Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 24
Posts: 782
Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

It seems like every day there are new threads about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. Not even Cowboys legends are exempt from this any more. It's more prevalent than Paris Hilton tabloid stories.

The threads are everywhere, and they're beyond annoying. Why are they annoying? Because Cowboys are not soft. Cowboys were rough, tough, hardened men who busted their butts. Save that lace panties stuff for the teams that need it. They wipe their tears away with scented Kleenex. We wipe away our sweat with cactus and pick our teeth with the thorns.

I have some advice for those who get upset by this hatred and bias. It's real simple, embrace the hatred. Soak it up. Revel in it. Let it put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off no matter how hard they rub. Hell, dance if you've got rhythm, or even if you don't but could give a crap who's watching.

Do anything but whine about some new hatred or bias. It isn't new. Not by a long shot.

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it? Because no one hates a doormat. Be serious for a minute, how many of you have ever heard of someone who hates the Detroit Lions? They're a doormat. Well, folks no one wipes their feet on the Dallas Cowboys. We kick back. With spurs on our boots.

It's real simple math. No one hates the doormats because they don't matter. They don't sell. There's no sex appeal.

Folks, the Dallas Cowboys are sexy, and sex sells. Everything about the Cowboys sells. We're right smack dab in the middle of the country and the football world revolves around us. Don't believe it? Look at the TV ratings and do the math. We sell. The Dallas Cowboys being good is good for the NFL. Bet on it.

Why do other nations hate America? Because we're the biggest, baddest cats on the planet. There's more money here. There's more excitement. There's more opportunity. None of that is bad, so why do they hate us? Because looking up hurts their necks, and they're cranky as hell.

If America is the cream of the crop, then America's Team is too. That's what that nickname was meant to portray. The best. People hate the best. Let 'em.

Haven't you ever noticed how that nickname infuriates some people? It's just a freaking nickname for crying out loud. No one decries the "Purple People Eaters." How can cannibalism not be offensive? Because there's no prestige in it. No one is trying to get that nickname. America's team? Everyone wants it. Too damn bad, that's ours. Keep your grubby hands off or you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Opposing team's fans will tell you that the nickname is offensive, but look how many of them want it for themselves. This year we were encouraged to loan the nickname to New Orleans because of their rebuilding from Katrina. The team in our Nation's capital wants the nickname. The Steelers have laid claim to it. So have the Packers. So have the Jets and Giants after 9/11. So have the Patriots. It's a redundant theme. Not even baseball teams like the Braves or Yankees have been able to pry that moniker away from the Cowboys. Nor the Lakers or Celtics in basketball.

You want to know why none of them ever get to use that nickname? They can't earn it. Love us or hate us, the Cowboys earned the nickname America's Team. How can I say this? Simple, have we ever lost it? Even when we were doormats the name was used. The media still loves to use it. Even while they stir the haterade.

Let 'em stir it. It means we matter. Some of you want a media who fawns over us and praises every move. I don't understand that. The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

The only time any of us should mention the hatred is when our players are passed over for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is offensive. The rest of it is butter and gravy. Pour it on and make it thick. Leave the whine and cheese to the lace panties crowd.

Embrace the hatred I tell you. You can't believe how good you will feel. You'll stand taller because your back will be straighter without all that guilt on your shoulders. Who wants that guilt and crap that political correctness wants you to swallow? The hell with that, throw it up. Stick your finger down your throat if you have to. That diet is for wussies.

Not only will your back be straighter but you will enjoy the melodic sound of the clanging of brass below your belt.

Quit screwing around with the mock shock and just embrace the hatred. Save the drama for mama and man up. When you're walking down the street in your Cowboys gear and someone says "Dallas sucks" to you, grin at 'em with your best smirk and say back to them, "Hate all you want. I eat it for breakfast."
__________________
Don't hate the name
Respect the Game

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #2
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,706
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Oh good grief, now the clodplop fans are slurping themselves.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Romo choked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

I just want to make a confession too...

I haven't cried in a football game in over 20 years. I think the last time I did, I was on the bottom of a ten ox pile up, struck with the stark and sudden realization that I was slightly bovinaphobic.

When Romo slipped the snap and little Grammatica stuttered stepped, I swear to God, a little tear rolled down my cheek.
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!
 
GuerillaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montrose
Age: 22
Posts: 9,036
Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Get a life. All that from two threads. You Cowboy fans need to stop thinking you are the best. Too cocky.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #6
NederlandTexan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 172
Rep Power: 11 NederlandTexan is a team player
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Let me add this to the pile of reasons to dislike cowboy fans. Y'all lost, get over it. Also, Irving has America's Team because you either love them or you hate them. And there are lots of people who love to watch them lose. Troll away.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #7
OzzO
.. and then?
 
