Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Trading with 49ers to move down

I would like to see us trade down with the San Francisco 49ers three spots and pick up an extra third round pick...I think they would pick LaRon Landry to compliment Tony Parrish and help a struggling pass defense...

We sign Nate Clements in FA

That leaves us with the 11th pick in the draft and an extra selection in the third round...I would take Reggie Nelson with the 11th unless he was taken by Atlanta, if that was to happen, i would take Marshawn Lynch...lets just say that we got Reggie Nelson witht the 11th pick, then we should go after Rufus Alexander to complement DeMeco and Morlon...with two picks in the third, I would use the first one Kevin Kolb. (i know yall say he's better in the vertical passing game, but i'm a u of h fan and would like to see him play for the Texans; thats if he is even available in the third) Then with the our second pick in the third round, I would either take Karrem Brown or Kenny Irons...thats what i think should happen on the first day...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #2
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis
Default Re: Trading with 49ers to move down

Why wouldn't the 49ers just wait to take Nelson? I don't think there's much of a gap between Landry and Nelson.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #3
baba ganoush
Veteran

IMO, i think its just the size he brings to the able, hes a solid player that, well basically makes plays...i think they are looking for another tony parrish type, and thats what landry is...nelson is a bit smaller...i dont know why, i just wanted nelson i guess and i also wanted another third rounder, so i thought this would be the most logical thing to do...
Old 01-12-2007   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Tony Parish isn't even with SF anymore . . .
Old 01-12-2007   #5
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Tony Parish isn't even with SF anymore . . .
oh, i thought he was...where is he?
Old 01-12-2007   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
oh, i thought he was...where is he?
Dallas, he was released mid season and picked up by them off of waivers. You really need to start double checking the info you post just to make sure.
Old 01-12-2007   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

dallas i believe
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2007   #8
ericdoesntcare
Rookie

Being a lifelong 49ers' fan... and a Texans' fan from day 1... I can honestly say that I hope both teams stay right where they are and take the best player available. I think there is plenty of value at either pick...

If the 49ers are going to trade any of their picks, I think it will be to move back into the bottom of the first round or higher in the 2nd round to get a guy they want. They aren't too far away from the playoffs... their focus will be the few guys they really want... I don't think they get that moving up a few spots at the top of the draft.
ericdoesntcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Niner fans are filling up the LaRon Landry bandwagon.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the niners will find either nelson or landry available at #11. wouldn't be that smart of a trade.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

...you must be one of those guys that thinks out loud.

seriously.
Old 01-14-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there is a decent chance we take FS with our first pick. If that is the case there is an even better chance that Atlanta takes a FS with their first pick, thus leaving the niners SOL. If they really wanted to get one of those FS prospects there are a number of teams they could trade with. Like us, miami, or even the vikings if they really prefered one FS over the other.

I'm thinking this will be one of the most interesting FA and drafts in texans history..at least i'd think so.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would there be any chance Buffalo would want to trade with us for at least their 1st and 3rd? maybe to pick up a DT like Branch if he fell or a WR..I don't know much about the bills. we could then draft..

1. Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
2. Brandon Merriweather FS Miami
3a. Brandon Mebane DT California
3b. Aarron Ross CB Texas

That would be a stout new young defense!
Old 01-14-2007   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Would there be any chance Buffalo would want to trade with us for at least their 1st and 3rd? maybe to pick up a DT like Branch
Doubtful for Branch since they picked up McCargo last year.
Old 01-14-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Doubtful for Branch since they picked up McCargo last year.
like we picked up Mario and Johnson and Babin?.....lol only kidding. of the teams behind us like miami, atlanta, buffalo, ...i forget who else...within a few spots though ..what players would they really be targeting to move up? I'm not sure of the players that may fall to us but landry, nelson, branch, and maaybe branch or adams.
Old 01-14-2007   #16
gooneybird
Rookie

What would anyone think of the Texans trading our #1 to the Patriots for their 2 #1's at 24 and 29 +. According to the Trading value charts, the trade would be fairly close. IMO two good players would be better than 1 at #8, assuming the Pats would agree to trade.
gooneybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

We're @ 1400 on the dvc. They 're at 1340 with the twenty-four and 31. So for the wolf and the pats, they would be getting the value with the pick. If you're saying they are going to sweeten the pot by throwing in a 2008 second...yeah I would do that. But what player do you see at the eight spot they would be willing to do that for ? He has a fairly hard line on the cap. And he needs these picks to keep filling the coffers with warm bodies. He gets two relatively cheap top end players. Obvuisly, after yesterday, The wolf has a system of doing things and it works. You got the John Elway guy, you can go cheap on every thing else. You can make Leechy Caldwell look like an all pro, your system works. Under your scenario, the stright up trade is a wash for us. JMHO.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341444
Old 01-15-2007   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooneybird View Post
What would anyone think of the Texans trading our #1 to the Patriots for their 2 #1's at 24 and 29 +. According to the Trading value charts, the trade would be fairly close. IMO two good players would be better than 1 at #8, assuming the Pats would agree to trade.
I don't know that I like trading down that far in the draft, even for two 1st rounders. It depends on how many guys grade out as 1st round prospects and such. For instance, if there are only 20 guys with a 1st round grade, then it wouldn't be worth trading out of #8 to get two picks where you're likely not going to get someone of "1st round caliber", not to mention I don't really know what the Patriots would be looking to trade up for at the #8 pick.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read