Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2007   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What about Domanic Rhodes?

I understand he is scheduled to be a FA and I think Indy will let him go.

Considering how we might not make that big of a splash in FA and guys like Michael Turner being priced real high and us wanting to spend the majority of our dollars on defense, what do yall think of the idea of Rhodes coming to Houston.

He is a pretty good back and can catch out the back field with alot of winning experience, not to mention from a division rival.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: What about Domanic Rhodes?

I've never been impressed with Rhodes. Reminds me of Jonathan Wells...just not your everyday down back.

I'm officially starting the "bring Ricky to Houston club".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be opposed to him coming here, but I would look to see who else is out there first. And as for Ricky, well that would be worth looking into if he would accept a contract that is incentive loaded and not high dollar. He is still too much a risk with his past drug use, so if he and his agent would go for it that way, sure, Ricky would be a good addition to the backfield.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that he looked really good against KC.

Addai's the guy at IND, so I think Rhodes will want to get more reps somewhere else. He's also from Texas, so I think that we would have a better chance at getting him than somebody like Michael Turner.

He's no Tomlinson, but I think he'd be a good RB to rotate with Ron Dayne.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #5
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Enough already. First Davis, then Williams, now Rhodes. Next he's just gonna have some goofy symbol on his jersey.
Old 01-10-2007   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotexan1 View Post
Enough already. First Davis, then Williams, now Rhodes. Next he's just gonna have some goofy symbol on his jersey.
Old 01-10-2007   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a joke about our current Domanic who changed his last name from Davis to Williams. Having another Domanic could confuse people to think our Domanic changed his name from Davis, to Williams, to Rhodes.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2007   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Considering how we might not make that big of a splash in FA and guys like Michael Turner being priced real high and us wanting to spend the majority of our dollars on defense, what do yall think of the idea of Rhodes coming to Houston.

He is a pretty good back and can catch out the back field with alot of winning experience, not to mention from a division rival.
No, we need a stud, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Clinton Portis in a trade, draft one early or get this team a legit back and a reall run game and the preasure will be taken of the neck of the OLine and QB.

*AP, Lynch, Portis
back ups- Chris Taylor and Ron Dayne

Thats $$$$$$$$.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
No, we need a stud, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Clinton Portis in a trade, draft one early or get this team a legit back and a reall run game and the preasure will be taken of the neck of the OLine and QB.

*AP, Lynch, Portis
back ups- Chris Taylor and Ron Dayne

Thats $$$$$$$$.
Hmmm....I wonder what Ron and Chris would think if they read your statement about how we need a "stud?"

Kubiak would be wise to go DL or OL, or to trade down and go DB (Landry or Nelson, in that order).
Old 01-10-2007   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Hmmm....I wonder what Ron and Chris would think if they read your statement about how we need a "stud?"

Kubiak would be wise to go DL or OL, or to trade down and go DB (Landry or Nelson, in that order).
What is your problem, "I wonder what they would think" bull stuff, 3rd grade cra-p, this is me and it has no Affiliation with anyone I know...........Grow the freak up and stop acting like little school children, why not go taddle tell on me why your at it, go tell the yard duty that I punked you for your milk money.

And what I said is true, just tell me when I am not telling the truth.

And just stop nothing you say maters to me, it is just unbelieveable that some argue like little children, and he is sitting there right now trying to think of a reall crusher.

Last edited by Hulk75; 01-10-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2007   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Davis, to Williams, to Rhodes.
Tinker to Evers to Chance was better.
Old 01-10-2007   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
What is your problem, "I wonder what they would think" bull stuff, 3rd grade cra-p, this is me and it has no Affiliation with anyone I know...........Grow the freak up and stop acting like little school children, why not go taddle tell on me why your at it, go tell the yard duty that I punked you for your milk money.

And what I said is true, just tell me when I am not telling the truth.

And just stop nothing you say maters to me, it is just unbelieveable that some argue like little children, and he is sitting there right now trying to think of a reall crusher.
I'm the one that needs to grow up?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I need an interpreter to understand what your last sentence actually means.

1. You outed yourself as David's brother when you said in your own posts that you are his brother. And in addition, you come here and attempt to rub our noses in how you're soooooooooooo close with the team and blah-blah-blah, and how we know nothing and you're smarter and more wise than we are. You're the one who reeks of junior high antics. Congratulations! You're his brother, and you;re coming here and making an arse of yourself by being blind to the fact that although you're his brother, they lied to him or to whomever David overheard when David says he heard that we were taking Reggie Bush. David doesn't know everything, and he'll be the last to know IF he his let go from the team or traded, etc. So stop trying to leverage your position as David's borther as if that guarantees you the "true" stance on David as the future QB or for any other Texans-related personnel moves for that matter. They smoke-screened David about Reggie, so what else would they smoke-screen, huh?

2. You will never have any objective analysis about the QB position as long as David is the QB. And thus you cannot understand why people ignore what you say about it, and you also rip people a new one for having anything other than a glowing report on David.