OzzO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: northside
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

huh? Anyone else not following the reason of this thread?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2007   #8
gwallaia
Moderator
 
gwallaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 7,370
Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

This is a Texan board. We can insult the Cowboys all we want.
__________________


We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame
 
shinerbock_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,256
Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

You lost, get over it!!!! End of story.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,061
Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

FYI Cowboys didn't come up with America's team, NFL films did.


Reason Cowboys are popular are you either love them or hate them.. People watch the Cowboys to see them get beat or see them win (depending on which side of the fence you are on)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch
 
cuppacoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 74
Posts: 4,461
Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post

blah blah blah...

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it?

Let me see.... .... because you have no choice?

The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

Happy to oblige, keep hanging around on the Houston Texan message board

"
You should do your on a cowgirl message board.

__________________
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor
 
StarStruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Missouri City, Texas
Section: 115 Q6
Posts: 4,575
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

I think the post ended up here because the forum is "The Naitonal Football League."

I've read through the why we love the Cowboys and the reason why many hate the Cowboys. I'm resigned to it being one of those facts of life and all the questioning, explaining, etc. isn't going to change it either way. It isn't going to change how I feel about or support the Texans or any other team.

I don't really hate any team although their are some I don't care for due to the rivalries, but at the same time if a relative, student, or someone I know personally end up on one of those teams I know that I will have an attitude adjustment.

Given that I will be a lifelong Cowboys fan, I've found a way not to really care what anyone thinks, otherwise too many will be controlling my emotions.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #13
Stampede
Veteran
 
Stampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 244
Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
It seems like every day there are new threads about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. Not even Cowboys legends are exempt from this any more. It's more prevalent than Paris Hilton tabloid stories.

The threads are everywhere, and they're beyond annoying. Why are they annoying? Because Cowboys are not soft. Cowboys were rough, tough, hardened men who busted their butts. Save that lace panties stuff for the teams that need it. They wipe their tears away with scented Kleenex.
Quote:
We wipe away our sweat with cactus and pick our teeth with the thorns.
I have some advice for those who get upset by this hatred and bias. It's real simple, embrace the hatred. Soak it up. Revel in it. Let it put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off no matter how hard they rub. Hell, dance if you've got rhythm, or even if you don't but could give a crap who's watching.

Do anything but whine about some new hatred or bias. It isn't new. Not by a long shot.

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it? Because no one hates a doormat. Be serious for a minute, how many of you have ever heard of someone who hates the Detroit Lions? They're a doormat. Well, folks no one wipes their feet on the Dallas Cowboys. We kick back. With spurs on our boots.

It's real simple math. No one hates the doormats because they don't matter. They don't sell. There's no sex appeal.

Folks, the Dallas Cowboys are sexy, and sex sells. Everything about the Cowboys sells. We're right smack dab in the middle of the country and the football world revolves around us. Don't believe it? Look at the TV ratings and do the math. We sell. The Dallas Cowboys being good is good for the NFL. Bet on it.

Why do other nations hate America? Because we're the biggest, baddest cats on the planet. There's more money here. There's more excitement. There's more opportunity. None of that is bad, so why do they hate us? Because looking up hurts their necks, and they're cranky as hell.

If America is the cream of the crop, then America's Team is too. That's what that nickname was meant to portray. The best. People hate the best. Let 'em.

Haven't you ever noticed how that nickname infuriates some people? It's just a freaking nickname for crying out loud. No one decries the "Purple People Eaters." How can cannibalism not be offensive? Because there's no prestige in it. No one is trying to get that nickname. America's team? Everyone wants it. Too damn bad, that's ours. Keep your grubby hands off or you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Opposing team's fans will tell you that the nickname is offensive, but look how many of them want it for themselves. This year we were encouraged to loan the nickname to New Orleans because of their rebuilding from Katrina. The team in our Nation's capital wants the nickname. The Steelers have laid claim to it. So have the Packers. So have the Jets and Giants after 9/11. So have the Patriots. It's a redundant theme. Not even baseball teams like the Braves or Yankees have been able to pry that moniker away from the Cowboys. Nor the Lakers or Celtics in basketball.

You want to know why none of them ever get to use that nickname? They can't earn it. Love us or hate us, the Cowboys earned the nickname America's Team. How can I say this? Simple, have we ever lost it? Even when we were doormats the name was used. The media still loves to use it. Even while they stir the haterade.

Let 'em stir it. It means we matter. Some of you want a media who fawns over us and praises every move. I don't understand that. The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

The only time any of us should mention the hatred is when our players are passed over for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is offensive. The rest of it is butter and gravy. Pour it on and make it thick. Leave the whine and cheese to the lace panties crowd.

Embrace the hatred I tell you. You can't believe how good you will feel. You'll stand taller because your back will be straighter without all that guilt on your shoulders. Who wants that guilt and crap that political correctness wants you to swallow? The hell with that, throw it up. Stick your finger down your throat if you have to. That diet is for wussies.

Not only will your back be straighter but you will enjoy the melodic sound of the clanging of brass below your belt.

