Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2007   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Peterson Declares for the Draft

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=747779

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peterson Declares for the Draft

Smart move.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

What would the Sugar Hill Gang do?

I said Ho-tel, Mo-tel, Holly-day Inn
If your Quarterback starts acting up
Then you take Adrian Peterson
Old 01-15-2007   #4
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

With Lundi, Taylor, Dayne, and Williams I don't think the Texans need Peterson
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter08 View Post
i think you just made a case for the texans drafting peterson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #6
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Taylor Dayne plays for the Texans? She's a great singer -

Old 01-15-2007   #7
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
really
darn
i guess we do need peterson
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2007   #8
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Peterson has some serious durability issues and would get hurt by week 5 just like college.

Why do you think we should hire Mora when we are trying to create a good playoff team and all he did was destroy Atlanta's hopes.
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by demecoryans#1fan View Post
Peterson has some serious durability issues and would get hurt by week 5 just like college.

Why do you think we should hire Mora when we are trying to create a good playoff team and all he did was destroy Atlanta's hopes.
Largely depends on how you define durability to the specific position. I for one do not believe that one's collar bone is germane to a durability standard for RB's. But that's me, I am silly like that.
Old 01-15-2007   #10
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:

I think he wants the Dolphins to hire Mora. Yeah, don't ask me why a Dolphins fan like Kastofsna spends so much time on the Texans board, but he does (and it's OK)

Old 01-15-2007   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

He's a Dolphins fan, so that's why he wants Mora.

Btw...

*Goddell walks to podium* With the 8th pick, the Houston Texans select, RB from Oklahoma, Adrian Peterson.
Old 01-15-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, but I'm not worried about the Texans drafting AD because he will
never last untill #8. What I am worried about is them drafting Marshawn Lynch who most likely will be there at #8.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
never last untill #8. What I am worried about is them drafting Marshawn Lynch who most likely will be there at #8.
Well think about this...If the Browns pass on him (which is likely, because they got issues outside of RB), then AD no doubt falls to 8th, cuz all of the teams behind the Browns and in front the Texans, don't need a RB.
Old 01-15-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I agree. However, Smith could have ML as RB1. I certainly hope that is not the case or else this team needs to move to another state because they would not really understand the relationship between football and Texas. Just branding yourself Texans obviously does not yield Texan flavored football.

My Texan ego has been hurting of late and had to pump it up.
Old 01-15-2007   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will obviously be interested in someone like Adrian Peterson and since Kubiak himself said that we need offensive playmakers, AD would fit that need nicely. With that said, AD has had injuries and I don't think he's played a full season of college football the last two years. Sort of reminds me of Willis McGahee of the Bills. I would be happy if we pick AD but I wouldn't mind seeing a safety or a cornerback selected.
Old 01-15-2007   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

If AP is there at 8, pick him. He is a great runningback, and the injury thing is a little off base, a collarbone is a freak accident, and almost everyone gets ankle sprains.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Texans will obviously be interested in someone like Adrian Peterson and since Kubiak himself said that we need offensive playmakers, AD would fit that need nicely. With that said, AD has had injuries and I don't think he's played a full season of college football the last two years. Sort of reminds me of Willis McGahee of the Bills. I would be happy if we pick AD but I wouldn't mind seeing a safety or a cornerback selected.
He's not too much like McGahee IMO. He is pretty much a college clone of LJ. Big back w/speed who put up gaudy numbers and will produce in the NFL. That said, I still support other guys before him, like Gaither, Revis, and Nelson.
Old 01-15-2007   #18
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

The guy has NEVER had a serious knee or leg injury, and that is the only kind of injury I care about for a RB.

The guy is a PROTOTYPE NFL workhorse style RB. Even better NFL prospect than Bush was last year.

If he's there at 8 we HAVE to take him. We could keep Dayne and Taylor as backups. Lundy is garbage. And Dominic Davis/Williams (whatever) is done. You cannot NOT draft a RB counting on him to come back. Remember we didn't draft Reggie Bush last year b/c we didn't "need" a RB....
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #19
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
He's not too much like McGahee IMO. He is pretty much a college clone of LJ. Big back w/speed who put up gaudy numbers and will produce in the NFL. That said, I still support other guys before him, like Gaither, Revis, and Nelson.
I know. I was comparing the injuries both of them suffered. McGahee's injuries were way more serious than AD's, but look how good McGahee turned out to be.
Old 01-15-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

If you're taking Peterson, you are likely saying good-bye to one of the other running backs. Dominic and Taylor are the ones most likely to be on the cutting block. Dominic has serious work ethic/injury issues and Taylor is probably graded below Lundy, IMO. Dayne was one of the Texans playmakers in the latter half of the season, and he's played for Kubes, so I don't think he'll be going. Lundy put up pretty good yards for a rookie running back. I don't see him going either.

The big question is what to do with Dominic? Do you try to trade him or do you just flat-out drop the guy?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read