Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007   #1
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Ricky coming home

I was just reading this post about this coach that was on the market to be hired and then it all of sudden it morphed into gigantic bags of groceries, beans, and stew. It was bizarre to say the least and I was getting the munchies and everything by the end of it.

So I decided to light up a nice fat one and ponder the meaning of it all. ( a cigar of course... I am still smarting from a Kinky hangover )

And that's when it hit me.

Ricky Williams.

Saban is gone from the Dolphins and I am sure the new coach needs to start taking the old horse back to the draft of youth, while we just simply need a horse.

did some checking around... looks like Ricky canceled his annual yoga trip to India to concentrate on getting into football shape. So now I am thinking, it's time for the Texans roll out the rehab carpet.

Dayne-Williams 2007 Houston Texan backfield.

He's gotta be cheap.

Run Ricky Run!!
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #2
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 47
Posts: 311
Rep Power: 10 CowboysTexansFan is a team player
Default Re: Ricky coming home

The other night, Jay Leno mentioned that Ricky Williams wanted to return to the NFL after serving a one-year suspension for marijuana use. He also mentioned the Ricky has taken up yoga. That is a great thing, because now Ricky will be able to smoke joints with his toes!



It was pretty funny during the monologue...
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #3
Please_Evolve
Veteran
 
Please_Evolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 494
Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Funny.....Shawne Merriman does roids and get's four games. Ricky smokes pot and everyone is up in arms.

Seriously. He has no history of doing violent crime. He's never been accused of murder. He's not a cinci Bengal. He's not Lawrence Phillips. He hasn't been pulled over fora DUI/DWI. He hasn't been busted ina hotel room with hookers. His on field production isn't that bad. Didn't he lead the league in rushing one year?

I think the Dolphins still have him under contract anyway. They might be willing to part with him for a 3rd or 4th perhaps. I dunno i like the idea and despite everything i'ma fan ofthe guy. Seems liek the type of guy that's just playing football as a means to an end and is looking at the bigger picture of life. I can respect that.
__________________
45-10 aggies lose.
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
I was just reading this post about this coach that was on the market to be hired and then it all of sudden it morphed into gigantic bags of groceries, beans, and stew. It was bizarre to say the least and I was getting the munchies and everything by the end of it.

So I decided to light up a nice fat one and ponder the meaning of it all. ( a cigar of course... I am still smarting from a Kinky hangover )

And that's when it hit me.

Ricky Williams.

Saban is gone from the Dolphins and I am sure the new coach needs to start taking the old horse back to the draft of youth, while we just simply need a horse.

did some checking around... looks like Ricky canceled his annual yoga trip to India to concentrate on getting into football shape. So now I am thinking, it's time for the Texans roll out the rehab carpet.

Dayne-Williams 2007 Houston Texan backfield.

He's gotta be cheap.

Run Ricky Run!!

How is Houston home for Ricky? He is from San Diego? And No, we will not go after him with the intentions of him being a major factor in our offense.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
How is Houston home for Ricky? He is from San Diego? And No, we will not go after him with the intentions of him being a major factor in our offense.
Well Ricky has a rather esoteric view of where home is, of this I am certain.

Yes, he is under contract with the Dolphins. But it's not like the asking price is going to be all that. So in that same respect, Ricky is not expected to be a major factor.

We signed Eric Moulds last year, so I don't think the character issue is such a big wall to get over here.

I DO really think that the Dolphins will want to unload him. Seriously. He is tied to Saban and Wannstedt and all those ill feelings. I think that's enough to bail on him. Plus I was just reading about him defending Saban... which right or wrong... is another reason to get rid of him to make it easier to turn the franchise around.
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #6
carter08
truth.
 
carter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 166
Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
How is Houston home for Ricky? He is from San Diego? And No, we will not go after him with the intentions of him being a major factor in our offense.
Apparently they think everyone who ever attended UT is from Texas
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame
 
Texans Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 40
Posts: 2,303
Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've been considering this option for the past few weeks (in my head, at least). Yes, I think the Dolphins will want to unload Ricky Williams. They need to start fresh, and Ricky is another piece of what went wrong there. Yes, I think he would be cheap. I'm looking at league minimum for a rookie who will be out for the season if anything looks wrong. Yes, the Texans need instant running back help. These are all reasons the Texans could take Ricky Williams.

