Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2007   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The official feel better about the Texans thread

Who was the last team to beat the Indianapolis Colts?
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #2
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official feel better about the Texans thread

Texans baby!!
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure do like our Texans!

Our day will come, and how sweet it'll be!!!

Old 01-22-2007   #4
macaronitoni
Rookie

We would not beat them today if we played them again tomorrow, not with their much improved run defense. But imagine them winning it all, it is pretty sweet to say we beat them. Of course, so did the titans before they really gained much confidence in themselves.
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

but we were the last ones to do it...just thought I'd mention it...it's true.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm waiting for the interview question that goes like this:

Peyton, think back to that disastrous day when you lost to the Houston Texans. How did that feel, and how did you turn it around since then?

It comes out that way, or Peyton just admitting that losing for the first time ever to the Houston Texans was the low point of this season.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #7
AtheGreat
Veteran

that thought kept me rooting for the Colts throughout the playoffs.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2007   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

More grasping at straws.............. Oh no.
Old 01-22-2007   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
We would not beat them today if we played them again tomorrow, not with their much improved run defense. But imagine them winning it all, it is pretty sweet to say we beat them. Of course, so did the titans before they really gained much confidence in themselves.
Yea we would, you know why, THE ZONE blocking scheme. All these teams they played run the ball with power with no cut backs, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots. And when you fire gaps and stunt at Power football teams it creates all kinds of messes. BUT with the Zone if a guy passes your face going left and your going right you pass him off to your buddy. So yes doubter we would beat them again.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #10
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

It really is an awesome feeling, but I kind of had a feeling that the Colts defense wasn't that bad, and here is why.

Every season it seems like the colts have talks about going undefeated, and once they lose, they kind of turn it off until playoffs. It is hard to not do that after making the playoffs for the past 5 years, and always being really close. I think their defense kind of coasted until the playoffs, and boy they really turned it on. They are my superbowl pick and I have always rooted for them when playoff time comes around. It will be a lot better feeling beating the superbowl champs twice next season =D.
Old 01-22-2007   #11
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

All I can say is I'M PUMPED FOR NEXT SEASON ALREADY!!! I see the progress our team made this season and an opportunity this off-season to get better. We should be really hoping for a playoff berth next yr. Our division will be one of the top divisions and we should be very much in the mix. Our defense really took shape and only needs a few pieces to put it all together. Our offense searched for an identity and in doing so showed it could do many different things. Next yr. with a solid RB and our o-line being back to full health I really can't wait. A healthy Mario Williams and I just can't... I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Yea we would, you know why, THE ZONE blocking scheme. All these teams they played run the ball with power with no cut backs, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots. And when you fire gaps and stunt at Power football teams it creates all kinds of messes. BUT with the Zone if a guy passes your face going left and your going right you pass him off to your buddy. So yes doubter we would beat them again.
Yeah we would ... 1-9 against them and we're going to kick their butts . I make money off fans like you .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yeah we would ... 1-9 against them and we're going to kick their butts . I make money off fans like you .
I make enemies with fans like you.

Old 01-22-2007   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=TexansLucky13;580120]I make enemies with fans like you.

[/QUOTE

Fine both games next year I'll take the Colts . Whats your bet .

Being a fan does'nt mean you have to be dumb .

Round Dan
Old 01-22-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Honoring Earl 34;580133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I make enemies with fans like you.

[/QUOTE

Fine both games next year I'll take the Colts . Whats your bet .

Being a fan does'nt mean you have to be dumb .
I'll tell you after FA and the draft. If we don't address CB/FS then its easy...colts all the way. If we pick up a CB or FS or both in the draft/FA I'd say we split with them..
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #16
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1-9 aside, we did beat them the last time we played them. It's not a stretch to say we would beat them tomorrow. If anything, I'd say he has as much of an argument as you do. A game played 4-5 weeks ago holds more weight than games played 3,4, and 5 years ago.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

[quote=Ole Miss Texan;580138]
Quote:

I'll tell you after FA and the draft. If we don't address CB/FS then its easy...colts all the way. If we pick up a CB or FS or both in the draft/FA I'd say we split with them..
My point was that the Colts made adjustments and held the Chiefs , Ravens , and the Patriots to under 100 yards rushing but the Texans and the so called sorry OL is going to beat them . They changed their defensive stradegy to stunt more and not go all out after the passer every down ... also Bob Sanders is back . So guess what we're back to passing and trying to beat the cover two ... can you say deep and vertical cause we can't .

Round Dan
Old 01-22-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Honoring Earl 34;580143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

My point was that the Colts made adjustments and held the Chiefs , Ravens , and the Patriots to under 100 yards rushing but the Texans and the so called sorry OL is going to beat them . They changed their defensive stradegy to stunt more and not go all out after the passer every down ... also Bob Sanders is back . So guess what we're back to passing and trying to beat the cover two ... can you say deep and vertical cause we can't .
Yea I understand. And i'm saying Peyton Manning didn't lose to us. Their Defense did. So yes their defense is playing a lot better than they were against us. But with the 15minutes? peyton had the ball...he kicked our butts... I see your point and agree but am also stating we will never beat the colts again unless our secondary is vastly improved...and mine as well throw in a little help on the Dline....I'm not even getting to our offense.
Old 01-22-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I guess it just humors me that we were 6-10 this year and 1-9 lifetime against the Colts but we hold the key .

Besides Jacksonville is the team that kicked the crap out of the Colts with over 300 yds rushing ... do they run zone blocking ?

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-22-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess it just humors me that we were 6-10 this year and 1-9 lifetime against the Colts but we hold the key .

Besides Jacksonville is the team that kicked the crap out of the Colts with over 300 yds rushing ... do they run zone blocking ?
haha yea, I'm glad we match up well against the jags. Its funny at the beginning of the season so many people thought we'd sweep the titans easy and maybe split the jags.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read