Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2007   #1
Westside
Rookie

Default Trading Carr a Possibility

790 just reported that the Texans FO are willing to trade Carr...stay tuned
Westside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trading Carr a Possibility

Just heard the same thing. Bob McNair said he would not interfere if the coaching staff decided to trade David Carr and that he would agree with whatever decision they came up with.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmmmm....interesting.... if true
Old 01-15-2007   #4
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

VERY interesting. Isn't so hard to imagine someone else at QB for the Texans? It's needed no doubt, but it is a little strange. I wonder who will be the starter next year.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #5
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
VERY interesting. Isn't so hard to imagine someone else at QB for the Texans? It's needed no doubt, but it is a little strange. I wonder who will be the starter next year.
Old 01-15-2007   #6
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
790 just reported that the Texans FO are willing to trade Carr...stay tuned
OMG...if only we could get the Raiders 2nd & 4th round picks for Carr. Maybe they would go for it. Al Davis does prefer previously failed veteran QBs to try to mold into something great...nevermind the whole overplayed California thing.

Please, please, please **crosses fingers** please, please, please....

C'mon make it happen Smith.

Hey back off!! I can dream can't I?!
Old 01-15-2007   #7
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

NO to Plummer....question though, who in the hell would want Sub-Par???
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2007   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
NO to Plummer....question though, who in the hell would want Sub-Par???
a coaching staff that likes completion percentage and qb rating
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #9
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I hope we don't just give him away... we need at least something in return, and when I say something I am not saying a backup, or a 5th round pick.

By the way everyone... do not be surprised when Carr flourishes somewhere else.
Old 01-15-2007   #10
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
We won't be surprised, because it won't happen....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be good. I would take a 3rd or 4th easily. Let's just get it done and start back on the road to recovery.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
I hope we don't just give him away... we need at least something in return, and when I say something I am not saying a backup, or a 5th round pick.

david carr and a 3rd rounder for tatum bell
????
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree, but I'll tell you what will happen. A vet or someone else will come in, do well and because they know how to function in a less than perfect situation you will hear people say, "only if Carr had this line, etc" when in reality it is the QB making plays.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #14
DarkNinja
Veteran

Oh my....does this means I'm right again?? McNair had something to do with the draft from the start. This is another reason we didn't get VY or RB whom later contributed to successful teams and will be a problem later for us... Ha, Ha, Ha....the whole NFL laughs again at Houston. And finally this why we are all sitting at home watching what McNair passed up make the NFC championship......thanks Bob you are real un-proven business man once again.....Keep up the good work!!
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Joey Harrington was traded for a 6th round pick last year to the Dolphins. We probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th. I would take Jake Plummer. He's a better option than Carr and he had success with Kubiak. I don't think it's coincidence that after Kubiak left Denver, they weren't as successful on offense this year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #16
K.D.
Veteran

I don't think anyone will be suprised if carr suceeds somewhere else. I really do like carr, but it's time for a change of scenery with him. Carr has all the tools to be a successful qb, but the sad part about it is it will never happen in a TEXANS uniform. I would wish him all the success and actually root for whatever team he goes to, but it is time for us to move on.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
david carr and a 3rd rounder for tatum bell
????
no way. you could get a player of bell's ilk in the 3rd anyway and denver isnt going to pay 7 mil for a guy to backup cutler. they might as well keep plummer.
Old 01-15-2007   #18
DarkNinja
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
OMG...if only we could get the Raiders 2nd & 4th round picks for Carr. Maybe they would go for it. Al Davis does prefer previously failed veteran QBs to try to mold into something great...nevermind the whole overplayed California thing.

Please, please, please **crosses fingers** please, please, please....

C'mon make it happen Smith.

Hey back off!! I can dream can't I?!

Hey, lets have a "Send A Used Carr Back to California Party".......Yeeaaahhh!!
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #19
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Joey Harrington was traded for a 6th round pick last year to the Dolphins. We probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th. I would take Jake Plummer. He's a better option than Carr and he had success with Kubiak. I don't think it's coincidence that after Kubiak left Denver, they weren't as successful on offense this year.
Why would we bring in a qb who threw more interceptions in 8 games then carr did in 16?
Old 01-15-2007   #20
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess it's impossible that that could happen. Hmn.....Drew Breese comes to mind. Or hey, not a QB, but how about Gaffney and the Patriots? Best thing that ever happened to him to be let out of here. He might be playing in a Super Bowl, he was so horrid.

Some of this is just simply amazing. Bob McNair not being a business man? Geez....
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read