Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2007   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question about Sage (not Shane ha ha ha!!)

The season before year Sage Rosenfelts played on a Miami Dolphin team that was like 3-7 and then won their last 6 games in a row to end their season at 9-7.

It is my understanding that he played a good amount of time during that season including in a game in which Miami came from behind down 21 points in the fourth quarter.

Do any of yall know how many of those six games he played in?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question about Sage (not Shane ha ha ha!!)

This should answer your question.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2005

And it was only 4 games he played in, starting in 1.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks. Just wanted to see how he did and if he started at all.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

He really helped light a spark there at the end of their season that year.
I remember seeing his highlights on ESPN a lot.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I really wish we could have given him a couple of games at the end of the season, just to get a look at him. Preseason is preseason and can be very misleading. I think he could make a good QB for us, but its hard to tell.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot man, I'm all for letting him play more. Whatever is best for this team in the long run in building a great team. playoff contender...superbowl contender. I don't care if it's Carr, Sage, Plummer, whoever...I would like some superstar QB in a few years though that is really good and popular but i don't care about right now...we're rebuilding and I hope we do it right...right might not necessarily be throwing your qb to the ground and getting a new one...I'd build the rest of my team 1st. then let the 'star' qb come in and look like a 'star'. Kinda like Cutler and young and Leinart were supposed to do...but their teams couldn't wait on them. If we drafted a QB in 1st this year....I don't think we would wait for him to develop.. and I'd rather him develop
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #7
datruth55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Thanks. Just wanted to see how he did and if he started at all.
I was asked to come out here by Texans84 (not sure if he goes by that here or not but anyway....), I'm a Dolphins fan so I'll tell you what I know about Sage.

Sage's came over when Norv Turner became the offensive coordinator for the Dolphins during the Wannstedt era (more like a nightmare but that's another subject). Norv had coached Sage when he was the head coach of Washington so I would think if he brought him over he thought highly enough about him to make that trade, it wasn't a high trade but something like a 6th or 7th round pick if I remember. One of the reasons he was brought over was because he was familiar with Norv's offense and he could "coach" the other QB's we had.

For many years Sage had been our most accurate passer when throwing deep. He displayed that many times in training camp and preseason. He's got good touch on the deep ball and he likes to look down field when given time. That's probably his biggest strength. He doesn't have a very strong arm so the out patterns are not for him. He played in a few games his last year with us. When he came off the bench he was money. The guy could light it up. It was him who led the Dolphins in a come from behind win against the Bills where we went into the forth quarter down 23-3 and we won 24-23. However, he also started against the Cleveland Browns - the only start of his career with the Dolphins - and we got shutout and embarrassed in that game. It's a different animal entirely when you come off the bench then when a team game plans for you.

Personnally I think Sage could develop into another Jake Delhomme. He's not going to be a superstar but he'll have some great games along with some bad games. Take it for what it's worth.
datruth55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thanks for the insight datruth, appreciate you coming over. Sums up a few questions that we've been having about him.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #9
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see Sage/Shane get a chance to start for us.
He deserves it after spending the season on the sidelines trying to get Carr to believe in himself.
Lost count of all the times I saw Sage point to his own temples and yell "believe" towards Carr.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

I too think we should look at sage the only concern I have is like what the man said about him not playing well starting in the game. Then we would be in the same situation all over agian. I really dont know what type of angle we need to take, I know that carr is prob out of here and I know there are a few QB in the draft that might be sleepers but I really dont know what they are going to do. I know we deff need another playmaker on offense. I think they are going to get the best possible player that is avalible at 8th pick and then go from there. We really need help at every posistion. Just hope they dont screw this draft up bc we cant afford it.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #11
TXGRL
Veteran

I think Sage showed great composure when we put him in the game. He almost rallied us to a win last year...I also think we should have put him in last couple of games..would like to see him play more.
Old 01-18-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGRL View Post
I think Sage showed great composure when we put him in the game. He almost rallied us to a win last year...I also think we should have put him in last couple of games..would like to see him play more.
I would have really liked to see him in the games too. But not seeing him leads me to believe this staff knows what he has good or bad. most likely good and that we will be keeping him...not cutting him or trading him whatever. I think they continued to play Carr so they could have as many plays during THIS season to see how he progressed in his decision making. i feel they knew they'd keep sage but not so much carr.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #13
TXGRL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I would have really liked to see him in the games too. But not seeing him leads me to believe this staff knows what he has good or bad. most likely good and that we will be keeping him...not cutting him or trading him whatever. I think they continued to play Carr so they could have as many plays during THIS season to see how he progressed in his decision making. i feel they knew they'd keep sage but not so much carr.
I hear that he is pretty popular in with the team/managment. He has evidentially made sacrifices for the team, etc...so hopefully, that means he will be our steady back-up at very least.
Old 01-19-2007   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What strange stats. He only started 1 game, against Cleveland, and he posted these numbers:

11/20 @CLE L
0-22
GS Yes
Attempts: 10
Completions: 5
Completion %: 50.0
Yards:14
TDs: 0
INTs: 2
Rating: 16.7

Every game he didn't start, he did very well in.
Old 01-19-2007   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What strange stats. He only started 1 game, against Cleveland, and he posted these numbers:

11/20 @CLE L
0-22
GS Yes
Attempts: 10
Completions: 5
Completion %: 50.0
Yards:14
TDs: 0
INTs: 2
Rating: 16.7

Every game he didn't start, he did very well in.
See datruth's post about 7 back. Seems as if he was a different qb when he came off the bench, rather than starting.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGRL View Post
His hand was injured the last few games of the year. I'll never understand why they use QBs to hold balls for kickers!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is in the class of QB like Gifford Neilson, Cody Carelson, Billy Volek and Frank Reich...ideal back ups, but less than ideal starters.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #18
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'll never understand why they use QBs to hold balls for kickers!!
Me neither.

Sincerely,

Tony Romo
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Me neither.

Sincerely,

Tony Romo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

made my afternoon

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read