Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2007   #1
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Manfull: Reeves Wanted Young From the Get-Go

Nothing new or earth-shattering - just a little more salt for the wound:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4469436.html
Old 01-14-2007   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manfull: Reeves Wanted Young From the Get-Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Nothing new or earth-shattering - just a little more salt for the wound:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4469436.html
Thanks Tulip.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...ghlight=Reeves

Reeves said it on McClains show a few weeks back
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Not exactly - McClain said it on his own show a few weeks back. And yes, I remember. Like I said, it's nothing new or earth-shattering, but there are some quotes from Reeves in the article.
Old 01-14-2007   #5
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I was going to say that was old news.
Apparently Mr. McNair wasted his money in hiring Reeves for guidance.
He didn't listen to him!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me guess....I bet he said to pick Demeco too. I also told my parents to invest in Microsoft.....yeah. Saying it after the fact means nothing to me.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda funny.... I was just thinking about the Dan Reeves thing last night when I heard him on the game radio broadcast.

He was hired to go through the whole organization and make recommendations about who should stay and who should go. After hearing this, I can't help but think that he probably advised to get rid of Carr along with Capers and Casserly....but McNair wasn't having it.

I doubt we'll ever really know what was said behind closed doors.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"I don't know if they ever asked my advice, but I looked at (Young) and told them that he was a guy they would have to consider even with David Carr there," Reeves said.
Even though we heard this awhile back from McClain and other sources, there it is right there from the horses mouth. And come on Coach, you know
Bob McNair asked you about Carr and VY and you know you gave him your
opinion.
But he is your fellow S. Carolina U. alum, and your golfing partner, your buddy.
Of course you've got his back on this and don't want to make him appear any
more foolish than he's got to feel right now for not taking your advice.
Good luck in the E-W Shrine game Coach. Enjoy yourself while your in town this week.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy we drafted Mario instead.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #10
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'm happy we drafted Mario instead.
Now that was funny, I don't care who you are. It would really suck to have Vince and all the prime time games for the next ten years at home wouldn't it? Yep Mario was the clear choice
Old 01-14-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm serious. I like Mario. With a bum foot, he was a pretty dominant run stuffer.
Old 01-14-2007   #12
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
I'm serious. I like Mario. With a bum foot, he was a pretty dominant run stuffer.
Pal, you are a no-brainer. Young was the correct choice. Some knew it then; everyone knows it now.

That McNair hired Reeves and then did not take his advice is just plain stupidity. It's pathetic. McNair may be "nicer" than Bud, but he's dumber.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #13
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i like mario, but i'd rather have Vince

but am i the only one thats fed up with bob McNair?

the guy keeps players because he like there personality, this is football old man, we need talent

F*%$ this pisses me off now
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #14
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'll pray for you......

Quote:
Saying it after the fact means nothing to me.
he said it "before" the fact
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

If you VY lovers weren't so enamorated, you would see Mario isn't the horrible bust your kind seems to make him out to be.
Old 01-14-2007   #16
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you VY lovers weren't so enamorated, you would see Mario isn't the horrible bust your kind seems to make him out to be.
I love mario, hes a good player, even with the injury he was still all over the place, but im just sayin this franchise would be better off with vince young, but bob doesnt seem to care about the franchise he wants to have a team full of friends on this team
Old 01-14-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Bob's a figurehead.
Old 01-14-2007   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
I love mario, hes a good player, even with the injury he was still all over the place, but im just sayin this franchise would be better off with vince young, but bob doesnt seem to care about the franchise he wants to have a team full of friends on this team
In the long run, I think we're better off with Mario.
Old 01-14-2007   #19
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
In the long run, I think we're better off with Mario.
i think you might be pushin it on that one, but i think with not takin Vince we are 2 years behind on were we should be, cause were not gonna get a long run startin QB this season, but maybe next, and theres no way to get into the playoffs with david carr, maybe plummer but not carr
Old 01-14-2007   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

The Steelers showed the world last year that you don't need a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read