Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-22-2007   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts vs. Bears Superbowl

Pick Em

I'm going with the Bears by 7

31-24
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts vs. Bears Superbowl

Colts will win easily. The Bears defense won't be able to shut down the Colts offense and the Bears won't be able to score much period. Colts 24 Bears 10.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Grossman plays good: Bears 27-24

Grossman plays bad: Colts 54-10
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts by 11+....but I'm still rooting for tha' Bears
Old 01-22-2007   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Colts......there's no way they're losing after finally getting over the hump.......and Rex will choke....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #6
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Colts......there's no way they're losing after finally getting over the hump.
I know it's a different sport, but people said the same thing about the Dallas Mavericks last year after they finally got over their "hump" of San Antonio. Oh, and Rex was supposed to choke yesterday, too.

Defense wins in Super Bowls. Bears 30-23
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #7
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Colts 31-24

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Tank Johnson doesn't get to play. He doesn't deserve to play in the Super Bowl in the trouble he's gotten in.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XLI: Indianapolis Colts vs. Chicago Bears

Who is ready for a 2006 version of the Super Bowl shuffle? I am hoping Peyton comes out with this one, but I think Rex Grossman, along with Benson and Jones, are going to have a killer night on February 4th in hot Miami.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts 34 -21
The AFC is still the varsity ,The NFC is still the JV!

Old 01-22-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Colts by 10.
Old 01-22-2007   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you go against that Bears defense? I guarantee the Bears won't do what the Chiefs, Ravens, and Patriots did.....which is stop running the ball.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears' running game puts them ahead of the Colts by 14.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #14
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Colts running D (and defense) has been good in the post season...I don't see Chicago running all over them...
Old 01-22-2007   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
I know it's a different sport, but people said the same thing about the Dallas Mavericks last year after they finally got over their "hump" of San Antonio. Oh, and Rex was supposed to choke yesterday, too.

Defense wins in Super Bowls. Bears 30-23
yeah, but the Bears don't have the "D-Wade" of the NFL....they have Rex Grossman.
Old 01-22-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The Colts beat the Ravens in a defensive battle.

Peyton threw three INTs in that game(IIRC).... but they still won.

If we can beat the Colts, I have no doubt that the Bears can as well.......

But I'm rooting for the Colts in a blow-out.... the bears will give up on the run if the Colts get up by three scores in the first half.

I'm predicting a blow out...... Colts 65..... Bears 3..... Peyton is going after the most TDs thrown in a SuperBowl or something.
Old 01-22-2007   #17
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think the Colts will run away with this one. However I think the Bears defense who likes to take the ball away alot will have a good day. I say 31-10 Colts that is if the defense plays well against PM. If it doesn't play well and PM gets into a groove then I say 48-21 Colts. The only way the Colts will loose is if they do not stop Jones. I am not too worried about Benson, he seems a bit preoccupied. They desprately need to stop tj early so they can get into his head. If the Bears do happen to win it will be a sqeaker, like 20-16 or something. If PM has a bad day look for a boring Super Bowl.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #18
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Blowout Colts 14+ before Prince takes the stage.

Colts get up and Grossman is forced to pass. I don't think he can handle it. Turnovers favour the Colts. Colts walk it in.

( The NFC is really weak. I mean REALLY weak )

---

IF Sorgi has to play.. I reneg.

Colts by 3 after Prince plays
Old 01-22-2007   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Clots 17

Da Bears 27
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #20
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
yeah, but the Bears don't have the "D-Wade" of the NFL....they have Rex Grossman.
I didn't realize your "D-Wade" had to come from one position. There's plenty of playmakers on the Bears that can step into that role, including Devin Hester, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Bernard Berrian, Desmond Clark and even Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Nathan Vasher on defense. If Rex Grossman were that important, they wouldn't have gotten past the Saints, much less blown them out.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read