Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-08-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Did Nelson's stock go up or down today?

I stopped concentrating on the game after the 1st half, did Nelson play well? I noticed Smith was throwing away from him alot.
Old 01-08-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did Nelson's stock go up or down today?

that secondary completely locked down everyone. pure domination.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I stopped concentrating on the game after the 1st half, did Nelson play well? I noticed Smith was throwing away from him alot.
I have only seen the game broadcast by FOX as of right now. I haven't gotten my hands on any good tape yet, but he didn't really hurt it. His name wasn't called much, but tOSU passing game was not there. He locked up man vs man sometimes and did well. All the UF DB's played well and allowed the DL extra time to get to Smith. Nelson was a part of it, but he didn't really stand out. He is still the #1 S and should still be ranked in the teens overall.
Old 01-09-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith was throwing away from everyone tonight including his own receivers.

All in all Nelson didn't hurt or help his stock. T. Smith was the loser in that department tonight.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Smith was throwing away from everyone tonight including his own receivers.

All in all Nelson didn't hurt or help his stock. T. Smith was the loser in that department tonight.
LOL!!! True...but you know Smith may have played himself into our # 40 pick if we choose to go that route...JUST SAYIN
Old 01-09-2007   #6
SLO Texan
Veteran

Nelson never even showed up on the TV!!!

And if anything thats a good thing. The gator DBs had everyone locked down ALL GAME LONG!!!
Old 01-09-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nelson took a bad angle and missed the tackle on Pittman's touchdown run. That was the one bad thing I saw. Other than that you are right. Troy Smith threw to the right side of the field all night long. Nelson really didn't have a lot of chances to make plays. I'll be If Ginn Jr. didn't get injured we would have seen Nelson a lot more.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2007   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ginn reminded me so much of Mathis today it wasn't even funny. Huge Kickoff return and then he hurts his foot and has to be in a space boot. It sent a shiver down my spine who close they resembled each other.
Old 01-09-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL!!! True...but you know Smith may have played himself into our # 40 pick if we choose to go that route...JUST SAYIN
I think the tater tot looked very ordinary with Ginn Jr. on the side lines in a soft cast. Made a difference. I beileve he is a day two guy now.
Old 01-09-2007   #10
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I hope we draft Nelson even if its only so I have insurance in case he moves on after I get a jersey (Nelson is my last name). At least he would never join Gaffney and Davis in my closet.

Of course to avoid selfishness we really need a FS too.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a great performance by the DBs, but keep in mind Ginn was not there. I wonder how much his leadership has to do with it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I think the tater tot looked very ordinary with Ginn Jr. on the side lines in a soft cast. Made a difference. I beileve he is a day two guy now.
No way...if his trade talk was that low he would stay another year. Why go into the draft as a junior and get drafted in the later rounds.

Nelson played well. He was beat on that one play but most safeties will get beat in those situations from time to time. He moved across the field to fill the open running lane where Pittman had outrun two tacklers and broke outside but could not make the tackle. You can't make every tackle I suppose.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Nelson played well. He was beat on that one play but most safeties will get beat in those situations from time to time. He moved across the field to fill the open running lane where Pittman had outrun two tacklers and broke outside but could not make the tackle. You can't make every tackle I suppose.
He also took a bad angle on the opening kick-off that Ginn ran back....

But IMO, he's still the number 1 safety coming out...His name wasn't called alot, but you also didn't see him messing up a lot....everyone misses tackles at times so I don't think he really hurt his stock at all...
Old 01-09-2007   #14
leachmtb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He also took a bad angle on the opening kick-off that Ginn ran back....

But IMO, he's still the number 1 safety coming out...His name wasn't called alot, but you also didn't see him messing up a lot....everyone misses tackles at times so I don't think he really hurt his stock at all...
His angle didn't look that bad, because he would have been in position had he not had a slight tug on the back of his jersey to slow him down. Some people don't think it was a real hold (and I'm not saying it is) but it was enough to keep him from making the play.
leachmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by leachmtb View Post
His angle didn't look that bad, because he would have been in position had he not had a slight tug on the back of his jersey to slow him down. Some people don't think it was a real hold (and I'm not saying it is) but it was enough to keep him from making the play.
I like Reggie Nelson. In fact I hope we take him at eight.

But the angle he took against Ginn was bad.

He underestimated his speed.
Old 01-09-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want the Texans to draft him @ #8 anymore after watching him last night

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I don't want the Texans to draft him @ #8 anymore after watching him last night
So one game made you come to that decision ?
Old 01-09-2007   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

DOWN.

He looked slow in comparison. Took bad angles. Late first round, early 2nd at best.

LaRon Landry is #1 in the NFL Draft at safety.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
DOWN.

He looked slow in comparison. Took bad angles. Late first round, early 2nd at best.

LaRon Landry is #1 in the NFL Draft at safety.
It's so obvious that your comments aren't biased...

Did you see Landry in his bowl game ?
Old 01-09-2007   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
It's so obvious that your comments aren't biased...

Did you see Landry in his bowl game ?
First off, how am I biased here? I watched both bowl games, and both players.

So to answer your question, yes, I saw Landry in his bowl game. I saw LaRon laying the hat, and pick off Brady Quinn.

Ive seen LaRon lead LSU in tackles the last 2/3 seasons. I have seen enough if LaRon, and not enough of Nelson. So before you start to play your "im smarter than you because I watch more football" card, dont. I know what im talking about, and LaRon is better than Nelson period.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read