Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-16-2007   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary Brown

I called Lundy a poor man's Gary Brown early in the year..but heck, Brown was a better back, period. I subscribe to this guy who uploaded the vid and I enjoy his old Oiler uploads....some old Oiler footage...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjIn9G4gznA

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ilpaesan

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Gary Brown

That's pretty cool... and left a pretty good question:

Why isn't Robert Brazile in the Hall of Fame?
Old 01-16-2007   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Didn't he have 1,000 yards rushing in 8 games one year?

That's tough to argue against.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #4
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Those videos are great!

It's good to see some good footage of the Oilers....instead of seeing the d**n Buffalo game on ESPN2 and ESPN Classic.
Old 01-16-2007   #5
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

Man, I just cannot believe how much I miss the Oilers, those jerseys, that logo, the whole enchilada.

Sigh.
Old 01-16-2007   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Brown and that stiff-arm of his I remember fondly. I used to call him "Baby Earl" back then. He was like a little cannon ball.
Old 01-16-2007   #7
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

Can someone explain to me again how the hell we lost to KC with a bye week and home field?

Was Pardee that bad a coach?
Old 01-16-2007   #8
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontooilfan View Post
Can someone explain to me again how the hell we lost to KC with a bye week and home field?

Was Pardee that bad a coach?
"Not-your-ordinary-Joe" Montana
Old 01-16-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Montana always had good luck against Buddy Ryan's 46 defense, IIRC.

Thanks for the video links, Vinny! It's great to see Brown in action. I had forgotten how great he used to look out there.
Old 01-16-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice, thanks for all this.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I called Lundy a poor man's Gary Brown early in the year..but heck, Brown was a better back, period. I subscribe to this guy who uploaded the vid and I enjoy his old Oiler uploads....some old Oiler footage...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjIn9G4gznA

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ilpaesan
The thing I liked about Gary Brown was that his success was in a run - n- shoot offense.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read