Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2007   #1
drafter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 drafter is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdrafter is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default NFLDraftPro.com Mock Draft

NFLDraftPro.com just updated their mock draft and they have us taking Jamaal Anderson... It sounds like a nice pick... he'd be great next to Mario Williams... what a pass rush!!!

Anderson.
drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLDraftPro.com Mock Draft

I hope so....this is good looking draft.
Old 01-15-2007   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I hope so....this is good looking draft.
I would be more than pleased if we got your picks Texian .

A good pass rush = better CB/S .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #4
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

ehh I feel we are ok between babin, peek, and weaver. And before all of you say babin sucked, he led our team with sacks, and he was on the field 30% of the time. Peek does a good job also, and Weaver is a good veteran at the defensive end. Along with ND Kalu and Mario Williams, I think we are find at the defensive end position.

I would much rather see us pickup alan branch, but if alan branch isn't available, (like in the mock draft) this is who I would like to take.

1. Leon Hall
2. Laron Landry

And in the second round, I know one of these olbs will be available:
Paul Polunski
Patrick WillisA
Lawrence Timmons
Rufus Alexander
Lamar Woodley
Quinton Moses

It is a great draft for outside linebackers, I think the strongest we have seen in years. That is very good for the Texans.

Some other plays I would like to see the Texans take in later rounds:

Tom Zbikowski
Ryan Harris (I think a very underrated offensive tackle)
Anthony Arline
Juwan Simpson
Trevor Laws
Rhema Mcknight
Drew Stanton
Drew Tate
Reggie Nelson
Old 01-15-2007   #5
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

I wouldnt mind seeing another first round d-linemen to replace our T. Johnson bust. I wouldn't mind a back either but I wasn't impressed with Laundry in LSUs win over Notre Dame.
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #6
K.D.
Veteran

I could live with this pick. Mario,anderson on the edges, move weaver inside and Johnson as the other dt. Rotation of maddux,kalu,babin, and cochran. Peek will be gone, i'm not sure about dalton and Thomas Johnson. This d-line will be the best we ever had and will give qb's some fits. Either draft a OLB or Safety in 2nd round, cuz we will get o-line help in FA. This draft is deep with secondary and Anderson IMO is the best DE of this draft class. SEC that says it all.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a pass rusher?

Babin 1rd pick
Travis 1rd pick
Mario 1st rd pick
Weaver 2nd rd
Peek start of 3rd rd

Can we afford another one?

If you want your Pass Rush to get better get another CB and get some FS/SS in here.

I am a huge Mario fan, but we really do need more push up front not on the edges, Allan Branch if you do take one, need to squart the QBs into our DEs.

If they take care of the Line and RB in FA then have all the Defense you want, BUT if Dwayne Jarrett is there, DONT PASS on him! I think this kid is going to be something special.

Last edited by Hulk75; 01-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2007   #8
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

That's by far the best mock i've seen so far, very well done.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #9
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
We need a pass rusher?
If you want your Pass Rush to get better get another CB and get some FS/SS in here.

I am a huge Mario fan, but we really do need more push up front not on the edges, Allan Branch if you do take one, need to squart the QBs into our DEs.

If they take care of the Line and RB in FA then have all the Defense you want, BUT if Dwayne Jarrett is there, DONT PASS on him! I think this kid is going to be something special.
I see your a fan of the S or CB blitz package. I don't know how else a CB or S is going to rush the passer. This is not in keeping with Kubiak's comments, we need to get a pass rush from the front four (see Kubiak pressers). Branch is not going to give a pass rush either. He will clog the middle but he doesn't rush the the QB. Branch is a proto typical 3-4 nose guard. There are 2 FA 4-3 DTs that are good at rushing the passer, Rod Coleman and Vonnie Holiday.
Old 01-15-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
We need a pass rusher?

Babin 1rd pick
Travis 1rd pick
Mario 1st rd pick
Weaver 2nd rd
Peek start of 3rd rd

Can we afford another one?

Babin 1rd pick -productive but a marginal player. No one is afraid of Babin
Travis 1rd pick -classic under achiever who is best served in a rotation
Mario 1st rd pick- winner. Even with the bad wheel...he's a keeper. Got better all season on his hands play.
Weaver 2nd rd- great player for his roll.
Peek start of 3rd rd- pass rusher only.

Yes , can't fix the o-line ,fix the d-line. If we're keeping the Peek-Babin end because of costs, I'd prefer the DT propect next to Mario. But I could live with this pick. Come back with a LB or CB prospect @ the 39...we've got a better than fair chance for the defense to crack the top fifteen. I can wait on the stud RB- OLT in 'the 08 draft.
Old 01-15-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I see your a fan of the S or CB blitz package. I don't know how else a CB or S is going to rush the passer. This is not in keeping with Kubiak's comments, we need to get a pass rush from the front four (see Kubiak pressers). Branch is not going to give a pass rush either. He will clog the middle but he doesn't rush the the QB. Branch is a proto typical 3-4 nose guard. There are 2 FA 4-3 DTs that are good at rushing the passer, Rod Coleman and Vonnie Holiday.
I don't want Branch to rush the passer. I want him to stone cold throw up a brick wall on the first two downs and put the other team in third and long situations. He will do that in spades. It fits what we already got on the roster. You can bet IF he doesn't fall to eight...that's what the other guys are thinking. Browns could use him for sure. We'll see if that scenario plays out, with all day at the eight...who got the better deal three years down the road.
Old 01-15-2007   #12
jjcorvallis
Rookie

