Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2007   #1
1-3
Veteran

Default How about talking with the Bears about Carr?

I know the media opinion is that David Carr has very little trade value, but I think it's pretty clear that he would be an upgrade for the Chicago Bears. Carr is at least an accurate passer on short to most intermediate routes, which Grossman is pretty erratic with. I also think some teams might not really grasp how much Carr sucks. Decent QB rating, offensive line being blamed etc... Carr and some kind of draft pick for Thomas Jones would almost seem doable with Benson coming on so strong. I don't really know if Jones fits the "Denver system" (if Ron Dayne fits it, i figure any back in the league fits it), or how much the Bears really believe in Grossman. I would think they would be one of the teams Smith floats the idea out there to, if we are looking to part ways with Carr.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How about talking with the Bears about Carr?

Hahaha. Can you imagine David Carr making some of the passes that Grossman made today? He simply can't do it and the rest of the NFL knows it.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
houtxcoog
Rookie

Face it - we are stuck with Carr and excuses for at the very least another year...
houtxcoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the Bears trade for another QB who runs hot or cold at a whim?
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #5
1-3
Veteran

Well, I think my hopes were dashed by the Bears pulling that game out.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Why would the Bears trade for another QB who runs hot or cold at a whim?
Why would we expect that these sort of ridiculously ignorant ideas will ever stop being introduced?
Old 01-14-2007   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

The bears have no interest in david carr they already have enough back ups in orton and greise
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2007   #8
#Ocho
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: How about talking with the Bears about Carr?

When are the 10 babies here that hold a blanket like Linus, somehow have the ability to get internet access, and a mommy that doesn't supervise their online activities.. stop making crappy threads about David Carr being the problem as their sole obsession?

When is it going to end? How about seeing the big picture, understanding football being this concept called a "team sport" and quit spamming this board with "It's all Carr's fault and we deserve a Super Bowl Ring" whining type of garbage?

When are you 10 posters going to mature enough to see that it is more than Carr? When? You won't. This is why you deserve another year of Carr.

I hope he gets a pay raise and you draft a punter in the 1st round.
#Ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ocho View Post
When are the 10 babies here that hold a blanket like Linus, somehow have the ability to get internet access, and a mommy that doesn't supervise their online activities.. stop making crappy threads about David Carr being the problem as their sole obsession?

When is it going to end? How about seeing the big picture, understanding football being this concept called a "team sport" and quit spamming this board with "It's all Carr's fault and we deserve a Super Bowl Ring" whining type of garbage?

When are you 10 posters going to mature enough to see that it is more than Carr? When? You won't. This is why you deserve another year of Carr.

I hope he gets a pay raise and you draft a punter in the 1st round.
Another boo-hoo for Carr.

No team deserves another year of Carr... well... maybe Detroit.... or Oakland.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #10
Toro
Veteran

Welcome to the boards David.

(Just messing)
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Welcome to the boards David.

(Just messing)
He's been here 39 times ... I guess he does'nt like cold weather or the lake effect snow.

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #12
Toro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He's been here 39 times ... I guess he does'nt like cold weather or the lake effect snow.
Nope. Or, doesn't like Chicago pizza.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Nope. Or, doesn't like Chicago pizza.
How can you not like Chicago pizza ? I think its the Cubs .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #14
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3 View Post
I know the media opinion is that David Carr has very little trade value, but I think it's pretty clear that he would be an upgrade for the Chicago Bears. Carr is at least an accurate passer on short to most intermediate routes, which Grossman is pretty erratic with. I also think some teams might not really grasp how much Carr sucks. Decent QB rating, offensive line being blamed etc... Carr and some kind of draft pick for Thomas Jones would almost seem doable with Benson coming on so strong. I don't really know if Jones fits the "Denver system" (if Ron Dayne fits it, i figure any back in the league fits it), or how much the Bears really believe in Grossman. I would think they would be one of the teams Smith floats the idea out there to, if we are looking to part ways with Carr.
How many times does Lovie have to say it?!? "Rex is our quarterback".

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #15
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ocho View Post

When is it going to end?
It ends when Carr gets booted from Houston, which will be sooner than later.

Carr was our biggest problem. No more excuses.

When Sage stepped in during the Titans game and threw for 3 TDs in just over a QTR of play with the SAME horrible O-line that you Carr apologists cry about, that revealed what we all have known for quite some time...it's time for Davey to go.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How about talking with the Bears about Carr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Why would we expect that these sort of ridiculously ignorant ideas will ever stop being introduced?
I've had to refrain from posting in this forum lest I express my opinion of the "trade Carr to" or "get QB x from team x" threads.

Carr's not going any where, no one wants him, and we're not going to give up picks or $ for another mediocre QB (except maybe for QB 2).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I would think Carr could easily find a team that will grab him, if we let him go. I dont see anyone really putting anything of value out there for him though. Either way I think Carr will be here next year in open competition with Sage and whomever else (rookie or vet) is brought in. Unfortunate for most is that Carr will likely win that competition.
Old 01-15-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C. View Post
Unfortunate for most is that Carr will likely win that competition.
I think he will probably win the starting job too....But I don't see him remaining the starter for the duration of the season...
Old 01-15-2007   #19
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I watched Bears yesterday, with exception of a few defensive guys, we have better on our offense then they do. Think we trade elsewhere IF WE DO TRADE
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #20
old football fan
Veteran

I think Carr will be our starting QB next season. How long he stays the starting QB will really be up to him.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read