Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-14-2007   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Michael Turner in playoffs today.

I thought I would watch to see how he played in his normal backup role and I got to say the TD run was kind of impressive because of the technique he uses. I really like how he runs square to the defender and lowers his shoulder pads.

I never really noticed his size and I got to say he is not a big guy but he is a solid guy and I wouldn't mind getting him. If we can pay big bucks for Todd Wade, Robaire Smith and Morlon Greenwood we should be able to shell out the bucks for this guy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Turner in playoffs today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I thought I would watch to see how he played in his normal backup role and I got to say the TD run was kind of impressive because of the technique he uses. I really like how he runs square to the defender and lowers his shoulder pads.

I never really noticed his size and I got to say he is not a big guy but he is a solid guy and I wouldn't mind getting him. If we can pay big bucks for Todd Wade, Robaire Smith and Morlon Greenwood we should be able to shell out the bucks for this guy.
He does run hard and gets underneath people to get the extra yards.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would rather pay big bucks for Asante Samuels, Lance Brigg, Nate Clements(sp)

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I would rather pay big bucks for Asante Samuels, Lance Brigg, Nate Clements(sp)
Brigg did show alot today also and Samuels isn't doing too bad either. My point is that we don't really know what kind of impact turner could have on our team like Wade, Greenwood etc... when we were signing them. If that is the case we can still go for Turner.
Old 01-14-2007   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only would you have to pay a hefty dollar for Michael Turner, you would also have to shell out a 1st and 3rd round pick to the Chargers in order to sign him. Remember, he is only a RFA.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Okay Asante Samuels needs to be on speed dial too!!!! That was pretty clutch what he did and if memory serves correct, getting him would move Dunta to the right side CB spot where he had a terrific rookie season.
Old 01-15-2007   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Okay Asante Samuels needs to be on speed dial too!!!! That was pretty clutch what he did and if memory serves correct, getting him would move Dunta to the right side CB spot where he had a terrific rookie season.
That would be awesome if we can pull him in. I doubt the Patriots will let him go, but at the same time they've never been a team to pay a lot of money to keep their free agents around. However, after winning 2 Super Bowls and maybe a 3rd in just 4 seasons it would take a lot of money to bring him to a rebuilding team, but I'd seriously consider offering around $30 million over 5 years to bring him here. However, after the season he had this year and how he's played in the playoffs that might not be the top bid for him. We might have a better chance at getting Nate Clements since he lives here during the offseason and Eric Moulds is here, assuming that Moulds is happy with us and will give us a good endorsement. I'd probably prefer to get Samuels because I think he's a better pure shutdown CB, but he might end up being the one in higher demand.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read