Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2007   #1
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tony Hunt

I'd like to hear what your opinions are on this guy. He seems like he'd fit well in Kubiak's system, and in all likeliness we could pick him up in the third round.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tony Hunt

your right he does fit Kubiaks system, more of a power back, thick lower body, has natural feel for cut-back lanes, good vision & runs smart (does not turn the ball over which translates well to the play-offs). Tony will probably go somewhere in the mid-late 2nd rd. but if he slips to the Texans 3rd would certainly be an option if they have'nt already addressed their need @ RB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I like his chances at making the next level. I think we're divied into two camps on here. Those for the DB prospect. Those for the Stud RB prospect. So if we take all day or Marshawn, why would we draft Hunt ? If we pass on all day, a lot of us feel that there are more interesting prospects at the RB position than Hunt. Doesn't mean you're incorrect. Just means we're assuming that he isn't "the" option at running back. When the man says offensive playmakers, that tells me speed. Does Hunt have outstanding speed ? At this point you could be just as correct as the rest of us.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-22-2007 at 11:02 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

i like him. strong and powerful, but he should be gone in the 3rd. i would rather take a guy like brandon jackson or gary russell in the 4th and use the 3rd rounder on a db or dt.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #5
Football Time In Hou.
Rookie

I fell in love with T. Hunt after watching him play in the Outback Bowl this year. He's my second choice in the second or third choice if AD is not there at number 8. Tony Hunt reminds me a lot of bigger Frank Gore (49ers running back).
Football Time In Hou. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #6
Toro
Veteran

A healthy Frank Gore is a very good comparison to make when talking about Hunt. He also reminds me a tad bit of Steven Jackson, although unlike Jackson, I don't see him being the type of guy you build your offense around.

He's a very astute runner, a smart player who knows when to find the holes and how to avert tackles. He's not particularly fast, but he's got good field awareness and can take a beating

Obviously, I'm biased here, but if the Texans don't get Peterson, I'd like to see them get Hunt. He's going to be a very good HB in the pros and is one of those under the radar type of guys that you'll all quickly grow fond of.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
i like him. strong and powerful, but he should be gone in the 3rd. i would rather take a guy like brandon jackson or gary russell in the 4th and use the 3rd rounder on a db or dt.

I like Brandon Jackson and what he brings to the table. If we don't adress RB earlier in the draft i think he's a steal in the 4th.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read