Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which Rookie RB Would you want?
Reggie Bush 9 18.75%
Laurence Maroney 14 29.17%
DeAngelo Williams 2 4.17%
Maurice Jones Drew 18 37.50%
Joseph Addai 4 8.33%
Other 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2007   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default The Rookie Running backs this season

Out of all of them who would you want on your team?
Old 01-08-2007   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: The Rookie Running backs this season

I put Maroney, I like him before the draft last year. He is cheaper than bush.

I would also like to have a shot at Jones Drew. He had some good production.
Old 01-08-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I would still take Reggie Bush. He got better as the season went on. Maroney, Addai, and Jones-Drew all had fine years, but Bush is still the most talented out of all of them. 1307 total yards doesn't hurt either.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Maurice Drew. The guy was underrated in college as a result of playing in the shadows of Reggie Bush, but is showing everyone that he can play.

He is fast, powerful, and a good receiver. What more do you want?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #5
SLO Texan
Veteran

Maroney for sure, he fits our style best in my opinion. One cut and go, go, go!!!

Reggie would have gotten both of his knees blown out behind our line, I'm very happy for NO and us...
Old 01-08-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

deangelo williams.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
1307 total yards doesn't hurt either.
Not as nice as Maurice Drew's 1377 yards.
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2007   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, Addai's 1406 is pretty slick.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I don't know how anyone wouldn't want MJD. He's the man.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD is a physical specimen. Ask me in the preseason and I say DeAngelo Williams. I think he'll be better than any of these guys if he starts, but I'll take my chances with MJD.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I don't know, Addai's 1406 is pretty slick.
If you add Maurice Drew's return stats (because we know ESPN loves to with you know who) then he has 2250 yards.
Old 01-08-2007   #12
real

I like all those guys....

But Im still going to roll with Reggie....
Old 01-08-2007   #13
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i take MJD also. there is a reason bush was so productive this year--deuce mcallister. if bush is having to carry the rock 25 times PLUS flared out on pass plays when he is not carrying the ball, plus returning kicks, he is no where as effective.
Old 01-08-2007   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

before the season i said deangelo williams. right now i'm going with jones-drew however. 13 rushing touchdowns & a complete package at runningback, is a strong receiver out of the backfield, and suprisingly to me is a serious threat returning kicks. the kid's fast, strong, and versatile ... i was extremely impressed.
Old 01-08-2007   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
If you add Maurice Drew's return stats (because we know ESPN loves to with you know who) then he has 2250 yards.
Well you-know-who has that undeniably awesome endzone flip move. That's like +3000 total yards alone.
Old 01-08-2007   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush is the most impressive of the group as a receiver, but probably the
least impressive as a running back.
But Maroney would be oh so effective in our ZB system and IIRC actually
ran behind an OLine in college that used that scheme, so he already has the
tedchnique down. But he has both good speed and runs hard inside the tackles.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well you-know-who has that undeniably awesome endzone flip move. That's like +3000 total yards alone.

Wait till he injures himself on an end zone flip move. The spin should be interesting.
Old 01-08-2007   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Addai. Great pickup for the Colts.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #19
gg no re
iggnorent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Wait till he injures himself on an end zone flip move. The spin should be interesting.
"Reggie Bush sucker punched by the ground. Is the Earth raging out of control? Steroids may lead to the truth."
Old 01-08-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
"Reggie Bush sucker punched by the ground. Is the Earth raging out of control? Steroids may lead to the truth."

Jason Taylor believes that Earth Day should be canceled because steroid users should not be celebrated.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read