Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-16-2007   #1
SugarLandTexan
Rookie

Default How about Willis McGahee?

He wants out of Buffalo. Profile: 6' 3" 228 lbs 4.47 40. Runs hard, Good hands, has "take it to the house" speed. What do you guys think?
SugarLandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default Re: How about Willis McGahee?

He really isn't a "Kubiak Downhill Runner".
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #3
Dunta_23
All Pro

I think that everyone here is in agreement that he is a top 5-10 RB in the league and would probably take way too much in a trade to get him...and just because he may want out of Buffalo, doesnt mean he is going anywhere, he is under contract and when he becomes a FA, they can franchise him....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #4
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Depends what the Texans are willing to give up for him?

Also depends if Kubiak and Smith are going with another position beside running back in the early rounds of the draft.

Personally, I would give up a 4th for the guy.

gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post

Also depends if Kubiak and Smith are going with another position beside running back in the early rounds of the draft.

I love when people think we'll get a 2nd or better for Carr, but a proven guy like McGahee is only worth a 4th. This guy will get a first or 2nd rounder at least. he's a proven talent
Old 01-16-2007   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLandTexan View Post
Profile: 6' 3" 228 lbs 4.47 40. Runs hard, Good hands, has "take it to the house" speed. What do you guys think?
Sounds like AP, but a little bigger
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #7
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

pretty petty of mcgahee, considering buffalo took a chance on him after that horrific injury he had against ohio state in jan. 2003. you'd think a leap of faith would get rewarded a little more than that.

his worth shouldnt be more than a 3 at the most.
Old 01-16-2007   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

If he's asking to be traded, we can probably get a bargain for him like we did with Eric Moulds last year. I'd do a third rounder.
Old 01-16-2007   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Generally, I wouldn't select or not select a player because of their personal life.

But, I heard on the radio this weekend that McGahee had 3 paternity suites filed against him in 2006.

Like Vinny said, RBs are easy to find and I don't think I want to take on this guy's personal life.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #10
old football fan
Veteran

But, I heard on the radio this weekend that McGahee had 3 paternity suites filed against him in 2006.

Sounds like he needs to learn how to say"NO"
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #11
doughboy
Veteran

Buffalo are really looking like Dumb@$$$ after taking him over travis henrey.
Seriously if yall need a running back Micheal Turner is gonna tear **** up.
Old 01-16-2007   #12
Toro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post

And chances are, they'd hang up the phone on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I love when people think we'll get a 2nd or better for Carr, but a proven guy like McGahee is only worth a 4th. This guy will get a first or 2nd rounder at least. he's a proven talent
He's also young, and has thus far shown few ill effects from his knee injuries. The problem is, there's not a high market for HB like there is QBs. With the possibility of Peterson falling to Houston at 8, I see the Texans standing pat on picks and going with him rather than looking outside the box for one.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Someone gave me some negative points for this post, anonymously of course, which is incredibly lame because all they were doing were disagreeing with me. And since they didn't say who they were, I'll refute some their claims here.

#1) See Vinny's post - Well since I couldn't possibly see Vinny's post before posting mine since it came after mine, I don't know what this is supposed to mean. I'm going to assume that by this he means that if Edge and Shaun didn't pick up high tender, neither will McGahee. This may be true, but I believe this is more on par with salaries than talent. Heres what I mean:
Edge - Huge contract.
Alexander - Huge contract.
Willis - Smallish contract. He's a cap hit of about 1.8 million, which is not bad.
If you'll remember, some good backs with low cap hits actually did receive high offers (see Clinton Portis).
(PS: Both Vinny and I said a 2 was a logical offer)

#2) Gjmac never said Carr should go for a 2nd. I agree that I never saw him say that, but I never said he said that either. All I was trying to get across was that the general feeling on the board seems to be that we can get good offers for Carr, but that high talent players will fall to us with low offers. This is a common optimistic thing, which isnt bad, just funny. It happens every year. Some great players becomes a FA, and everyones ready for us to sign him, only to watch him go elsewhere (See LeCharles Bentley).

Anyway, I bet if McGahee is traded, he'll get at least a 2nd. I could be totally wrong, but he's got a good ocntract, is young, and has been a proven guy. I guess we'll just see.

To whoever gave me some negative points, why didn't you just debate me here instead of anonymously via that system?
Old 01-17-2007   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
backs are a dime a dozen....he has too much injury history....he is worth a 2 at best imo. Edge and S Alexander couldn't get a first...no way McGahee will bring it.
agreed. My big question this morning is when does Kenechi Udeze become a free agent. Isn't this his third year ?
Old 01-17-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
backs are a dime a dozen
Couldn't agree more. That's why it would be so foolish to use, oh I dunno
say maybe a #1 overall, on a back if he's not a QB.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read