Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-19-2007   #1
TXGRL
Veteran

Question Texan's Mock Draft from Yahoo NFL

Mock Draft from John Murphy, Yahoo Sports. Do you agree?

8. Houston Texans Marshawn Lynch, running back, California. Head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Rick Smith will work together for the first time in the war room, although they spent plenty of years in a similar capacity while both were with the Broncos. Veteran leadership along the offensive line should be taken care of through free agency, but answering questions at the skill positions is much more difficult. A year ago, the Texans passed on taking a franchise quarterback or running back in order to upgrade the defense's front seven. They were able to find linebacker DeMeco Ryans, the Defensive Rookie of the Year, in the second round, but a sputtering offense kept them from competing in far too many contests. If the draft follows this form, Houston would be on the clock with a top-rated signal caller and a pair of workhorse backs still available. It seems like the Texans are content with giving David Carr one last chance as their starting QB to see how or what he has absorbed after playing one season in Kubiak's systembut rotating faces in the backfield has to stop. Lynch is just too good to pass up here, as he can run, catch and provide the big-play ability that only a handful of backs in the NFL possess. Adrian Peterson's name has often come up or been associated with this pick, but Lynch is a far better fit for the Texans' scheme because of his above-average hands. Also, both Kubiak and Smith saw the type of instant impact a rookie back brought to divisional rivals Jacksonville and Indianapolis last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 01-19-2007   #2
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Re: Texan's Mock Draft from Yahoo NFL

GBN says the same thing

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I hope they are right
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm feeling the Lynch pick too.... because of all Kubiaks Offensive playmaker carry on... Lynch strikes as a more versatile weapon than Peterson.
Old 01-19-2007   #5
texanfan2100
Veteran

This guy has Brady Quinn dropping to Miami at #9. That makes me VERY nervous. If Quinn is still on the board when the Texans are picking at #8, I will be on my hands and knees praying the Texans don't pick him. My god, I'm shaking right now just thinking of the prospect of Quinn being a Texan. Don't do it Rick Smith!!! Don't do it Kubiak!!!
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I don't recall seeing some M. Lynch videos, so here's a few.

2006 highlights
2005 highlights
freshman highlights
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

he kinda reminds me of a faster version of LT, the way he uses his speed and power, and there both smaller runnin backs, but i say its worth a shot, maybe can turn into the next LT, if the texans get a better line, but i wouldn't be mad at that pick at all
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2007   #8
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61508 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
he kinda reminds me of a faster version of LT, the way he uses his speed and power, and there both smaller runnin backs, but i say its worth a shot, maybe can turn into the next LT, if the texans get a better line, but i wouldn't be mad at that pick at all
IF you want LT you need to draft Lawrence Timmons.
Old 01-21-2007   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i like the idea of getting lynch on one condition that we're doing so in a trade down senario otherwise if adrian isn't there at 8th i'd take reggie nelson
Old 01-21-2007   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
It seems like the Texans are content with giving David Carr one last chance as their starting QB to see how or what he has absorbed after playing one season in Kubiak's system but rotating faces in the backfield has to stop.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #11
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Lynch reminds to much of the great JJ Arrington im scared
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
I'm wary of all Collegiate backs that come out of spread offenses myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #13
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

I'm not that scared of picking Lynch, he is more "pro-style" than JJ Arrington was. What I mean by "pro-style" is that he has the size, vision, and and break a tackle from time to time. All JJ Arrington had working for him was his speed.

I agree though the Lynch is the better pick than A.P., just as long as we trade down. Lynch won't go past Green Bay.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #14
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the difference between jj arrington and marshawn lynch is vast...lynch has the vision the ability to break a tackle and the speed...arrington was just a speed guy...keep in mind that you really cannot judge arrington either...edge james wasn't even able to run the ball in arizona so that really doesn't hurt arrington's case at all
Old 01-21-2007   #15
cbnjwill
Veteran

i would be havppy to get a runningback in the firtst round but its all for not if we aree gonna throw carr back out there for another yr. i hope they are wrong this is getting old. carr has to go this offseason i dont wanna hear any excuses
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #16
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
Didn't Arrington go to Arizona. Even Pro Bowler Edgerin James couldn't run there. Arrington might not have been given a chance to succeed. Of course I never saw him run, so I have no idea.
Old 01-22-2007   #17
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
I don't recall seeing some M. Lynch videos, so here's a few.

2006 highlights
2005 highlights
freshman highlights
If we are in the yahoo scenario and AP, Quinn & Lynch are available, I think we have to try and trade back to 11-12 and pick up another late rd pick. However, I have two problems with this guy after seeing his interview with Cold Pizza on YouTube:

1. The guy totally looks like a THUG. I would much rather take my chances with AP who atleast looks as if he's a classy guy.

2. The only word I think the guy knows is uhhhhh. About 50 times in the interview "uhhh yeah uhhh".

GO WITH ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #18
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I guess my over usage of a du-rag and my propensity to state "know what i'm talkin bout" would probably land some unyielding stereotypes from you, but you can't always judge a book by it's cover or something like that.

Play on the football field matters, staying out of trouble and off drugs is important but no one ever said you had to be a rhodes scholar to play for the texans.
Old 01-22-2007   #19
BeReal
Rookie

Lynch is actually a good guy. I've seen a couple of stories on him and his teammates, coaches, and fans seem to love him. Kind of reminds me of Chad Johnson, in a good way.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Ya Blue 2007 View Post
If we are in the yahoo scenario and AP, Quinn & Lynch are available, I think we have to try and trade back to 11-12 and pick up another late rd pick. However, I have two problems with this guy after seeing his interview with Cold Pizza on YouTube:

1. The guy totally looks like a THUG. I would much rather take my chances with AP who atleast looks as if he's a classy guy.

2. The only word I think the guy knows is uhhhhh. About 50 times in the interview "uhhh yeah uhhh".

GO WITH ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow so you dont want him on the texans because of what he looks like, now ill say that thats real classy
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read