Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2004   #1
calitexanfan
Rookie

Default youngest tripple threat in the league

u got david carr, domanik davis, and andre johnson do all u guys agree? how scary is this, none of these guys are in there 30's hopefully they can b together 4 a long time

Last edited by calitexanfan; 10-11-2004 at 11:44 PM.
calitexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with you on Carr and Johnson, but I'm not too sure what's going to happen with DD. Right now, I want to see more of Wells.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am more excited about the Carr, AJ, and Armstrong triplet combination. That is much scarier to defenses IMO.
Old 10-12-2004   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if DD doesnt work out.. we are going to NEED an every down back to round out or offense. you just cant compete in the NFL without some kind of running game.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Kay Jay Harris! he probably won't be drafted until the 3rd round because he has only played 1 season at the Division 1 level.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If only Carr could finish a game with a clean uniform ...... he takes so many hits , many as he releases or shortly after not to mention the sacks . Ever notice how Manning has ALL DAY to go thru his reads , find a reciever and throw , he seldom gets knocked down much less sacked and as many times a game as they throw the ball thats amazing . Given that kind of line play , Carr Johnson , Davis , Armstrong and Gaffney can put up the same kinda numbers as Manning , Harrison , Edge , Wayne and Stokley ..... He!! given that kinda time i could put up numbers
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Id like us to get Cedric Benson

Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams both came out of UT.. maybe Cedric Benson is the next generation.
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2004   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Cedric Benson will be a first round pick though. I think we will be drafting heavily on defense again. Kay Jay Harris will likely cost us a mid round pick.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Carr-Johnson-Davis

Is still the trifecta. Davis is not running to well because there are simply no lanes for him. Either the o-line blows or we are not creative enough on our run plays. I see both as a problem.

I agree i dont think its that Davis is a "bust" but the zone blocking just dont seem to be working for him. Dont worry D.D i still love ya. And man 3rd Coast Playa how can ya say that ya think Davis would be better at KR and PR than J.J moses ??? Moses always gets big returns when we need them most !!! No love for J.J or D.D whats this world coming to ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, I blame the new zone-blocking for the pressure on Carr and the lack of running games. It is the only thing that has been changed, and it is a significant change at that. I agree with corrosion that Carr never seems to have enough time to make his first reads, much less sit back in the pocket waiting for a WR to get open.
Old 10-12-2004   #11
Freshjive31
waterboy

Send a message via AIM to Freshjive31

I find it hard for anyone to think a 1,000 yard rushing fourth round RB behind our O-line is a possible bust! while he has had more fumbles this year than all last year (i believe not positive) he has also been injured and for most of preseason to, so give him some time with the o-line and lets see what he can do this season as well.
Freshjive31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #12
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

lots of players have single 1000 yard seasons.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #13
Freshjive31
waterboy

Send a message via AIM to Freshjive31

true but not many 4th round picks, starting only 10 games behind an O-line that was in the bottom quarter of the league.
Freshjive31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe he just needs to get it going around the 6th week like last year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #15
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Dommink Rhodes
any number of the Denver backs , Olandis Gary, etc....

Rhodes was an undrafted rookie who got 1000 yards for indy...

I think the number one challenge of a player who is able to rush for that in a season is to match it the next, when teams are keying on them and have a full season of game film to key in on them.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #16
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Harrington - Jones - Williams

Are Younger
Old 10-12-2004   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.. you think its the zone blocking?

1. the zone blocking has worked fine so far. It worked awesomely in the first two games.. and it worked well enough for Wells in the oakland game.

2. Our RBs have had no trouble putting up good rushing stats behind our current Oline. as i said.. DD did fine in the first two games.. Wells did good against Oakland.

3. There is a very simple reason why DD isnt finding holes.. its because he has happy feet behind the line of scrimmage.. he isnt just rocketing into the hole like he used to.. he is taking too long. I dont know if it is because he is worried about dropping the ball or what.. but watch the games again.. there are SO MANY time where he is shuffling around behind the line.. then tries to hit a hole and just gets ganked.

4. The last game against the Vikes didnt seem to use zone blocking.. at least not in the way we saw it used before. Instead of the whole line moving left or right and DD cutting back into a hole.. they just moved forward and DD tried to power through.. not his strongest point.

DD isnt a bust yet.. but he needs to get it together. Either that, or we need to use him differently.
Old 10-12-2004   #18
Sudds
Rookie

Harrington-Jones-Williams haven't done squat. Joey Harrington hasn't proved a thing other than the fact that throwing for 150 yards a game with 1 TD is all he can do. Jones has played 4 games, as has Williams. Williams, I agree, is a legitimate stud and will fall in the same line as AJ, Harrington still struggles with all of his weapons. Jones hasn't proved a thing.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Concerning DD's lack of production this season , you must take into account the fact he missed the vast majority of time in training camp and pre-season as he had last season , the difference being last season he didnt break the line-up until week 6 , in essence giving him 6 weeks to prepare for those last 10 games , equal to the roughly the length of training camp .
I expect him to get it together soon , and put up numbers as good or better than last season ..... lets just hope he can QUIT PUTTING THE BALL ON THE GROUND . take away those turn-overs against the Chargers and Lions the Texans are easily 4-1 instead of 2-3 .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I like DD alot, but as far as triple threat with Carr and AJ.. (no disrespect to DD) but I don't see it. DD is solid, but when I think of triple threat. I see a Qb that can make throws from anywhere on the field (Carr can do it), a WR that can take it to paydirt anytime you give him space and can make the tough catches (AJ can do that). Last but not least a triple threat at RB, He can break one at any time and beat you. I don't see DD having that kinda "speed" to break one at anytime. DD is a solid football player that knows how to run north and south. I think people get too excited (talking in general here and not pointing a finger at anyone) about the 1000 yard mark with DD. Yes it is a good accomplishment. And for the Texans, looks even better being we never had a runningback before that has done that. A 1000 yards isn't what it used to be.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read