You used to be fairly humble about stuff. And now you're just rushing onto the board like a raging bull in a china closet. I kept the promise I made to you back in March of 2006, to not tell anyone I knew who you were. I made an allegiance with you and you came on here and outed yourself recently when you said "This is my last post...."

You've gone full tilt, Darren. Period.

And that goes for QB75, too. I wonder who that is, hmmm? Perhaps David himself? His dad? The other son? There's no profile info on QB75...and yet 100% of his posts are in the Carr threads and nothing but pro-Carr replies.

It's nice to know that 99.9% of the board posters here are at least not Carr family members, this way we can at least know that 99.9% of the time we'll be reading objective analysis that isn't tainted by familial affiliations with the Carr family.

I'm 100% OFF the Carr bandwagon. Get anybody in here, TODAY! The arrogance and the uppity snooty attitude is enough to say that I want them back in California where they can make appearances at Stockdale High and continue to get NOTHING but what they think they should get and what they think they deserve: Glowing praise and honor for who they are. All of it reeks of "Nobody likes us" whining.

Is that grown up enough for you, Hulkster? I kept my promise the whole way, for you, and you outed yourself so you could go full tilt and go balls to the wall with your rants about how much better you are and how much more inside information you have than us, and blah-blah-blah. You couldn't keep it a secret any longer because you have selfish motives for revealing who you are: You DESIRE to be known as being David's brother and you DESIRE to use it as a way to say that we're stupid and you're smarter. That really doesn't buy you a lot of points, Hulk75, if you ask me. You've dug yourself an even deeper grave as far as that all goes. You seriously miscalculated this particular move (the move to out yourself).

You ain't lived in Texas long enough, bro. Don't act as though being here for a few years buys you any favors, OK? We see the HEART here in Texas, and it's obvious you have NO allegiance to Houston Texans at all. You're looking out for the family reputation. It's like another poster said: "Would you still come here if David had left the team?"

No, you wouldn't. So just HOW seriously can we take you at your opinions on OUR team?

And IF you are sooo much smarter than us, Hulk, and IF you are so very close to the team as you say you are, and IF you care so much about David and his locker room presence with the guys, then why do you rag Dayne and Taylor by saying that we need "a stud" in here at RB? That's a risky move to make those statements and think that they won;t find out about it. Yeah, go high-five Dayne in the locker room tomorrow when you just said that he nor Taylor are a stud around here. Nice, smart move, Hulk. (rolls eyes) Because YOU saying that is just as good as DAVID saying it....because you and David are on the same page, right?

You have so very little clue about how politics and human relations are to be utilized in the real world. You cannot come here and spew your stuff and then think that it just stays here and it doesn't have ramifications down the road for you or for David. Think two moves ahead before you make statements like that...it might impact the locker room and David's leadership. But of course, that takes a back seat to you telling us who you are and how stupid WE are since we don't have "Carr" as a last name.

Last edited by GP; 01-10-2007 at 11:29 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #13
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:

Hmm a good point and it could be that Rhodes is the answer, but i'm not sure I want to make the deal just yet. If we wait some other options might come open, but may not be much better. The Draft is a coin toss for sure, but we could get lucky like Lance from the Chronicle says and get AP,
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

But then again waiting untill the draft is dicey and no guarantee either we get a decent back as Rhodes and any other average RB may all be signed.

IMO Rhodes was average in Indy and we need a little bit better than average back here to make a difference so which way do we go?

A little crying over last year - I honestly didnt see DD making it back and thought we should have went after Thomas Jones from the Bears as I felt he could be the guy for us here and the bears had made Benson the starter in camp. Well 1 year later look whos their starting RB again.
Bottom line is no easy answer at this point.

My hunch is we wait till the draft and address RB. If we dont get our guy there we start bringing in every FA we can for workouts and sign a guy to compete with Dominic, Dayne, Taylor & Lundy in camp.
Old 01-10-2007   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
I'm the one that needs to grow up?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I need an interpreter to understand what your last sentence actually means.

1. You outed yourself as David's brother when you said in your own posts that you are his brother. And in addition, you come here and attempt to rub our noses in how you're soooooooooooo close with the team and blah-blah-blah, and how we know nothing and you're smarter and more wise than we are. You're the one who reeks of junior high antics. Congratulations! You're his brother, and you;re coming here and making an arse of yourself by being blind to the fact that although you're his brother, they lied to him or to whomever David overheard when David says he heard that we were taking Reggie Bush. David doesn't know everything, and he'll be the last to know IF he his let go from the team or traded, etc. So stop trying to leverage your position as David's borther as if that guarantees you the "true" stance on David as the future QB or for any other Texans-related personnel moves for that matter. They smoke-screened David about Reggie, so what else would they smoke-screen, huh?

2. You will never have any objective analysis about the QB position as long as David is the QB. And thus you cannot understand why people ignore what you say about it, and you also rip people a new one for having anything other than a glowing report on David.