I think that is a good pick. Anthony Weaver will be better as a defensive tackle. I know everybody's sick of picking D-lineman but I think D-line is our biggest need.(except O-line and QB)
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #13
K.D.
Veteran

Imagine this front 7,
Anderson.....Weaver.....Coleman(Rod).....Williams
Greenwood....Ryans.....Alexander(Rufus)

Now we should actually be pretty damn good upfront. Coleman or Holliday would be an instant upgrade, but i would prefer coleman. Anderson would be the #8 pick and Rufus we pick up in the 2nd round, but i would much prefer patrick willis but he would be long gone. Secondary will be addressed by FA and maybe a pick here or there, or vice versa with the OLB in FA and secondary in 2nd round.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #14
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
Imagine this front 7,
Anderson.....Weaver.....Coleman(Rod).....Williams
Greenwood....Ryans.....Alexander(Rufus)

Now we should actually be pretty damn good upfront. Coleman or Holliday would be an instant upgrade, but i would prefer coleman. Anderson would be the #8 pick and Rufus we pick up in the 2nd round, but i would much prefer patrick willis but he would be long gone. Secondary will be addressed by FA and maybe a pick here or there, or vice versa with the OLB in FA and secondary in 2nd round.
looks great!!!!...... but then i get a sick feeling in my stomach when i see

faggins-brown-earl-robinson
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #15
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
looks great!!!!...... but then i get a sick feeling in my stomach when i see

faggins-brown-earl-robinson
Exactly. I'd rather see

Anderson, Weaver, T.Johnson, Williams

D.Bishop Ryans Greenwood

Robinson, B.Merriweather, Earl, Clements
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Exactly. I'd rather see

D.Bishop Ryans Greenwood

Id Rather see

Anderson, Weaver, TJohnson, Williams

BSiler, Ryans, Greenwood

Samuels, Earl, K Hamlin, Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Exactly. I'd rather see

D.Bishop Ryans Greenwood

we arnt getting Clements...there is no way we can offer him enough money to join our team over a winning franchise, we dont have the cap room. However, I would like us to add Michael Lewis at SS, then draft Merriweather at FS in the second and revamp half of our secondary. I think with Anderson, a healthy Mario, Weaver and a large stable of DT's and competent safties, we could improve every aspect of our defense.
Old 01-15-2007   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I'd obviously prefer Adrian Peterson to anyone else if he falls, but after looking at a lot of these guys over the last few weeks I must say as much as I'd hate to use another 1st rounder on a DLineman I think Jamaal Anderson is climbing to my #2 wishful player in this draft. While DB is a bigger need I think FS and especially CB are deep enough that we can get a good one in the 2nd round (Brandon Meriweather would be a great pick at #39, Chris Houston, Fred Bennett, maybe a couple other CBs would be a nice pick there too) and probably get a good CB in the 3rd that could compete for a starting spot next year. Anderson would be a nice addition to our line and is one of the few players that matches what I think we need most there: a big, athletic DE that can hold up pretty well against the run and still provide pass rushing pressure off the edge.

Quote:
Exactly. I'd rather see

D.Bishop Ryans Greenwood

This would make me a little giddy about our defense, although I'm not sure Travis Johnson can lock down a starting spot. I wouldn't mind grabbing Brandon Mebane in the 4th round if he's available, he's a pretty solid DT that can provide pretty good pressure up the middle, I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out TJ for a starting spot.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 01-15-2007 at 11:26 PM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #19
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

d.robinson-b.Merriweather-m.Lewis/g.earl-r.hood
D.Bishop-D.Ryans-M.Greenwood
j.anderson-a.weaver-a.maddox/t.johnson-m.williams

i love it
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
I'd obviously prefer Adrian Peterson to anyone else if he falls, but after looking at a lot of these guys over the last few weeks I must say as much as I'd hate to use another 1st rounder on a DLineman I think Jamaal Anderson is climbing to my #2 wishful player in this draft. While DB is a bigger need I think FS and especially CB are deep enough that we can get a good one in the 2nd round (Brandon Meriweather would be a great pick at #39, Chris Houston, Fred Bennett, maybe a couple other CBs would be a nice pick there too) and probably get a good CB in the 3rd that could compete for a starting spot next year. Anderson would be a nice addition to our line and is one of the few players that matches what I think we need most there: a big, athletic DE that can hold up pretty well against the run and still provide pass rushing pressure off the edge.
I like Anderson too, but I just dont know at taking him for our team. I have to watch some more tape on him, but it will be hard for me to justify another 1st round d-linemen. I wouldn't mind someone like Moss or Brazerbaun in the 2nd or 4th respectfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
This would make me a little giddy about our defense, although I'm not sure Travis Johnson can lock down a starting spot. I wouldn't mind grabbing Brandon Mebane in the 4th round if he's available, he's a pretty solid DT that can provide pretty good pressure up the middle, I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out TJ for a starting spot.
This is pretty much what I've been saying for a while, and I've been pimping Mebane on this MB for a while now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read