Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-07-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default first round mock 1-32

Im not sure how the end of the draft is going to fall into place, so i tried to think what would happen...let me know if you think im close on any of the picks...

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - QB/L.S.U.
Detriot - Brady Quinn - QB/ Notre Dame
Cleveland - Calvin Johnson - WR/Georgia Tech
Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams - DE/Clemson
Arizona - Joe Thomas - OT/Wisconsin
Washington - Darrelle Revis - CB/Pittsburgh
Minnesota - Sidney Rice - WR/South Carolina
Houston - LaRon Landry - S/L.S.U.
Miami - Alan Branch - DT/Michigan
Atlanta - Reggie Nelson - S/Florida
San Francisco - Leon Hall - CB/Michigan
Buffalo - Brian Brohm - QB/Louisville
St. Louis - Patrick Willis - ILB/Ole Miss
Carolina - Paul Posluszny - OLB/Penn State
Green Bay - Adrian Peterson - RB/Oklahoma
Pittsburgh - Justin Blalock - OG/Texas
Jacksonville - Ted Ginn Jr. - WR/Ohio State
Cincinnati - Quinn Pitcock - DT/Ohio State
New York Giants - Marshawn Lynch - RB/California
Denver - Quentin Moses - DE/Georgia
Dallas - Levi Brown - OT/Penn State
Kansas City - Dwayne Jarrett - WR/U.S.C.
New Orleans - Jon Beason - OLB/Miami
New York Jets - Marcus McCauley - CB/Fresno State
Philadelphia - Earl Everett - OLB/Florida
New England - Antoine Cason - CB/Arizona
Baltimore - Jamal Anderson - DE:OLB/Arkansas
New Endland (from Seattle) - Michael Griffin - S/Texas
Indianapolis - Lawrence Timmons - OLB/Florida State
Chicago - Zach Miller TE/Arizona State
San Diego - Robert Meachem - WR/Tennessee
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

Default Re: first round mock 1-32

I don't see us passing on Adrian Peterson if he's available, arguably the BPA and at #8 he's a great value and our running game really needs a jolt.

I don't really see Minnesota taking Rice at #7, I don't think they look WR at al land at this point I don't know that I'd say he's the #2 WR in the draft.

I don't see Buffalo taking a QB in the 1st round, they have other needs and Losman has showed some progress.

You also left Tennessee's pick out of the draft.

Not an overly bad mock at this early stage of the offseason.
Old 01-08-2007   #3
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I like your selection for the Texans. This is a very good draft for safeties and we could sure use one. This may be a very good opportunity to trade down and still get a good safety. There are three quality Safeties in the draft and each could help us.

Peterson is a talent no doubt about it, but we already have a RB on IR. I don't think we need to get another one.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

tampa wouldn't take adams over joe thomas.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #5
Heywood
Veteran

umm, cleveland will select adrian peterson- it is an absolute lock pick.

i think arizona will end up with joe thomas, either at 5 or by trading up. i think this is an absolute lock pick. they could move bertrand berry and the #5 pick to DET for the #2 pick.

i think DET and MINN are the WCs here- will DET take quinn, even though, by fate, WR is also a need. will MINN trade up for quinn (MINN sends kevin williams and the #7 pick to DET for the #2 pick? DET can still get a good QB at 34 (brennan?))
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Peterson won't last that long, Lynch won't last that long, Buffalo will not pick a QB, Meachem will not last that long, Washington will not pick a CB.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy, if we could trade down 5-6 spots and pickup an extra 2nd and still get Marshawn Lynch I would be thrilled.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2007   #8
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

Cleveland will take Petersen unless one of Russell/Quinn are available. There is no way they pass up on any of those three.
Old 01-08-2007   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't know, I could see them taking Branch. Crennel is a defensive minded coach and Ted Washington is getting old. Droughns had a bad year, but prior to this season he had two consecutive 1200 yards seasons.
Old 01-08-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the value isn't there with branch at #3 considering who else is available.
Old 01-08-2007   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares what other teams get if we get Laron Landry?

There is a three headed monster I see for us at the #8 pick which would allow us to go either way. That is Peterson, Laron Landry, and Russell. I only see Landry falling to us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the value isn't there with branch at #3 considering who else is available.
Too early to say who is valued at what. We still have the combine, pro days, and free agency before the draft.
Old 01-08-2007   #13
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Who cares what other teams get if we get Laron Landry?

There is a three headed monster I see for us at the #8 pick which would allow us to go either way. That is Peterson, Laron Landry, and Russell. I only see Landry falling to us.
landry is the most overrated player in this draft not named "quinn"
Old 01-08-2007   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He's better than what we have at that position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
landry is the most overrated player in this draft not named "quinn"
explain.
Old 01-08-2007   #16
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
explain.
i've seen several of their games this year.

top-flight WRs simply run by this guy.
Old 01-08-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

lol...
Old 01-08-2007   #18
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
i've seen several of their games this year.

top-flight WRs simply run by this guy.
HAHAHA umm.............no u apparently have not watched any of his games.
Old 01-08-2007   #19
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

That mock has lots of holes and is far from what will happen. As far as Quinn, I don't think he will go in the top 8.
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #20
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
HAHAHA umm.............no u apparently have not watched any of his games.
robert meachem sent him a 'thank you' card addressed to "b1tch"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read