Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-11-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kornheiser will return to MNF in 2007

Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:25:40 -0800

Neil Best, of Newsday, reports ESPN will bring analyst Tony Kornheiser back to "Monday Night Football" in 2007. ESPN executive vice president Norby Williamson said, "Tony's one-of-a-kind perspective was an integral part of our record-setting, inaugural 'Monday Night Football' season. We are absolutely looking forward to his return."

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Kornheiser will return to MNF in 2007

oh puke.

guess that's my in depth analysis like I get from Tony, Tony, Tony.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Theisman returns? Onoz.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I focus more on the games themselves, no big deal one way or another, besides Sunday Night games are better now (flexible schedule) anyway

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

My only question is why ? The guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to
the subject of football. Especially NFL football. But in all honesty,
maybe ESPN management really doesn't care about his ignorance of the subject at hand ? Since they are from the same 'hood so to speak, he probably hangs out with them, and if he can read a teleprompter, well he's their guy for the job apparently.
And I watch PTI and find him funny at times, but would rather have Gary Schandling or Larry David across from Welbon. Either one of those guys
have a much better schtick than Kornheiser.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind Kornheiser. I wish they would let go of Joe Theisman though. I can't stand the guy. I wish Theisman and Bob Costas would go into the same room together. They'd probably both explode. They can put Chris Collinsworth in there too. It would make the world a better place.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

if i had to pick someone from PTI it would be wilbon. i wish they could make the switch.
Old 01-11-2007   #8
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
My only question is why ? The guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to
the subject of football. Especially NFL football. But in all honesty,
maybe ESPN management really doesn't care about his ignorance of the subject at hand ? Since they are from the same 'hood so to speak, he probably hangs out with them, and if he can read a teleprompter, well he's their guy for the job apparently.
And I watch PTI and find him funny at times, but would rather have Gary Schandling or Larry David across from Welbon. Either one of those guys
have a much better schtick than Kornheiser.
It seems to me that his only directive is to needle Theismann as much as possible.

Example:..Speaking about a player in one of the games.

Theismann " He catches the ball with his hands"
Kornheiser " As opposed to catching it with his feet?"..

Those kind of digs are his forte in the booth. Nothing malicious...I enjoy it.

He does come across to me as having done his homework though.

Old 01-11-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I guess we're gonna have to kill him then . J/K

He certainly isn't Howard that's for sure. I understand the ebonics of Irving and Prime time. I do not understand "the ignorant everyman white elephant" in the booth thingy. I guess I'm just out of the main demographics now.
Old 01-12-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
if i had to pick someone from PTI it would be wilbon. i wish they could make the switch.
Agreed that guy is at least interesting.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read