There are a three major things going against this, however.

The Texans haven't taken "high-risk" players with major personality/drug/criminal issues. The Texans are likely to draft AP or Marshawn Lynch. Coach K doesn't need another "possibile Running Back" scenario like he had last year. He's already been burned by Dominic Williams not being able to run. I don't think he is likely to want a second running back who has a high risk of not playing the entire season. It's the old saying: Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.

Could it happen? I couldn't say no, but I think it is pretty unlikely. However, the best chance depends on the Lions and Browns and whether or not they take AP. If the top RB in the draft is out, there is a chance (small chance, but a chance) that the Texans pick him up. Won't be for much of a deal, though, I don't think. Who wants to use a draft pick on a guy who may never play for you?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2007   #8
old football fan
Veteran
 
old football fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston
Age: 65
Posts: 237
Rep Power: 9 old football fan is a fan favorite
Default Re: Ricky coming home

If we bring in Ricky Williams it will be like the old Roger Miller song; dang me, dang me, outta take a rope and hang me, hang me from the highest tree
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #9
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Could it happen? I couldn't say no, but I think it is pretty unlikely. However, the best chance depends on the Lions and Browns and whether or not they take AP. If the top RB in the draft is out, there is a chance (small chance, but a chance) that the Texans pick him up. Won't be for much of a deal, though, I don't think. Who wants to use a draft pick on a guy who may never play for you?
Well.. I guess I see teams giving up lower round picks all the time. Considering the fact that most guys drafted late are drafted not to start anyway, but rather as a prospect that they might turn into a starter. Which is what you get with Williams. In that sense, you could treat him as a player that is coming off of an injury... or is injury prone.

Then there is that Culpepper fella. There was a little talk about him making the rounds after the new coach was announced. I guess there is a little money that could be saved 'if' he is cut 'or' his contract redone ( something about lower base salary, I didn't look at the details ).

I think the Lions would bite. The Raiders would too.
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #10
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by old football fan View Post
If we bring in Ricky Williams it will be like the old Roger Miller song; dang me, dang me, outta take a rope and hang me, hang me from the highest tree
Right.

BUT I don't think anybody is going to do a Ditka-Wannstedt half the draft and the kitchen sink kinda deal for Ricky Williams. If they did, then I would agree.

otherwise, he's an ok risk for an auxillary back in a two back system.

The Dolphins would keep him under contract for the playing ability. I just think that he would be let go more for "chemistry" and 'sense of forward progress' reasons then anything else.

bah... then of course he might all of sudden hear the yogi calling his name something fierce after that 8 million dollar contract gets reworked.

O well... was fun thinking about it for a little bit.. and should be just as entertaining to see what Cameron does
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #11
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran
 
OrangeCountyTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
Rep Power: 9 OrangeCountyTexansFan is a team player
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Williams should be tried out for running back again and the Texans should give him that opportunity. (Of course, when I say Williams, I'm referring to Dominic.)
Ricky is the biggest disappointment out of UT. I do not want to see his sorry butt here.
__________________
I am a true Texans fan that will never wear a vy Tennessee Traitors jersey.
OrangeCountyTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame
 
Texans Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 40
Posts: 2,303
Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Ricky coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Right.

BUT I don't think anybody is going to do a Ditka-Wannstedt half the draft and the kitchen sink kinda deal for Ricky Williams. If they did, then I would agree.

otherwise, he's an ok risk for an auxillary back in a two back system.

The Dolphins would keep him under contract for the playing ability. I just think that he would be let go more for "chemistry" and 'sense of forward progress' reasons then anything else.

bah... then of course he might all of sudden hear the yogi calling his name something fierce after that 8 million dollar contract gets reworked.

O well... was fun thinking about it for a little bit.. and should be just as entertaining to see what Cameron does

Assuming Cameron let's him go (and I don't think that's a big assumption), the Raiders, Lions, and Browns all have first dibs on him.

Could we see Ricky in black and silver? Wouldn't doubt it. High-calibre, high-risk player, number one draft pick, and new coach -- sounds like the Saints, and they didn't do to bad this year...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger