Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2007   #1
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default How about this quote?

"It's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Cameron said.

Wow, that's certainly a foreign thought on this board! Our new HC isn't held accountable until he replaces all the players he inherited with his own personal choices to fit 'whatever.'...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How about this quote?

I think Kubiak was given some leeway in his first year for a variety of reasons. But I think the gloves come off in 2007 and fans will expect a much improved product.
Old 01-20-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.
and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermaned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #4
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.
Well, no $***!

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve the talent level on your team by bringing in better players via FA and the draft.
Old 01-20-2007   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I still say we should have hired Macguyver.

He wouldnt need all this fancy shmancy "talent"... he could have won us the superbowl with a handful of ruberbands, a can of hairspray, and Matt Stevens.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I still say we should have hired Macguyver.

He wouldnt need all this fancy shmancy "talent"... he could have won us the superbowl with a handful of ruberbands, a can of hairspray, and Matt Stevens.
That is the post of the day
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #7
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermaned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason.

I think we could lock this thread up and leave it with this post. . . .I don't think you can argue any other way with what Bomb says.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2007   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Well, at least I have some 'fodder' for my 'they told me board!...always love to read that stuff at the end of the season...one of the best lines then is, "no way I said that!"
Old 01-20-2007   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How about this quote?

Quote:
Well, at least I have some 'fodder' for my 'they told me board!...always love to read that stuff at the end of the season...one of the best lines then is, "no way I said that!"
That makes no sense.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
Well, no $***!

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve the talent level on your team by bringing in better players via FA and the draft.
I think every team every year tries to improve their talent level through FA and the draft every year. Are you trying to say Kubiak didn't try doing this?

Grid, not even Macguyver could've won a superbowl with Matt Stevens at safety
Old 01-20-2007   #11
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Grid, not even Macguyver could've won a superbowl with Matt Stevens at safety
Man, I wonder what that guys doing now!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #12
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I honestly think we are an Oline away from contending. Olines can gel within a year lets hope ours does.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermanned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the off season.
Before Kubiak arrived, many posters were predicting a winning season and possibly even play-offs--too, the board was littered with posters saying we were just 1 or 2 players away from being good...and then, of course, there were the lofty predictions for 'great' #'s by Carr. Finally, posters couldn't wait to see what Kubiak's offense was going to do on the field--good riddance to Joe Pendry.

Then, as the season started and we weren't seeing 'anything' on the field approaching 'super human,' we started posting that Kubiak needed time to get all the players he needed for his system--heck, there was talk of 2 or 3 or more years before 'everything' was in place. "Capers got 4 yrs, why not Gary?"...and, we watched as Kubiak began his 'house cleaning.'

Yes, 6 wins is an improvement. But, in all honesty, most fans expected more. Where was the offense we were expecting? Who really expected Carr to throw less TDs under Kubiak than he did Pendry?

As fans, we're back to grasping for any excuse we can for Kubiak's less than winning season (no, I didn't predict one), so I thought Miami's new HC made an enlightening statement as I quoted above...and talk about challenge! As the article goes on to state, he inherits an aging defense and a struggling offense that the owner expects him to win with--a far cry from the time that Gary is being given to turn our team around...

Honestly, though, I hope Kubiak has learned not to make promises that--for whatever reason--he is unable to keep...Finally, I hope we are not expected to go through that '1 win improvement' from 1 year to the next...
Old 01-21-2007   #14
skillz24
Rookie

Quote:

yay for intelligence something this board needs more of
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #15
tsip
Hall of Fame

Quote:

...don't burst the Saints bubble yet, as their 1st time/1st year coach tries to lead them to the SB after going 3-13 last year
Old 01-21-2007   #16
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Quote:
...don't burst the Saints bubble yet, as their 1st time/1st year coach tries to lead them to the SB after going 3-13 last year
I am pretty sure Carr Bomb is not alking about the Saints, Bush or Payton.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How about this quote?

Quote:
Before Kubiak arrived, many posters were predicting a winning season and possibly even play-offs--too, the board was littered with posters saying we were just 1 or 2 players away from being good...and then, of course, there were the lofty predictions for 'great' #'s by Carr. Finally, posters couldn't wait to see what Kubiak's offense was going to do on the field--good riddance to Joe Pendry.
And that's like saying that sports radio callers are nothing but the most intelligent fans.

I mean, didn't we have a post last week about Tagliabue (SP) bribing McNair to pass on Bush so he would revitalize New Orleans?

I think most fans predicted a 6 or 7 win season. Me? 7. And we were about 10 (take your pick) boneheaded mistakes away from having 7 wins if we could get any one of them back, lol.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Man, I wonder what that guys doing now!
Just last night he asked me if I wanted to super size my fry for a quarter more.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Point. BUT...

The Saints got a major upgrade at QB, then Colston came along. The Saint's had players but no coaching before this year.

The Texans had neither.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I wish cameron the best i was hoping we would get him last year i think he really would made the right decisions. dont get me wrong i like kubiak but he could of done a better job of benching players i guess i was dissapointed during pre season and practices and even the regular season when clearly one player out-performs another player but because of politics in the front office nothing is done about it well not in enough time to save the season we probably could of finnished with a 8-8 otherwise.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read