Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-18-2007   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default DE Brian Robison

From Zierlein's Shrine Game report:

Texas DE Brian Robison is noticeably shorter than the tackles he is going up against, but he played with speed and leverage and was regularly beating tackles in one-on-one drills (and letting them know about it).

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

From Olin Buchanan's coverage:

High praise: Texas' Brian Robison might have been overshadowed to some degree by more heralded teammates, but scouts are apparently high on the 6-foot-3, 270-pound defensive end. One scout suggested Robison has a higher upside than former Texas defensive end Tony Brackens, who played nine seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars and appeared in a Pro Bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...vals&type=lgns

All Robison does is make plays. Guy is always making big hits, forcing fumbles, batting passes. Health has been a concern. Somebody is going to take this guy late and get a winner. Might be able to play a 3/4 OLB or some sort of hybrid spot, but he'll be a heckuva weakside 4/3 DE. He's a fine athlete. Would love to see him in a Texans uni.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DE Brian Robison

Quote:
From Zierlein's
I didn't get past that. All I needed to know.
Old 01-18-2007   #3
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I didn't get past that. All I needed to know.
Why bother posting then... dude's watching the practices and comes from a football family with tons of NFL contacts. Robison met with 11 NFL teams on Monday, Houston and New England notably among them... but let's forget about all that because you don't like Lance.
Old 01-18-2007   #4
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

maybe i missed it, but what round(s) is he projected to go in? they said he is projected to go late, does that mean on the first or second day? he sounds like a nice choice if peek and/or babin don't return. love to have a guy that garners a tony brackens comparison.
Old 01-18-2007   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
maybe i missed it, but what round(s) is he projected to go in? they said he is projected to go late, does that mean on the first or second day? he sounds like a nice choice if peek and/or babin don't return. love to have a guy that garners a tony brackens comparison.
Robison is pretty solid, I'd probably look at him in the 5th round and on if he falls that far. I'd be willing to look at him somewhere in the late 4th but probably not as early as our pick is, but a lot of that depends on who we have already drafted and who else is available. I'd still much prefer Baraka Atkins who is also at this Shrine Game this week.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #6
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
I'm a known Longhorn fan and I think Robison is a decent, steady player, but nothing special. I wouldn't look at him earlier than the 5th round.

He could be a good NFL player b/c he works very hard, plays w/ disciplne, doesn't get out of position, and makes the plays that he is supposed to make.

But trust me when I say that he is no Tony Brackens. I've seen Brackens make a sideline hit on a ball carrier so hard that it knocked his helmet off and I literally thought that the guy's head was still in it! Robison doesn't make those kind of special plays.
Old 01-18-2007   #7
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
I'm a known Longhorn fan and I think Robison is a decent, steady player, but nothing special. I wouldn't look at him earlier than the 5th round.

He could be a good NFL player b/c he works very hard, plays w/ disciplne, doesn't get out of position, and makes the plays that he is supposed to make.

But trust me when I say that he is no Tony Brackens. I've seen Brackens make a sideline hit on a ball carrier so hard that it knocked his helmet off and I literally thought that the guy's head was still in it! Robison doesn't make those kind of special plays.
That was the Texas Tech kicker... Robison makes plenty of plays and big hits. I think he'll go in the 3rd or 4th, this is a deep draft at his position.
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2007   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

In my opinion Robison is one of the those guys picked in the later rounds that winds up playing nine years and hangs it up with a couple of rings. He makes plays and will create mismatches in situations. The type of guy you never notice until the playoffs. If he is there in the 5th, take him.
Old 01-19-2007   #9
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not too familiar with the guy but, FWIW, he was on 790 today and said that he has been learning some new moves with his hands that he "would never have thought of" and said he is saving them for the Shrine Game. We'll see what they do for him.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Robison is a local guy too......he's from Splendora and I believe he was playing some LB at UT before being moved to DE.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

fits New Englands system, brings value & can play the 3-4

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Robison is a local guy too......he's from Splendora and I believe he was playing some LB at UT before being moved to DE.
Robison did play LB and did so at the very beginning of his college career. He wasn't there very long at all though. He took one of the worst crack-back blocks on a LB that I have ever seen a couple of yrs ago (in the Kansas St. game I believe) that hurt him pretty good and was downright embarrassing.

From that point on, he never played LB again. The coaches changed him to DE and beefed him up. He excelled there and became a very solid player. I could definitely see him doing very well in a 34 system.
Old 01-20-2007   #13
Dr. Toro
All Pro

"Texas defensive end Brian Robison might have improved his status as much or more than any other player this week. Scouts have been impressed with Robison's agility. Some said he could add enough weight to his 6-foot-3-inch, 270-pound frame to play defensive tackle, if necessary.

Most scouts have projected him as a third round draft choice who could move into the second round."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...vals&type=lgns

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read