning to think Favre has got some injury issues; their defense got stomped on and the Titan receivers and McNair had a good game.

Is this a team on the decline?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
When the season started I had the Packers picked as a playoff team as a wild card.

I watched some of the game last night and the Titans put the hurt on them. At home no less.

I'm beginning to think Favre has got some injury issues; their defense got stomped on and the Titan receivers and McNair had a good game.

Is this a team on the decline?
I love it

Favre has a bruised brain. The defense is in shambles.
Thats the problem the pack has right now.

Packer Fans are litterally calling the "acting owner" and asking for Shermans resignation.

Bring em on , Lions are going smack em up.
Old 10-12-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

It was interesting last night. The Packers seemed totally out of synch last night and unmotivated which is not like Favre at all. Although I do understand he had a death in his immediate family so that may explain that.

Even Madden and Michaels mentioned that the Packers crowd was not themselves.

They both said they were kind of quiet for a Packers crowd.

I don't know who they have lost too but something has knocked the steam out of them.
Old 10-12-2004   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Favre probably has 2-3 years left in him which is enough to train his replacement. The real question seems to be whether or not Mike Sherman will have a job after this season. The Packers look atrocious.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Favre put up over 350 with 2 TDs. Sure the 3 INTs hurt and I could care less who won the game.

But thanks to Favre's performance, my fantasy team kicked major tail this week. :woot
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre handed them the game last night and it seemed like Jeff Fisher was trying to run up the score in the second half. The Packers made the tacks look like the Colts last night. Both teams are bad, but I guess the Packers are much worse.
Old 10-12-2004   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

you know, if my brother in law just died and I suffered an out of body experience after a concussion, I too would look bad playing quarterback against an NFL defense.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
you know, if my brother in law just died and I suffered an out of body experience after a concussion, I too would look bad playing quarterback against an NFL defense.
I don't think it would take all that for you to look bad against NFL defense
Old 10-12-2004   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look what he did on MNF the day after his dad died, he had the game of his LIFE.
Old 10-13-2004   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Favre handed them the game last night and it seemed like Jeff Fisher was trying to run up the score in the second half. The Packers made the tacks look like the Colts last night. Both teams are bad, but I guess the Packers are much worse.
One of the announcers stated that Fisher had previously told him that he never 'sits on a lead.' That might explain the appearance that he was running up the score. I do believe he was sitting on the lead the last series but the Pack allowed a score anyway.
I hope our players weren't watching that game and now consider the Pack a gimme.
Old 10-13-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

To me there are no "gimme" games. Remember the Chargers?

Something is not right with the Pack this year though.
Old 10-13-2004   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
We don't see them until Nov. 21st. But ..planning ahead ..found this chart of how they are doing.

I wonder which hole was made by Chris Brown on Monday night.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I wonder which hole was made by Chris Brown on Monday night.
I would have to say the one behind #77
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I would have to say the one behind #77
That was the one I was thinking also.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
One of the announcers stated that Fisher had previously told him that he never 'sits on a lead.' That might explain the appearance that he was running up the score. I do believe he was sitting on the lead the last series but the Pack allowed a score anyway.
I understand about not sitting on a lead, I heard it being talked about at the TOMB and everyone there laughed about it, they said that in the past Fisher always sits on the lead. Anyways, the thing I was talking about was the trick play they ran in the 4th quarter when they were already up by 3 touchdowns. To me it was a little ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2004   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I guess Fisher thought since the Packers were playing like it was a practice he'd go ahead and practice that trick play.

I'm torn about scoring. You see so many teams get ahead and then just sit on the ball and a lot of times the other team will catch up.

So the theory is you shouldn't sit on it and try to score. But if you do that you are running up the score.

I don't know. Maybe there is no right or wrong here.
Old 10-13-2004   #18
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking I Remember

Budsters Oilers sitting on a lead in Buffalo once. :woot

Maybe Bud instructed Fisher to never sit on a lead.
Old 10-13-2004   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Gets worse for the Pack...

Offensive coordinator Tom Rossley underwent emergency heart surgery...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7790479

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The packers and the Titans are the same. If McNair or Favre go down, or even struggle, then the team looks like ****. I would like to see Indy without Manning.

I thought Ahman Green would have kept them in this one, but I guess he is in a funk as well.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read