Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2007   #1
Heywood
Veteran

Default brian brohm: the key to the draft?

IF brian brohm comes out, then consider the impact that has on OAK's choice with the first pick.

there would now be 4 QBs coming out whom many scouts might believe were ready to start in the NFL by, say, midseason. (russell, quinn, brohm, brennan) this doesn't even include kolb, or drew stanton.

the odds of OAK getting a fine QB at pick 33 are now hugely positive.

thus, the odds of OAK drafting CJ are now hugely bumped.

OAK picking a QB or WR has an enormous impact on the draft. if OAK goes CJ, DET can trade down with ARI (thomas) and still get a top QB, for one. MIN can get a QB, for two.

and adrian peterson can fall to 8, for three, if CLE picks a QB.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: brian brohm: the key to the draft?

Didnt CJ come out and say he doesnt want to play for Oakland? If so, wouldhe force his way out via an ELI manuever?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #3
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Didnt CJ come out and say he doesnt want to play for Oakland? If so, wouldhe force his way out via an ELI manuever?
i don't see any of the top 5 teams being that desperate at WR.

Eli plays QB, a whole different animal.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

helps Texans if Brohm comes out. to me he is top 10 talent, I had him rated #1 over JaMarcus until the Sugar bowl (we all know JaMarcus played off the hook) still if you watched the Louisville in the Orange Bowl Brohm also had an outstanding game (24-34 311 yds.). I really like his mechanics, he has a natural, quick release not to mention strong arm. he can move around the pocket & run if needed but mostly a pocket type QB, reminds me alot of Marnio when he cam out of Pitt. will need to go to a team with a solid offensive line in place like Roethlisberger got when he came in as a rookie in Pittsburgh.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
there would now be 4 QBs coming out whom many scouts might believe were ready to start in the NFL by, say, midseason. (russell, quinn, brohm, brennan) this doesn't even include kolb, or drew stanton.
The lastest rumor from the Death Star has Darth Vader hiring USC's Steve Sarkisian as their next head coach. That's Trojan assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian. Talk about a big jump up the ladder.

The hiring of Sarkisian would make me think that the Raiders are thinking QB in the draft (kastofsna, please humor me). Maybe they could wait and see who's left at #33, but I think Sarkisian would want the pick of the litter. Right now, that has to be Russell.
Old 01-10-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a huge jump up. Not even a head coach in college.

I think Brohm is the better QB than Russell.
Old 01-10-2007   #7
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Brohm is a much better quarterback at this time than Russell. Russell has a much larger upside because of his physical skills. But he makes some very poor decisions and can look very mechanical at times. I think Brohm will play better sooner and Russell possibly electric in two to three years.
Old 01-10-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The lastest rumor from the Death Star has Darth Vader hiring USC's Steve Sarkisian as their next head coach. That's Trojan assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian. Talk about a big jump up the ladder.

The hiring of Sarkisian would make me think that the Raiders are thinking QB in the draft (kastofsna, please humor me). Maybe they could wait and see who's left at #33, but I think Sarkisian would want the pick of the litter. Right now, that has to be Russell.
Had me confused there for a minute. I associate Darth Vadar to Vince Young and the Death Star to Tennessee.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #9
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I had posted a link few days ago in which CJ came out openly and said he has no intention to play for Oakland Raiders.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

brohm's entry means nothing. oakland isn't drafting a QB.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brohm had talked with Petrino and decided to stay at Louisville for his senior season.

But now that Petrino has left who knows what he is going to do.

I think Russell will be the best pro but I think that Brohm or Quinn would be the first QB taken just because they seem more ready now.

But that is what they said about VY last year...

So maybe Russell could just step right in and play.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #12
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
I had posted a link few days ago in which CJ came out openly and said he has no intention to play for Oakland Raiders.
Was that the same link that said Johnson was gauging Oaklands interest and weighing it as a factor in whether he wants to come out? Maybe it was a different thread or maybe I missed the quote from Johnson but it sounded like pure conjecture to me.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #13
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a proponent of the Texans taking a QB at #8 but if this is their mindset then Brian Brohm would be a good choice.
Old 01-11-2007   #14
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I am not a proponent of the Texans taking a QB at #8 but if this is their mindset then Brian Brohm would be a good choice.
Durability has been a major concern with Brohm. I am not sure how well he will fit with our OL and Quinn reminds me too much of David Carr.
Old 01-11-2007   #15
dbspi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
Was that the same link that said Johnson was gauging Oaklands interest and weighing it as a factor in whether he wants to come out? Maybe it was a different thread or maybe I missed the quote from Johnson but it sounded like pure conjecture to me.
yes, here is the link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...8790 7&spln=1

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read