Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-14-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brady VS Manning

Who is the Best QB in the League? It's between these two. I think it's Brady. He just finds a way to win. They remind me of Montana Vs Marino. One had all the Stats but the Other had the Rings. What do you guys think?
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brady VS Manning

brady.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I rather say its Belichick vs Manning....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Who is the Best QB in the League? It's between these two. I think it's Brady. He just finds a way to win. They remind me of Montana Vs Marino. One had all the Stats but the Other had the Rings. What do you guys think?
I agree, Brady just finds ways to win..
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
I agree, Brady just finds ways to win..
Having a LT that can dominate Shawn Merriman and an offensive line that keeps the top sack team in the league at bay certanly helps. Mcree gave the Pats that win with the fumble.
Old 01-14-2007   #6
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

Doesn't matter.

Both teams nauseate me. Manning nauseates me a tad more, so I'll root for the frickin Pats, then pray that the NFC wins against all odds in three weeks.
Old 01-14-2007   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Having a LT that can dominate Shawn Merriman and an offensive line that keeps the top sack team in the league at bay certanly helps. Mcree gave the Pats that win with the fumble.
I agree at some level with your statement, but overall, the Chargers are more talented and have the Best Running Back in the League. But i never thought that the Patriots were out of it. It just seemed that Brady would pull it out someway, somehow.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2007   #8
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I'd take Brady in a heartbeat and not just 'cos of the SB rings. He has shown that you don't have to have great receivers around you or a total stud at RB like Tomlinson or Alexander (no offence to Corey Dillon). He just has a coaching staff with a great gameplan and a group of guys who are willing to put their bodies on the line 'cos they believe he can deliver them a win and who are willing to do the same for the coaching staff...

He has shown he can do what he did today in both the playoffs and the regular season is why I would take him over Manning. He just always seems super cool and never flustered (Memo: David Carr)!
Old 01-15-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's 1 out of 12 wins.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #10
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say that in terms of pure talent, you have to go with Manning. He sees things that most QBs just don't. But in general, I have to choose Brady. He's done so much with so many different people that it's hard to say Manning's better with just having Harrison.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would'nt say they kept them at bay ... I thought that they hurried Brady all day . In the end it's what you do when the games on the line .
Old 01-15-2007   #12
real

I think Manning is a very talented QB, but give me the QB that has shown he can consistently make plays when they are needed most.
Old 01-15-2007   #13
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Manning is the better quarterback. Brady has the better all-around team. Should be an interesting game. Please don't hate me, but I'm rooting for the Colts. Just because I hate, make that HATE, HATE, HATE the Patriots!
(Did I mention that I hate the Patriots?)
When is the day I root for New England in anything.
Old 01-15-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady already has 24 4th qtr. comebacks in his career. Dude is just nails when it counts the most. Go Pats! (I hate the Colts)
Old 01-15-2007   #15
Snapple
Veteran

The best QB in the NFL is whoever is the Texans' backup on any given year, m i rite?
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #16
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady. No doubt. My favorite NFL player. Man just finds ways to win and put his team in position for the win. He still doesn't get the respect he deserves.
Old 01-15-2007   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If Manning had played on that Pats team for the past 6 years, do you think the Pats would still have won those Super Bowls?

If Brady had been the QB of the Colts with all those defenses, do you think the Colts would have taken the Patriots' place?
Old 01-15-2007   #18
ROCKY
Rookie

As much as I hate to say it, this is Peyton's year. Brady is an AMAZING QB, he has proven to be one of the greatest ever to play the game. But the Patriotts have done this with smoke and mirrors. With a chance to go to the big game, exercise the patriots demon in front of his home crowd, and the chance to take the title from his daddy's team??? it's too perfect.

I have heard Archie tell stories about how embarrassed Peyton used to be, with the saints being losers at the time, he was taunted, and he was resentful of all the bs his dad took at the hands of the saints fans. This is where he comes full circle.

No-one expected this, it's voodoo vs destiny.

Now the saints and colts have to go out and make it happen, because a pats-bears matchup looks like crap.
ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #19
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I'd say that in terms of pure talent, you have to go with Manning. He sees things that most QBs just don't. But in general, I have to choose Brady. He's done so much with so many different people that it's hard to say Manning's better with just having Harrison.
This is pretty close to my take. Manning has everything you look for in a QB, except the ability to win big games. Brady allows new england to neglect their skill positions and place more emphasis on defense because they can rely on Brady making something out of nothing every year. Manning's a HOF'er but he has had some of the best offensive players in the league helping him every year. If Manning can get it done and win a superbowl, then it'd be a very interesting debate.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
that's 1 out of 12 wins.
2nd ranked scoring D...and its 14 wins at this point. Brady is a great QB, but he is surrouned by possibly the best coaching staff, a very underrated defense, very good O-line, and the Pats historicaly get a little help from the refs when it matters. I think that if you swap Peyton and Brady's careers, then Manning would end up with the Superbowls and Brady would be the one holding the records because it takes a complete team to win a superbowl and the Colts have never really had that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read