Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2007   #1
DMars87
Rookie

Default Trade Idea

OK, the Raiders need a QB and if they were to trade for one, it would open up the number one pick to be taken on AD or someone else.

That being said what do you think it would take along with D.Carr for the Texans to get Randy Moss.

i think it would make sense for both teams because the Texans would get the explosive offensive player to put alongside Andre which the team desperatly needs and Kubiak has openly desired. The Raiders would have Carr at QB and could draft Peterson to put at RB or Calvin Johnson to replace Moss (who hasnt exactly lived up to expectations is Oakland).

What do yall think
DMars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Idea

We don't need another old WR. He's not much of a playmaker anymore either. I don't think the Raiders would trade Carr for Moss in the first place.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only no, but h e l l no!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #4
DMars87
Rookie

well even if not strait up, what else would it take... and seeing as how people would be happy with a 3/4 round pick for Carr, i dont see whats wrong with Moss
Old 01-16-2007   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Wanting Randy Moss is like saying, "I want the Flu"
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Wanting Randy Moss is like saying, "I want the Flu"
or a vineral disease
Old 01-16-2007   #7
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMars87 View Post
well even if not strait up, what else would it take... and seeing as how people would be happy with a 3/4 round pick for Carr, i dont see whats wrong with Moss
the problem is your not getting 1998 randy moss or even 2003 randy moss. moss is disinterested and would probably bristle at coming to a situation where he might not win right away.
Old 01-16-2007   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade him for Lamont Jordan and a 6th rounder or something.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #9
DMars87
Rookie

fair enough... i was just throwing it out there.

if people on this board would rather have Carr, i better go bark up another tree
Old 01-16-2007   #10
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
fair enough... i was just throwing it out there.

if people on this board would rather have Carr, i better go bark up another tree
not that we would rather have carr, but i would rather have randy moss less.
Old 01-16-2007   #11
Toro
Veteran

As much as a majority of the fan base is disinterested in seeing David Carr, Encore Season 6, even fewer are seeing him traded for a disinterested pain in the ass who causes more trouble than he's worth.

I'll stick with other options at WR.. Namesakely, Moulds and Walter.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Read this first please beofr we have another ? Trade Idea

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=33687

Quote:
If rumors and speculation are to be taken seriously out of Reliant Park, David Carr’s career with the Texans might be nearing the end. There is talk of the team either trading or releasing the first overall draft pick of the 2002 draft, but taking such a measure has salary cap implications worth evaluating.

First though, here are some presumed facts about how the Texans have financed their Carr to date:

• The Texans executed a three-year buyback option before the official start to the 2006 season, allowing the team to prorate the $8 million bonus across a fourth year and onto the 2005 salary cap at $2 million per season.

• As it stands now, Carr has a 2007 cap value of roughly $7.25 million, the same as it was in 2006, which is made up of the $2 million bonus prorate plus a base salary of $5.25 million next season.

• Carr is scheduled to earn a base salary of $6 million in 2008, making his current cap value in the final year of his contract roughly $8 million.

• While we do not know for certain how much room the Texans currently have under the 2007 salary cap, recent projections put the team somewhere near $19.8 million. I keep an unofficial tally here on HoustonProFootball.com, and depending on how the team treats the dead money for earlier big cuts like Gary Walker, Todd Wade, and Robaire Smith, that cap room could be closer to $14 million or less.

So onto the “what if” scenarios…
No team is going to PAY us four million to take a shell shocked QB who damn near gave his HC an aneurysm during the New England game. Why, if they can get the guy with a hundred dollar waiver cliam, would anyone do this ?
No Mass please on the Alice in Wonderland trade scenarios.
Old 01-17-2007   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Read this first please beofr we have another ? Trade Idea

I actually like the idea of the Lamont Jordan deal but I posted earlier that even just getting a 3rd or 4th would be good because of how early they pick in those rounds.

You probably aren't getting a whole lot for Carr but what ends up happening is alot of those playmakers like Russell and Peterson start falling down a bit and that could make alot of things happen for us. If teams 2-7 see the QBs and take them, Peterson and Thomas start falling to us and so on.

In a way we would be creating for us how the other teams benefited when we passed on Young or Bush and the Saints signed their back up QB Jamie so and so before the draft. The playmakers started falling.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #14
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Moss is the type of player the Texans are trying not to pick up, just like TO, who the Texans had the first shot at. I remember a McNair quote (can't find it) that went something like "TO? Why would I want TO? I have enough problems with the franchise as it is."
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #15
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, David Carr is suppose to be traded to the Vikings this off season.

Links: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/1/1...ShowThread.aspx

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/fo...?threadid=7025
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

rumor. You guys are worse than a bunch of old maid baptist hens at a picnic.

Sprinkle the rumor with a little truth, add a trust worthy name, Viola...gotta be true.

Now if they'd said Detroit....swap positons for the two so we could take Joe Thomas, I might of swallowed that dangler. Carrs not going anywhere. Uncle Bob isn't going to eat the four million and neither is the partner club.
Old 01-18-2007   #17
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
rumor. You guys are worse than a bunch of old maid baptist hens at a picnic.
You're absolutely right, you won't hear any rumor my end.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #18
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
OK, the Raiders need a QB and if they were to trade for one, it would open up the number one pick to be taken on AD or someone else.

That being said what do you think it would take along with D.Carr for the Texans to get Randy Moss.

i think it would make sense for both teams because the Texans would get the explosive offensive player to put alongside Andre which the team desperatly needs and Kubiak has openly desired. The Raiders would have Carr at QB and could draft Peterson to put at RB or Calvin Johnson to replace Moss (who hasnt exactly lived up to expectations is Oakland).

What do yall think
I don't want Moss, and the Raiders will draft JaMarcus Russell. They should have drafted at QB last year but I don't think they'll choose an underachieving fifth year player over an elite rookie prospect who's getting better every game.
Old 01-19-2007   #19
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post
I don't want Moss, and the Raiders will draft JaMarcus Russell. They should have drafted at QB last year but I don't think they'll choose an underachieving fifth year player over an elite rookie prospect who's getting better every game.
You're right; it's not like they've ever done THAT before.

Hello? Why do you think they'll change now? They've only done that for the past 15-20 years...
Old 01-19-2007   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

One of the posts from the KFAN message board is solid gold --

Quote:
Carr is an excellent quarterback, when given an offensive line to back him up. I saw many of his games 2 years ago when they actually had a line that gave him some time. He took a very below average team on his back to an 8-8 year. In my estimation hes the main reason they even won 6 games this year
The Texans PR staff should hire this guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read