Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2007   #1
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I found the bandwagon franchise

From the Dallas Morning News...

Five fans greet Cowboys

2007-01-07
Only five Dallas Cowboys fans greeted the team at DFW International Airport early Sunday morning after they lost their wildcard playoff game to the Seattle Seahawks, 21-20. (DMN)

On video: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/

Where's the love?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I found the bandwagon franchise

I heard there was a linup around the block at all the hospitals emergency rooms in Dullas. Seems there are thousands of folks suffering from broken ankles. I wonder what caused that?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #3
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that the emergency rooms were full due to an outbreak of some kind of broken heart disease.
I also heard the jails were full because all the drunk crygirls fans got into fights.
Then there was the vice squad who found the sorce to the crackwagon.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Do fans usually go to the airport to meet the corp. jet? I know that there are usually parades and celebrations after the Superbowl, but didn't realize a pep rally was expected after a playoff loss, or win either for that matter. I have visited several boards and there is much discussion about the path forward, takeaways, disappointments, but haven't seen anything suggesting that the fan base would be diminishing or not renewing season tickets, etc. There's much to be learned from these boards. OBTW, the Lemon Drop and Poker did wonders for my spirit.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #5
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
Do fans usually go to the airport to meet the corp. jet? I know that there are usually parades and celebrations after the Superbowl, but didn't realize a pep rally was expected after a playoff loss, or win either for that matter.
Apparently you weren’t in the Astrodome after the Oilers playoff looses to the Steelers in 1978 and 1979...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Apparently you weren’t in the Astrodome after the Oilers playoff looses to the Steelers in 1978 and 1979...
I do remember, but I believe one in particular situation it was a very tough loss on a very bad call. Cool. We show our Boys that we love them by sellouts, merchandise and continued support over the years. Don't be fooled by a few disgruntled fans, we are as strong as ever.
Old 01-08-2007   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

No yall aren't. Over here you got people that want to like the Titans that are "Cowboy" Fans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Would have been hilarious if Tony Romo bobbled the football after signing it for that fan.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
No yall aren't. Over here you got people that want to like the Titans that are "Cowboy" Fans.

Oh, really! I guess I had better speak for myself. I, too am a VY fan for the time that he's a Titan, but a Cowboys fan for life.
Old 01-08-2007   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm far from a bandwagon Cowboys fan. I've spents thousands buying season tickets and have been a fan since I was a kid; was there when they were 1-15 and I even believe there was a 3-13 thrown in there.

I like Vince alot but am not a Titans fan although I do like Coach Fisher.

All I said Saturday night was "oh no Romo"! I still have confidence in the guy and I'm sure nobody feels as bad as he does. If I were perfect I guess I'd sit here and badmouth him but I'm not so I won't. He messed up. I've moved on. Sat thru tons of bad years and was there for a ton of good ones. That's the way of sports. Sometimes you shine and sometimes you suck.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #11
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

So where do the Texan fans greet the team when the jet comes on over? Just hope it's not in proportion with who comes out to the games..

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That "homo" nickname is very lame.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #13
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Totally WWJD.. not only that, but it's racially offensive.

I hear so much crap on here of how "obnoxious" Cowboy fans are, and then you see this. I have yet to meet one Cowboy fan who "hates" the Texans or Houston. It seems to be a "older brother at the prom, younger in the basement left hand clicking" kind of syndrome.

Someone just gave me neg. spek for this post:

So where do the Texan fans greet the team when the jet comes on over? Just hope it's not in proportion with who comes out to the games..

He commented saying "you lost get over it." To whomever decided to say that, where am I being a sore loser? Where am I "not getting over it." I'm mentioning look at the mirror before you decide to bash our own fan support.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 01-08-2007 at 10:59 PM.
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post

I hear so much crap on here of how "obnoxious" Cowboy fans are, and then you see this. I have yet to meet one Cowboy fan who "hates" the Texans or Houston. It seems to be a "older brother at the prom, younger in the basement left hand clicking" kind of syndrome.
That is an interesting analogy. Personally i am not a cowboys fan and never have been. When the Oilers were in town, the Cowboys were a natural rival of sorts. I remember watching my first football game when Landry was the Cowboy head coach. I remember not liking the cowboys but looking up to Landry. When he got fired and they brought in JJ I really didnt like the Cowboys.

Your analogy of a big brother-little brother thing is interesting because it does seem to go both ways. On one hand many Cowboys fans talk about all their Superbowl victories (Big Brother bragging) while Texans fans retort by talking about how it hasnt happened anytime recently.

I guess you could say the NFL is the parents in this triangulated situation. Both brothers compete for the parent's attention but there is not enough to go to both. The Parents give the attention to the Cowboys(big brother) while all but neglecting the Texans (little brother). Little Brother gets upset and tries to do something to get the parent's(NFL) attention like doing better on an exam than the class genius(Indy) and still the parents wont give the little brother the attention he desearves becuase Big Brother was more involved in something else.

Ok, maybe I am just reading too much into this...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He commented saying "you lost get over it." To whomever decided to say that, where am I being a sore loser? Where am I "not getting over it." I'm mentioning look at the mirror before you decide to bash our own fan support.
Racially offensive?

Oh, and forget all about the rep system. I'm against it. I'm sure whoever hit you with the rep didn't have much of an effect on your rep status anyway.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
That is an interesting analogy. Personally i am not a cowboys fan and never have been. When the Oilers were in town, the Cowboys were a natural rival of sorts. I remember watching my first football game when Landry was the Cowboy head coach. I remember not liking the cowboys but looking up to Landry. When he got fired and they brought in JJ I really didnt like the Cowboys.

Your analogy of a big brother-little brother thing is interesting because it does seem to go both ways. On one hand many Cowboys fans talk about all their Superbowl victories (Big Brother bragging) while Texans fans retort by talking about how it hasnt happened anytime recently.

I guess you could say the NFL is the parents in this triangulated situation. Both brothers compete for the parent's attention but there is not enough to go to both. The Parents give the attention to the Cowboys(big brother) while all but neglecting the Texans (little brother). Little Brother gets upset and tries to do something to get the parent's(NFL) attention like doing better on an exam than the class genius(Indy) and still the parents wont give the little brother the attention he desearves becuase Big Brother was more involved in something else.

Ok, maybe I am just reading too much into this...
At least none of us are the stepchild that is forced to live in the dog crate (Jacksonville)

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

racially offensive???? So homosexuals are a race now? Not only that...this post was edited once...so obviously you corrected something, but still left your claim that anyone who calls him "tony homo" is a racist? *Head spinning*.....

I do not think that word means what you think it does sir

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Do fans usually go to the airport to meet the corp. jet? I know that there are usually parades and celebrations after the Superbowl, but didn't realize a pep rally was expected after a playoff loss, or win either for that matter.
'78 and '79 - Conference Championship games
'06 - Wild Card playoff game

'78 and '79 - Organized event in the Astrodome
'06 - Anything planned to meet the team at the airport? After 9/11, where would people be able to greet the team, baggage claim?

'78 and '79 - Event held at night after a day game.
'06 - 'Event' held in the morning after a night game.

Yeah, those are similar.

But thanks for the laughs. Always great to read comments from Houston fans about other "bandwagon fans" of other teams.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

awtysst and swtbound07,

That's some good stuff.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read