Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Michael Bush Declares

here's a guy to look at, texans fans.

brian brohm to follow? hmm.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Bush Declares

Where will he go since he got hurt?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well, it really isn't that detrimental of an injury as far as the future of a runningback is concerned. so that won't hurt his stock; it'll just be all the tiem off that will. but with this being a pretty average class of backs, i expect him to be the 3rd one taken, in the late 1st.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, i wasn't really questioning his durability since it was, as I beleive a broken leg right? but i was wondering if his stock dropped dramatically since he didn't play since the first game and you can only go by what he did before this season.

Also, the Texans cannot draft him with the eight pick, that's too early, but I wonder if he will last to the early second? How about Brohm in the first and Bush in the second. That would be interesting...
Old 01-09-2007   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post

Also, the Texans cannot draft him with the eight pick, that's too early, but I wonder if he will last to the early second? How about Brohm in the first and Bush in the second. That would be interesting...

but would the Texans keep Carr & groom Brohm

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

but would the Texans keep Carr & groom Brohm
Why not, the chargers drafted rivers when they had brees? and looked how it turned out..
Old 01-09-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not, the chargers drafted rivers when they had brees? and looked how it turned out..
But Brees was not the QB he is today when Rivers was drafted.

Bush is a bigtime back (6-2 247) with break away (atleast before the broken leg). He would fit great with this team as the second pick.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2007   #8
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush could slip if he is unable to perform at the combine or his school day due to his injury. Last I heard he was doing some light running and limited weight work.
Old 01-09-2007   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
But Brees was not the QB he is today when Rivers was drafted.

Bush is a bigtime back. He would fit great with this team as the second pick.
That's my point exactly, brees was as bad as Carr when they drafted rivers. He was pretty bad. However, it was only his second season. But he turned it around on his third. Maybe cause he didn't wanna lose his job or cause it was his third season and he finally figured things out, but a switch went on in his head.

My point is that the Texans are gonna have to change Qb very soon, cause Carr is not getting it done. So you either look at a rookie now or a veteran in the offseason. And your not gonna get a great veteran out there. a servicable one but not great.
Old 01-09-2007   #10
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Bush could slip if he is unable to perform at the combine or his school day due to his injury. Last I heard he was doing some light running and limited weight work.
If he does slip at the combine, then good. That would mean we have a better chance to grab him in the second round.

Combine means nothing. Michael Bush is a monster on the field, just like DeMeco was at Alabama. That's all I need to know.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

IF we can't get Peterson, and I know Lynch isn't worth it. I wouldn't be mad at a late 1st day on Michael Bush.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have Bush. He was at one point considered a first overall pick candidate.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Chargers drafted Eli, the Giants drafted Rivers....but I know what you meant.

I support having a QB sit for a year..I would rather have J. Russel sit for a year and learn but he probably won't last to us. I'd rather us go in a different direction if russel is taken.

On bush though, I'd like us to take him in the 2nd if there. All the mocks have him in the top of the second or late first round...but again mocks arent the most accurate things.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

This hurts the Texans in a trade down scenario if Peterson is still available. A team like the Jets or Giants may not be willing to trade up and give up picks if they have a shot at getting an elite back late in the first round with Bush.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #15
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i would love to get bush also. from what i have heard from some in the medical biz, bone injuries like breaks the one bush had usually heal fine with little side effects as opposed to the ligament injuries.
Old 01-09-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

J E T S

Jets jets, jets.
Old 01-09-2007   #17
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

would be nice to bring bush here but i dont see the texans drafting him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK, i wasn't really questioning his durability since it was, as I beleive a broken leg right? but i was wondering if his stock dropped dramatically since he didn't play since the first game and you can only go by what he did before this season.

It was early, but he was rocking in that game. See what he does at the combine. I doubt he gets to 2.7 . Nice size and speed ratio. Except for the leg, looks like a perfect one cut and go guy. I'll be amazed if he's 100% after five months.
Old 01-09-2007   #19
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If we don't draft AD or Lynch in first then I like to see us draft Bush in the second provided he checks out health wise.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Makes me think of TJ Duckett and Greg Jones. I think he'll amount to about as much as they have as well.

Nothing personal...hated to see his injury. Just an opinion.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read