Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-16-2007   #1
skillz24
Rookie

Default Colt Brenan welcome to Houston...

well it has gonna happen with Colt coming out in the draft this year he is a lock to be taken by the texans in the 3rd round...unless somebody snatches him up sooner.

Anybody a better fit than him?
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #2
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Colt Brenan welcome to Houston...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz24 View Post
well it has gonna happen with Colt coming out in the draft this year he is a lock to be taken by the texans in the 3rd round...unless somebody snatches him up sooner.

Anybody a better fit than him?
i'm sure there are alot of others that are a better fit. though this pick makes no sense honestly.

face it mcnair is not getting rid of carr.

our o-line is not good enough to bring in ANOTHER side armed qb. dont know if you've seen the passing lanes lately.

this kid will probably not last until the 3rd round and i wouldn't want to spend anything earlier than a 4th on him.
Old 01-16-2007   #3
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
but I'm all for trading up for Jamarcus Russell.He throws the ball 85 yards while standing...
60 yards while kneeling...
And 40 yards while sitting flat on his BUTT!
Ryan Leaf had a great arm too. It takes more than that to be a winner.
I have not seen enough of Russell to make a decision yet, but I think I need more reasons than he has a great arm to trade up for him. Did he raise his game against the big opponents?
Montana, Staubach, Brady. They did okay without throwing far from their butts.
Old 01-16-2007   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

[[quote] [I can see LOTS of uses to have a QB that can throw the ball farther from his BUTT than our starting QB can on his feet!
Besides that...with our O-line...he'll be seeing a lot of time either on his butt...or on the way down./QUOTE]

I see you working LYB ... on passing downs he can take the snap on his butt to save time . Of course it can't be 3rd and 46 .
Old 01-16-2007   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched most of LSU's games this year and Russell is the ONLY non OL or D player I will accept in the 1st 2 rounds. He's got it all, from what I've seen.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

im down with lettin colt come in here and get a shot
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

As a former LSU student and die hard LSU fan, JaMarcus Russell is amazing. He has all it takes to be a good NFL quarterback. He is great in the clutch.

And to the person who said Ryan Leaf had a great arm to: No one has ever had an arm like JaMarcus Russell. He's different. His 6'6 frame has never been seen at the NFL quarterback position. I've stood next to the guy and you'd be amazed at what a specimen this guy is.
Old 01-16-2007   #8
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
As a former LSU student and die hard LSU fan, JaMarcus Russell is amazing. He has all it takes to be a good NFL quarterback. He is great in the clutch...
He may turn out to be the next generation prototype (they keep getting bigger and stronger) but he'll be long gone before we pick.

As for Brennan, I've seen him play a few times and I'm sold on his talent. He has a fierce competitive drive, a quick release and incredible accuracy. The "system QB" argument will always be there until someone (maybe Brennan) breaks the mold.

I'd be pleased as punch with either of them but I don't think we have a shot at Russell barring a trade-up scenario.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a former LSU student and die hard LSU fan, JaMarcus Russell is amazing. He has all it takes to be a good NFL quarterback. He is great in the clutch.

And to the person who said Ryan Leaf had a great arm to: No one has ever had an arm like JaMarcus Russell. He's different. His 6'6 frame has never been seen at the NFL quarterback position. I've stood next to the guy and you'd be amazed at what a specimen this guy is.
I can't believe I agree with you on ANYTHING!!!!
Russell is the NFL equivilant of Shaq. A man among boys. LSU is going to have one helluva draft this year. I hope they can reload and win the SEC next year. Win that and the BCS is yours.
Old 01-17-2007   #10
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:

you sure about that? a certain Culpepper comes to mind.

But, i'm with you, i think he's by far the best QB in the draft. But hes gonna go too high for us to have a shot at him. I'd rather use a 3rd on a Kolb or Stanton with a monster draft like last year, than blowing picks trying to move up.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewcfse.asp Get past the press clippings on Colt Brennan. He is the top college QB available. Doesn't mean he's the top pro prospect QB. Andre Ware was a pretty fair college QB when he came out. Any one spends a day one pick on the second tiered guys , the guys after the top three...that there thing is a reach.
Old 01-17-2007   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

nfldraftcountdown has colt going to the jags @ #17- dont agree with that but just saying
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
nfldraftcountdown has colt going to the jags @ #17- dont agree with that but just saying
I don't see that at all either. I like NFLDraftCountdown for the most part. I think his player evaluations are generally pretty good and his positional rankings are generally pretty decent as well, however his mock draft are fairly questionable a lot of the time, but then again it's mid-January and way too early for people to really be pulling together accurate mock drafts and for rankings to become more of a consensus opinion. Besides, most NFL teams probably don't have a real great view of who they are looking to concentrate on and where they are planning on heading in the draft, they still have almost two months of free agency to prepare for and get thru before the draft comes along, so mock drafts at this point are pretty meaningless.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i would prefer kevin kolb
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Colt is staying at Hawaii for another year

Quote:
Colt Brennan, the University of Hawai'i's record-setting quarterback, is expected to announce Wednesday he will return for his senior season, turning down an opportunity to enter the NFL draft.
Brennan filed paperwork with the NFL on Monday, but had 72 hours to change his mind. He is making his announcement this afternoon in a press conference at the Stan Sheriff Center.
Old 01-17-2007   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Probably a wise decision. I think he would have likely been the 3rd QB taken this year but I don't think he would have been a 1st rounder, maybe next year his stock will improve but I'm not sure how much it really will unless he revamps some of his mechanics that some people have concerns about, but I don't think he'll re-invent the way he throws the ball and such. At least Brohm is the only QB that is in front of him in next year's draft as of now, so that could help him out too if it stays that way.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a good decision...he's not even 200 pounds and needs to gain some mass before being crushed by the physical NFL defenders.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Thanks to whomever left me negative rep for comparing Russell and Shaq. At least have the stones to leave your name. I do, pos. or neg. on the rep. AND, I stand by my comment. Russell has played head and shoulders above his competition at LSU. JUST LIKE SHAQ. Next time, have the courage of your convictions and put your name to your rep.
Old 01-17-2007   #19
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

He is not coming out this year. It was confirmed today.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, may be he ain't coming to Houston this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read