You used to be fairly humble about stuff. And now you're just rushing onto the board like a raging bull in a china closet. I kept the promise I made to you back in March of 2006, to not tell anyone I knew who you were. I made an allegiance with you and you came on here and outed yourself recently when you said "This is my last post...."

You've gone full tilt, Darren. Period.

And that goes for QB75, too. I wonder who that is, hmmm? Perhaps David himself? His dad? The other son? There's no profile info on QB75...and yet 100% of his posts are in the Carr threads and nothing but pro-Carr replies.

It's nice to know that 99.9% of the board posters here are at least not Carr family members, this way we can at least know that 99.9% of the time we'll be reading objective analysis that isn't tainted by familial affiliations with the Carr family.

I'm 100% OFF the Carr bandwagon. Get anybody in here, TODAY! The arrogance and the uppity snooty attitude is enough to say that I want them back in California where they can make appearances at Stockdale High and continue to get NOTHING but what they think they should get and what they think they deserve: Glowing praise and honor for who they are.

Is that grown up enough for you, Hulkster? I kept my promise the whole way, for you, and you outed yourself so you could go full title and go balls to the wall with your rants about how much better you are and how much more inside information you have than us, and blah-blah-blah.

You ain't lived in Texas long enough, bro.
Such Anger, all for just a game of football. Thats too bad.

Nobody Cares, You spent 32 minutes of waisted time writting back, does this change anything?

Like I said you can believe what you like, I know what I know thats why I am not going to take a whole hour to type back, you send me PMs all the time stop, what does it matter? Call me what you want, say I dont know anything, which is my favorite, I have played Ball for 15 years, have played with and talked to some NFL players and coaches, I coach my self, I play semi pro ball for kicks, have a playbook with over 300 plays in it but "I will never know", your right I have no clue what is going on, I smoke screen all day, thats what my life style is all about, thats how I go about things smoke screening everything.

Like I said I know what I know, it does not bother me what you think, it is acctually kind of fun cause it gives me an idea of your knowledge of football, telling someone who still plays it and has played it for 15 years now, compared to a guy that has never sniffed a footrball field past the age of 16.

I am sorry you think I am such a bad person, and that I dont know what I am talikng about, but what ever makes you feel better through out the day.................................You cant take my joy cause you did not give it to me, so I am sorry you feel this way, I know what I know, sorry if it is not right.
Old 01-10-2007   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Here let me just end this so you dont have a heart attack, your right, lets take Domanick Rohdes, Ron and Chris are super stars and lets draft a dlineman in the first couple rds.
Old 01-10-2007   #16
elbison
Rookie

If this guy is David Carr's brother, it's real weird that he doesn't even know how to properly apostrophe his own last name.

Real weird.

elbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #17
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

No. We have all the decent backs we need, Taylor, Dayne, Williams, Lundy. If we bring in another back, he needs to be a big play maker, other than that we are ok with what we have and it wouldn't be worth the extra money.
Old 01-10-2007   #18
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that they just might agree. Do you consider Ron Dayne a stud? Are you ready to go into the 2007 season with Ron Dayne as your feature back?
I'm not knocking either one, but I don't want to go into next year with Ron Dayne as our feature back. Change of pace back, sure, but do we know that Chris Taylor is the man? I think that Chris Taylor looked really good when given time to play, but why was he given the chance to play when we were all out of options? I can buy that it was because we wanted to get a good look at him, and maybe he showed the coaches enough. But I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that the Texans' brass are not content with our stable of running backs.
Old 01-10-2007   #19
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
I think that they just might agree. Do you consider Ron Dayne a stud? Are you ready to go into the 2007 season with Ron Dayne as your feature back?
I'm not knocking either one, but I don't want to go into next year with Ron Dayne as our feature back. Change of pace back, sure, but do we know that Chris Taylor is the man? I think that Chris Taylor looked really good when given time to play, but why was he given the chance to play when we were all out of options? I can buy that it was because we wanted to get a good look at him, and maybe he showed the coaches enough. But I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that the Texans' brass are not content with our stable of running backs.
Kubiak considers him a stud rb. Long as he's healthy, u'll see the heisman winner perform at that high level. Coach has practically prasied him all season. He knows what a helthy Ron Dayne brings to the table. And believe me, by the time that 4th quarter rolls around. Nobody wants to tackle a big body like that. "He's a load to bring down". get ready to go into next season with him being the featured back.
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #20
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak considers him a stud rb. Long as he's healthy, u'll see the heisman winner perform at that high level. Coach has practically prasied him all season. He knows what a helthy Ron Dayne brings to the table. And believe me, by the time that 4th quarter rolls around. Nobody wants to tackle a big body like that. "He's a load to bring down". get ready to go into next season with him being the featured back
Two reasons why Ron Dayne would be our featured back:

1. No other options
2. We have higher areas of concern, and the running back well runs dry.
Then see #1.

I understand that you really like Ron Dayne (hence your screenname). I was impressed with the way he ran the ball. I'm not impressed that it took him, how many, 6 years to show it. We got the thunder, we need the lightning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read