Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Michael Bush Returns to Louisville

coachdent

Waterboy
:( Unfortunately. A part of me was hoping that the Texans might be able to grab him in the second round with jis injury.

Now with Petrino & Brohm leaving, I don't know if that changes. Have always said that the more juniors out this year, the better the #8 pick becomes, so that's a good thing.

Hopefully we are not in a position to land this Bush next year. He is going to be a mammoth stud in the NFL. Quite a talent.

BUSH IS GOING PRO... WE HAVE CORRECTED THE MISTAKE! READ AN OLD WEBPAGE!

In fact, I'm going to have to ask for a link because I just don't believe this. It's not you coach, just that he has already said he is entering I believe.

I read a whole article on him coming out with quotes from him on it this afternoon on Yahoo... I'll look for the article and link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AjnxB8CRynHEdbIrG7jqGLgcvrYF?slug=ap-t25-louisville-bush&prov=ap&type=lgns

Louisville running back Bush to enter NFL draft

By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer
January 9, 2007

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Louisville running back Michael Bush will enter the NFL draft in April rather than return to the Cardinals next season.

Bush, who announced his decision on Tuesday, broke his right leg in Louisville's season-opener against Kentucky on Sept. 3 and hasn't played since. A senior, Bush applied for a medical redshirt in case he decided to come back, but opted for the NFL instead.

"I loved my time here at U of L, but I think it's time for me to move on," Bush told reporters.

Bush said coach Bobby Petrino's decision to leave the team was a factor in his decision. Petrino resigned Sunday to become head coach of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.

"When coach Petrino signed that deal, I didn't really want to play with nobody else," he said.

Bush was touted as a Heisman Trophy candidate this season after running for 1,143 yards and an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns as a junior in 2005. He ran for 128 yards and three touchdowns in little over a half against Kentucky on Sept. 3, but broke his right leg after being tackled by Kentucky linebacker Wesley Woodyard early in the third quarter.

Bush told reporters last month that his rehabilitation was going well, though he continues to walk with a slight limp and has yet to begin running.

"I had concerns if I came back, maybe if I had got hurt again next year, could I live out my dream of playing at the next level," he said Tuesday.

The Cardinals went 12-1 this season, winning the Big East title and the Orange Bowl. Louisville junior quarterback Brian Brohm has yet to announce whether he will return to the Cardinals next season.

Bush's announcement came barely an hour before the Cardinals reached an agreement with Tulsa coach Steve Kragthorpe. Kragthorpe will replace Bobby Petrino, who resigned on Sunday night to coach the Atlanta Falcons. Bush said Petrino's departure played a role in his decision to leave.

"When Coach Petrino signed that deal, I didn't really want to play with nobody else," he said.

Bush said he's heard from NFL personnel that he could go sometime between the first and third rounds. He is planning to spend the next few months rehabbing the leg in Arizona in hopes of being able to run for NFL scouts prior to April's draft.

"If I can't run in March, maybe I fall to the third," Bush said. "That is a chance I am willing to take."

Updated on Tuesday, Jan 9, 2007 1:39 pm EST

Completely agree with your assessment of Bush... He doesn't have blazing speed, but when you watch him the potential just oozes...

I sure hope the Yahoo! article is right and he's coming out. The projection is mid 1st-3rd, so we might be able to get him in the 2nd... Would be a steal.

My apologies... I was reading a University of Louisville website that was 2006! That said he was returning for his senior season. My fault.

When Petrino left is was certainly a moot point that he was going to leave. My God I hope he is there for our firs tpick in the second round. That would be phenominal!

Back