Quit screwing around with the mock shock and just embrace the hatred. Save the drama for mama and man up. When you're walking down the street in your Cowboys gear and someone says "Dallas sucks" to you, grin at 'em with your best smirk and say back to them, "Hate all you want. I eat it for breakfast."

No offense, but are you sure thats sweat that your wiping?..Sounds more like a bad case of diarrhea.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #14
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot
 
YellerLotYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: EZ-Tag Lane
Age: 36
Posts: 3,214
Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Ahhh...nothing beats the sound of a cowgirl fan crying.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #15
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 24
Posts: 782
Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

I guess none of you guys even understood the point of the post.. keep the hate coming! I'm embracing it.
__________________
Don't hate the name
Respect the Game

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Titan "Tack" Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ca$hville
Posts: 1,514
Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. No one wants to hear you whine.

Romo choked. He's lucky to be even sniffing the Pro Bowl. He's just a spark that will never turn into fire.
__________________
ADVENTURE, EXCITEMENT, A JEDI CRAVES NOT THESE THINGS
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,260
Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Romo did fine for a guy coming off the bench. Up to that point of the season it was obvious the Cowboys were going nowhere and he was the catalyst that got them into the playoffs.

As an aside and not that any of these guys know a THING about football but to a man each of the FOX sports guys (Bradshaw, Long and Johnson) all said Romo would be fine.

But of course we here on the message board know far better than any of them don't we?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #18
ROCKY
Rookie
 
ROCKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The H
Age: 35
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 8 ROCKY is a fan favorite
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
I guess none of you guys even understood the point of the post.. keep the hate coming! I'm embracing it.
Well then you must be the happiest guy in town!

The Cowboys are SOFT IN THE HEAD, they are talented, but they choke in every big game they play, and they dont get up for the games they should win.

I at least respected the Aikman teams, because they were built the right way. They were all obviously hard workers who were devoted to winning, and devoted to the team. Ever since those guys started to retire from the game, Uncle Jerry has just thrown money at the problem, trotting in every used up, big name has been under the sun. So as a result the team has stayed in a state of suspended crappiness for years.

The Dallas Cowboys dont suck...They are just a bloated, rotting corpse. They are classless and have absolutely no respect for the history of the organization. Uncle Jerry showed that the only part of the Cowboy tradition he cares about is the winning part...and he has succeeded, but at the cost of what made them America's team in the first place...good riddance.
ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,260
Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY View Post
Well then you must be the happiest guy in town!

The Cowboys are SOFT IN THE HEAD, they are talented, but they choke in every big game they play, and they dont get up for the games they should win.

I at least respected the Aikman teams, because they were built the right way. They were all obviously hard workers who were devoted to winning, and devoted to the team. Ever since those guys started to retire from the game, Uncle Jerry has just thrown money at the problem, trotting in every used up, big name has been under the sun. So as a result the team has stayed in a state of suspended crappiness for years.

The Dallas Cowboys dont suck...They are just a bloated, rotting corpse. They are classless and have absolutely no respect for the history of the organization. Uncle Jerry showed that the only part of the Cowboy tradition he cares about is the winning part...and he has succeeded, but at the cost of what made them America's team in the first place...good riddance.


Strange you would use the analogy of the "Aikman" teams because those were the teams that had most of the players on them that got the Cowboys so much bad publicity. Their best teams no doubt but hardly devoted just to winning and the Cowboy tradition.

It's well know that Coach Landry turned a blind eye to the malcontents on the teams he coached; for the most part the Cowboys were driven to the mass success in marketing they shared in those years because of Tex who was a genius at what he did. Landry made them what they were as a team but Tex made them what they became as a product.

And it is Jerry's main job to sell the team as a product. They are his business. And on that level he's done a great job.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #20
ROCKY
Rookie
 
ROCKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The H
Age: 35
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 8 ROCKY is a fan favorite
Default Re: Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Strange you would use the analogy of the "Aikman" teams because those were the teams that had most of the players on them that got the Cowboys so much bad publicity. Their best teams no doubt but hardly devoted just to winning and the Cowboy tradition.

It's well know that Coach Landry turned a blind eye to the malcontents on the teams he coached; for the most part the Cowboys were driven to the mass success in marketing they shared in those years because of Tex who was a genius at what he did. Landry made them what they were as a team but Tex made them what they became as a product.

And it is Jerry's main job to sell the team as a product. They are his business. And on that level he's done a great job.
I am not saying that the Aikman teams were a gang of choirboys, cause they werent. But on the field, Aikman, Emmit and Irvin were gonna do whatever it took, they had heart and courage in spades. As I said, I have always hated the boys, but I at least respected them as a football team.

There was no need to "sell the team" the team played with such determination you had no choice but to look up to them at least a bit.

That is why this team looks more like a gang of substitute teachers, they play with no heart or courage. Dont get me wrong, there are several players on the team that are really talented, They just seem...hollow somehow.
ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger