Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2007   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Antonio Pittman to declare

According to Scott Wright, press conference is scheduled for letter today. Where do you think he will end up in draft. I think he will end up in third round but he is a good back and runs like Portis. Not as good as Portis but his running style is very similar to him.

Last edited by dbspi; 01-15-2007 at 04:51 PM.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #2
Heywood
Veteran

Default Re: Antonio Pittman to declare

wow- i'm stunned by this.

pittman is an excellent "one-cut" back for the texans' system. he could be worth looking at at 41-ish or wherever the texans second pick is. he will definitely enter their thought process.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #3
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

not a draftnik but this only gives the Texans more options if they choose to not go RB/trade down in the first.
Old 01-15-2007   #4
dbspi
Veteran

yes he provides more options for the Texans. He's definitely a back that needs to get his carries to be productive.

Last edited by dbspi; 01-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I'd rather have the RB from grambeling St or the Race guy from Pittsburg state. Both are bigger just as fast and Race has been more than a little productive. Both Selvin Young and Pittman, all of them really, are going to have a learning curve on blocking and recieving in the NFL
Old 01-15-2007   #6
dbspi
Veteran

Declared for the draft according to ESPN.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753
Old 01-15-2007   #7
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
yes he provides more options for the Texans. He's definitely a back that needs to get his carries to be productive.
sorry if that sounded a little "whichever team scores more points has a better chance to win"-ish.
Old 01-15-2007   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

antonio pittman would be an awesome fit!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
According to Scott Wright, press conference is scheduled for letter today. Where do you think he will end up in draft. I think he will end up in third round but he is a good back and runs like Portis. Not as good as Portis but his running style is very similar to him.
I'd be a little surprised if he makes it into the 1st day of the draft, just depends on when teams start taking a bunch of RBs. I don't especially see the Portis comparisons, in some sort of way he runs in a similar style in that he is decent at making his one cut and going with it (can be said for several RBs though) but he's no where near as athletic or talented. He'd warrant consideration on the 2nd day of the draft, but I'd hope that we can secure a more talented RB somewhere this offseason.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #10
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
I'd be a little surprised if he makes it into the 1st day of the draft, just depends on when teams start taking a bunch of RBs. I don't especially see the Portis comparisons, in some sort of way he runs in a similar style in that he is decent at making his one cut and going with it (can be said for several RBs though) but he's no where near as athletic or talented. He'd warrant consideration on the 2nd day of the draft, but I'd hope that we can secure a more talented RB somewhere this offseason.

pittman is a VERY tough runner and he catches the ball well. i had him on my fantasy team and i watched him a lot. he might go round 1.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #11
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

What is his size and states and where does he rank amongst Peterson and Lynch?
Old 01-16-2007   #12
real

Pittman is at best a fourth rounder....
Old 01-16-2007   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Antonio Pittman to declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
As much as I'm on Troy, I don't want Pittman here (pains me to type the words). It would be another Wells.

Though bring in some Buckeyes, darn it!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
As much as I'm on Troy, I don't want Pittman here (pains me to type the words). It would be another Wells.

Though bring in some Buckeyes, darn it!
I would have killed for Wells this season...
Old 01-16-2007   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Antonio Pittman to declare

Quote:
I would have killed for Wells this season...
Probably, but I'm hoping we do better heading into next year
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #16
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
I tend to agree w/ most of your posts, but I think you're slightly underestimating Pittman.

I think he's a solid 3rd rounder who MAY sneak into the 2nd. He is probably at worst a 4th rounder. I'm sure that's at least the advice that he was given otherwise he wouldn't have declared as a junior. JMO.
Old 01-16-2007   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
I tend to agree w/ most of your posts, but I think you're slightly underestimating Pittman.

I think he's a solid 3rd rounder who MAY sneak into the 2nd. He is probably at worst a 4th rounder. I'm sure that's at least the advice that he was given otherwise he wouldn't have declared as a junior. JMO.
I would put him at about the 7th to 10th rated back in the draft....IMO that has fourth rounder at best written all over it....
Old 01-16-2007   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post

He declared because he was about to lose his starting spot.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I like pittman, i wouldn't be mad if he came here, but only 3rd round & below. You know he's been coached well, he's a tough runner & baring AP falling to us we should consider him if he's there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #20
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
I would put him at about the 7th to 10th rated back in the draft....IMO that has fourth rounder at best written all over it....
This is my tentative list as it stands now. So we have him rated pretty close. I guess I just think that there will be more RBs taken in the 2nd & 3rd rounds that you do.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Michael Bush
4. Tony Hunt
5. Kenny Irons
6. Antonio Pittman
7. Lorenzo Booker
8. Darius Walker
9. Gary Russell
10. Kenneth Darby

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read