Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2007   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default NFL scout talks about JaMarcus Russel

Link: http://www.lsubeat.com/apps/pbcs.dll...0202/701030320
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL scout talks about JaMarcus Russel

chris landry's comments have scared me for a while now.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

for a minute thought this was another kastofsna self-proclaimed "NFL Draft Expert" analysis

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 01-11-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: name correction
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #4
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah it's a concern but the guy is young and he does have all the tools.
Old 01-11-2007   #5
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:

does anyone have any reference material to compare some of his other thoughts on players and how they turned out??? without a comparison I cant really say his opinion holds any water...working for 11 NFL teams though really puts a question mark on where he goes in the draft...especially if he works for any of the 7 in front of us.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #6
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic View Post
does anyone have any reference material to compare some of his other thoughts on players and how they turned out??? without a comparison I cant really say his opinion holds any water...working for 11 NFL teams though really puts a question mark on where he goes in the draft...especially if he works for any of the 7 in front of us.
yes but it is also possible that he might be working for us as well.
Old 01-11-2007   #7
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
sorry for got to quote,

yes but it is also possible that he might be working for us as well.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
landry used to work for LSU, he knows all about russell. i'll listen to him over anyone else about LSU players. and he generally fluffs his opinion up a bit, so this is definitely something i'd worry about. plus....he's just not that good of a quarterback.
Old 01-11-2007   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you guys form your own opinions or do you need others to give it to you? I know Kast said VY was a bust last year....predicted the huge slide based on the pre-draft mumbo jumbo. Pretty astute commentary. Keep up the good work. Russell has two L's in it btw

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Wake me up when the water walker gets beyond 55% completion rate. There are old QBs in the NFL and Bold QBs in the NFL. But there are no old bold QBs in the NFL.
Old 01-11-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Wake me up when the water walker gets beyond 55% completion rate. There are old QBs in the NFL and Bold QBs in the NFL. But there are no old bold QBs in the NFL.
wth is that? Some Nostradamus quatrain? John Elway's first year he threw under 50% (259 attempts and 123 completions and 14 INT's to go with only 7TD passes). Stat-drivel gets so old....watch a few games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
wth is that? Some Nostradamus quatrain? John Elway's first year he threw under 50% (259 attempts and 123 completions and 14 INT's to go with only 7TD passes). Stat-drivel gets so old....watch a few games.
John Elway's gonna be dead, and you're gonna say, "Oh, I've been listening to him for years, and I think he's fabulous."
Old 01-11-2007   #13
Scribe
Rookie

First, Landry has been saying critical stuff of JR for a while. And JR somehow finds a way to throw for over 3,100 yards this year with 28 TDs, completes 68 percent of his passes, leads the team to double digit wins for the second straight year and manages to engineer a number of game winning drives against solid competition the last two years.

Is the guy perfect? No. But his development the last two years has been significant, and his physical ability at the position is just about unmatched. Anyone saying this guy ain't a good QB hasn't watched him much. I've watched nearly every LSU game of his since 2004, so I've followed his development and know how far he's come and how good he is. When he first began, he was easily rattled, stared down his receiver and forced bad passes. Now, for the most part, he's as cool in the pocket as can be, spreads the ball around (three receivers each caught more than 50 passes this year), runs when he needs to and throws it away when nothing else is there. He's learned to take what is open and strike big downfield when the opportunity arises. He still needs to develop more, but he's a special talent worthy of a top pick.
Old 01-12-2007   #14
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
landry used to work for LSU, he knows all about russell. i'll listen to him over anyone else about LSU players. and he generally fluffs his opinion up a bit, so this is definitely something i'd worry about. plus....he's just not that good of a quarterback.
Actually concerned raised by Landry is valid and it has been there the last few years. I had heard this rumor last year as well. But he does have all the tools to succeed in NFL. I think he will be a great QB in the NFL for a long time.

Last edited by dbspi; 01-12-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-12-2007   #15
Heywood
Veteran

anyone asked chris landry about brady quinn's "decisions" in the sugar bowl?
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Do you guys form your own opinions or do you need others to give it to you? I know Kast said VY was a bust last year....predicted the huge slide based on the pre-draft mumbo jumbo. Pretty astute commentary. Keep up the good work. Russell has two L's in it btw
i'm not a fan of his play on the field, AND when i hear those comments by chris landry, i really see that he's just not that great of a prospect. sometimes it takes more than just watching the game and saying "duhhhhh he throws the ball far" to determine if a player will be good or not. or the always stupid "duhhhh he just wins!"
Old 01-12-2007   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sometimes it takes more than just watching the game and saying "duhhhhh he throws the ball far" to determine if a player will be good or not. or the always stupid "duhhhh he just wins!"
There is a huge difference in those two corollaries. If you have played or coached in any competitive sport you should know that.
Old 01-12-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

clearly.
Old 01-12-2007   #19
Heywood
Veteran

landry's take just reeks of racism.

the "heady white guy" panics in every big game, chokes and throws the ball into the hands of the "natural athletes" in the defensive backfield.

the "raw" black QB throws for more than twice the yardage, throws for touchdowns and leads his team to victory over the "heady white guy" and yet he is considered "unpolished"

i wish jamarcus russell would tell chris landry what he could "polish"
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
landry's take just reeks of racism.

the "heady white guy" panics in every big game, chokes and throws the ball into the hands of the "natural athletes" in the defensive backfield.

the "raw" black QB throws for more than twice the yardage, throws for touchdowns and leads his team to victory over the "heady white guy" and yet he is considered "unpolished"

i wish jamarcus russell would tell chris landry what he could "polish"
I really don't like to pull the race card so fast, because I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt...

I don't know if this guy is a racist or not, but I just think there is a subconcious bias against black QB's in general...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read