Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2007   #1
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default something i haven't seen mentioned

New offensive Coordinator? Who would you like to see? Who do you think we'll go after?

Just to throw this out there....Steve Marriuchi.
Old 01-10-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: something i haven't seen mentioned

I love kubiak but lets put him at offensive co. and put Bill Cowher at Head coach
Old 01-10-2007   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Gibbs!
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not expecting a big name
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
New offensive Coordinator? Who would you like to see? Who do you think we'll go after?

Kubiak is functionally the OC for the Texans. I expect to be underwhelmed by a younger, not very experienced guy.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Kubiak is functionally the OC for the Texans. I expect to be underwhelmed by a younger, not very experienced guy.
The Jr. Shanahan,maybe??
Old 01-10-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Jr. Shanahan,maybe??
This would surprise me not at all actually.

For some reason, I just don't see Sherman getting a HC job elsewhere this year, despite the rumors.
Old 01-10-2007   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask Hulk75: He gets daily faxes from Bob McNair about all the plans that are in the works.

Seriously, though: Sherman is only a 50-50 shot, IMO, of getting a head coach job because he's only one year removed from Green Bay.

Has he done ENOUGH to get a HC job yet? I dunno.

BUT, there's a lot of desperate teams out there who need an experienced HC. Sherman fits that description.

I would say that Kubiak might assume the playcalling duties, and that he'd get a QB that he could rely upon to make the proper reads at pre-snap and get us into better position at the snap if need be. I've seen way too many times of David holding his arms up with a puzzled look on his face when he came to the sideline and Kubiak wondered why he didn't make the right read or audible or whatever. However, I think Kubiak said that one of those times was his own fault and not David's. Anyways, I think it'll be Kubiak himself making the calls.

Calhoun was not impeded from speaking with Air Force, so Kubiak IMO was not concerned with letting Calhoun explore his opportunities.

Connecting the dots (with what I then saw in the last two games) leads me to believe that Kubiak wil be the playcaller and/or Sherman will possibly also be in on the playcalling mix a lot more if he's still here.

Can't really see anybody out there that Kubiak and Smith would trust to do the job at this point.
Old 01-10-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Ask Hulk75: He gets daily faxes from Bob McNair about all the plans that are in the works.

Seriously, though: Sherman is only a 50-50 shot, IMO, of getting a head coach job because he's only one year removed from Green Bay.

Has he done ENOUGH to get a HC job yet? I dunno.

BUT, there's a lot of desperate teams out there who need an experienced HC. Sherman fits that description.

I would say that Kubiak might assume the playcalling duties, and that he'd get a QB that he could rely upon to make the proper reads at pre-snap and get us into better position at the snap if need be. I've seen way too many times of David holding his arms up with a puzzled look on his face when he came to the sideline and Kubiak wondered why he didn't make the right read or audible or whatever. However, I think Kubiak said that one of those times was his own fault and not David's. Anyways, I think it'll be Kubiak himself making the calls.

Calhoun was not impeded from speaking with Air Force, so Kubiak IMO was not concerned with letting Calhoun explore his opportunities.

Connecting the dots (with what I then saw in the last two games) leads me to believe that Kubiak wil be the playcaller and/or Sherman will possibly also be in on the playcalling mix a lot more if he's still here.

Can't really see anybody out there that Kubiak and Smith would trust to do the job at this point.
Kubes wont let Carr audible so it wasent that... Maybe making a bad read though
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #10
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that could be right. Seriously, who really knew who Sean Payton was a few years ago, though?
Old 01-10-2007   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Sherman either gets a HC job. I think Kubes and him conflicted some on schemes and approaches to offense. I say this because our offense looked lost as a goose for large portions of the season.
Old 01-10-2007   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket View Post
Yeah, that could be right. Seriously, who really knew who Sean Payton was a few years ago, though?
Honestly, that is the type of hire that I would want the Texans to make. Nothing exciting by the name, but young hopelfully bringing some fresh approaches to the offense.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like Kubiak is waiting to see if Sherman finds a job. I wouldn't be surprised if they promote from within... maybe Pariani or Shanahan.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
Kubes wont let Carr audible so it wasent that... Maybe making a bad read though
No. I remember the play he's talking about. Carr audibled to a reverse on a 3rd or 4th and short (iirc) and the play got snuffed. Carr came back to the sideline and Kubiak ripped him a new one. Later at the news conference, Kubiak apologized and said that Carr saw something that they shown him earlier in the week and did what they had told him to do. Kubiak took the blame for that one.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep, this is my take, too. From what I gather, Kubiak mainly needs someone in the booth to be his eyes from above, seeing things that he can't see at field level.
Old 01-10-2007   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With that, I nominate Major Applewhite.
Old 01-10-2007   #17
skillz24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post

god please no
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #18
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
With that, I nominate Major Applewhite.
I've already thrown that out there in another thread. I'll bump it!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket View Post

Or Eric Mangini for that matter.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This would surprise me not at all actually.

For some reason, I just don't see Sherman getting a HC job elsewhere this year, despite the rumors.
agreed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read