Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broncos unite to help apprehend their teammates killer(s)

Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said members of the team are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of Darrent Williams.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rts&id=4924641
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #2
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Lightbulb Re: Broncos unite to help apprehend their teammates killer(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said members of the team are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of Darrent Williams.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rts&id=4924641
I bet ten to one odds its probably some thug in their fifth ward. All they have to do is listen to people in the streets. Someone will eventually come out and brag what they did. 100,000 dollars is a tempting to go find this person, but of course you would need a small army to go find him.
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos unite to help apprehend their teammates killer(s)

From what I have seen and read, the cops have picked someone up but he wont talk unless they can protect him from whoever he rats on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yup thats what happens, people in the hood are to scared to rat, so they need witness protection

but if it was me i wouldnt rat, no matter what, but thats just the way i was raised
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Money and protection should get the needed information. It is unfortunate that someone would choose to allow a criminal to go free to continue a reign of terror rather than exhibit the courage to put some of these behaviors in check.

I'm sure if I was faced with that situation that I would be afraid. However, if I had to choose between someone who doesn't place any value on a human life and can kill someone as easily as swatting a fly or a mother living with the pain of burying her child, I'd have to find a way to help the mother.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
yup thats what happens, people in the hood are to scared to rat, so they need witness protection

but if it was me i wouldnt rat, no matter what, but thats just the way i was raised
Ratting out your buddy about who threw an egg at someones window is one thing, but when a guy dies I hope the innocent dead is considered more valuable to society than the criminal living. It would have to be a close family member for me to keep my mouth shut, regardless of the amount of money. I wouldn't sell someone out to make a buck but in my mind thugs like this only belong one place.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #7
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Ratting out your buddy about who threw an egg at someones window is one thing, but when a guy dies I hope the innocent dead is considered more valuable to society than the criminal living. It would have to be a close family member for me to keep my mouth shut, regardless of the amount of money. I wouldn't sell someone out to make a buck but in my mind thugs like this only belong one place.
Didn't the killer empty a clip from an assault rifle into the limo and kill the Broncos player? It was a pretty hard core hit from the pictures in the paper.

If I were a getto stooge going to rat out that guy, Id want witness protection for me, my family AND my extended family before Id drop a dime on the killer.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2007   #8
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, and not only that people don't trust the police, cause alot of times they just talk out of there a**, ive experienced it and ever since that i dont even lettin the cops know, sometimes you just gotta take it into your own hands, and thats the problem
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

They have arrested some guys. They are part of the TreTreCrips gang. On their turf they showed a sign on the news that said "Bang, bang the runner is dead". Seems Darret was mixed up with the Crips in HS in someway. Not sure he was a member, but somehow involved. The runner thing may have something to do with him wanting/getting out of the gang I suppose, but someone with more knowledge about gang symbology would have to explain what it means. Like I posted right after it happend, sure seems to have some sort of gang involvment.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
yeah, and not only that people don't trust the police, cause alot of times they just talk out of there a**, ive experienced it and ever since that i dont even lettin the cops know, sometimes you just gotta take it into your own hands, and thats the problem
Cops are no different from regular people, there are good ones and bad ones. People also don't take into account that cops also have to deal with death, death of children by random acts of violence, and the lowest excuse of life on a daily basis. Yeah they get a little jaded, who wouldn't. When you see trama and death everyday caused by stupidity, it changes you.

Saying you wouldn't "RAT" or supply information to bring a killer to justice bacause its against some code you have is nonsense. Whos to say if you let the Killer walk the streets he won't end up shooting somebodies car that you really do care about, family, but hey as long as it happens to someone else and you don't have to deal with the grief, who gives a damn right, you sleep at night.

People bad mouth cops, blame them for their problems, and call them pigs, until its their house being robbed, their family member murdered, or they're staring down the wrong end of a gun, then they want Mr. PoPo there.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-11-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #11
Toro
Veteran

Kudos to the Denver Broncos for picking up the slack whereas the Denver PD failed..

Let's hope someone is found, aprehended and put behind bars for no other reason than so Williams's family can rest easy knowing this guy is behind bars.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #12
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Cops are no different from regular people, there are good ones and bad ones. People also don't take into account that cops also have to deal with death, death of children by random acts of violence, and the lowest excuse of life on a daily basis. Yeah they get a little jaded, who wouldn't. When you see trama and death everyday caused by stupidity, it changes you.

Saying you wouldn't "RAT" or supply information to bring a killer to justice bacause its against some code you have is nonsense. Whos to say if you let the Killer walk the streets he won't end up shooting somebodies car that you really do care about, family, but hey as long as it happens to someone else and you don't have to deal with the grief, who gives a damn right, you sleep at night.

People bad mouth cops, blame them for their problems, and call them pigs, until its their house being robbed, their family member murdered, or they're staring down the wrong end of a gun, then they want Mr. PoPo there.
Good post here.

As for people seeking protection before they'll talk, I can understand that part. My point was the people doing it just to protect some low life trash.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I am not going to lie, I have never been a big fan of police officers. Probably stems from some of the things I have seen and been put through by them. Not that I am jaded, I have a deep respect for them. It is overly difficult to go out there everyday and try and keep a city like Houston as clean and safe as they possibly can. For the most part they are understaffed, unappreciated, and underfunded, but they go out there and take pride in what they do and that should be applauded. Hell as long as they dont give me a ticket as I am speeding through traffic they are all good by me.

As far as the Dee Will case, protection is a must. The person that would shoot up a car because of an argument and jealousy will obviously kill anyone. So yeah most people would either want to be protected from a guy like that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read