Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-19-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Could we get one of the Philly QBs to Houston?

Garcia led the team to the playoffs while McNabb was on IR.

I know this might be a shot in the dark, but can we grab McNabb?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #2
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Could we get one of the Philly QBs to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Garcia led the team to the playoffs while McNabb was on IR.

I know this might be a shot in the dark, but can we grab McNabb?
......no and NO. Seriously ok let me think about this. McNabb has a long big contract and is a fixture in Philly. Before his injury he was putting up career numbers and the Philly team looked superbowl bound. Garcia came in and did an Admirable job. One of the quiet reasons why he did well was Reid left playcalling duties to Marinelli, who coached Garcia in his good days in San Fran, who also stepped up the running game in Philly. I hope it shows Reid what balance can really do for an offense instead of his pass heavy Offense, which i don't mind but i think it needed to be closer to 60-40 then his predominant 70-75 to 30-25 pass/run. Westbrook really showed up and was able to stay healthy the bulk of the year and the return of a HEALTHY Corell Buckhalter helped a lot. Oh yeah and Jeavon Kearse wil lbe healthy too next year. The Eagles are going to be a scary team next year. I love the way they draft. You know they picked up Winston Justice in the second round too? They build that team through the lines the first too picks of the draft usually and prefer to build their skill spots through free agency.

I don't see Garcia leaving either. He's at the tail end of his career and he wants to compete for a ring and i think Philly is a good spot for that and the coaching staff knows him well. With McNabb's Injury history lately as well... i expect the Eagles want to retain him as a viable insurance policy.

Sometimes the posts on this board make me gawk and think maybe there should be a wonderlic to pass to post threads.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read