Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2007   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gaffney in the playoffs

Its nice to see a previous texan player in the playoffs. I feel Gaffney could of been a decent player in this leauge in the slot, seems like he's becoming a favorable target of Brady's. Gaffney is a player that the patriots always seem to pick up.....I.E. has talent, failed eslewhere, but he will pick you up and dust you off.

having said this, this is why I think Brady is one of the greatest QB to play the game, you take his receivers, doesn't matter, you take his O. Coordinator, doesn't matter, just supply him with a running game and a avg. line and he'll win. I can't believe this guy was taken so low in the draft, the guy was basically a HOF by the time he was 26.

Ravens Vs. Patriots is going to be one hellava game................McNair has one last hoorah in him...........I'm rooting for him.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #2
TXGRL
Veteran

Default Re: Gaffney in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
I think Brady is one of the greatest QB to play the game, you take his receivers, doesn't matter, you take his O. Coordinator, doesn't matter, just supply him with a running game and a avg. line and he'll win. I can't believe this guy was taken so low in the draft, the guy was basically a HOF by the time he was 26.

Ravens Vs. Patriots is going to be one hellava game................McNair has one last hoorah in him...........I'm rooting for him.
Have to agree with you there (about Brady). Not the most exciting QB in the league, but very effective. He always seems to be so consistent.

Ravens will be tough to beat this year...so McNair stands a good chance of moving on.
Old 01-07-2007   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Brady is looking in his direction a lot. Too bad he ran backwards when he had the first on third down and he dropped that perfect pass in the endzone.
Old 01-07-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dave Thomas should be in more. He would have caught the TD pass that Gaffney dropped.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope today's games are alot better than yesterday's. The Chiefs were a excuse of a playoff team and damn the 49ers for sending them there. Herman Edwards is the most overrated coach in the league period. he ran C. Martin into the ground (yeah I know he was old, but still don't understand why some coaches believe this is a 1 back league, it takes two) and he ran L. Johnson into the ground. L. Johnson didn't have speed or explosion, he flat out look tired.

What the hell has Herman Edwards done.......really, he is a raw raw coach who players ralley behind and thats about it, once he makes it to the playoffs he's outcoached.

I'm sorry you don't pull a guy thats rolling and has a 11 to 1 TD/INT ratio, starting 8 games........period. If Herman coached the Pats of 2001 he would of plugged Bledsoe back into the starting position once healthy and Brady would be the next Huard. I've always felt Edwards is overrated and yesterday he proved it.
Old 01-07-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Dave Thomas should be in more. He would have caught the TD pass that Gaffney dropped.
Gaffney did pick up a key first down on this drive, he would be good in the slot.
Old 01-07-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Walter is the king of first down catches.
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I'm not saying Gaffney would of had success here. He was drafted to be the reciever and wasn't, he failed (and would of turned into bad blood being asked to step down to a lesser role), but he can be a good reciever for the Patriots and a good find, especially with Brady as QB.
Old 01-07-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

The Pats fans think their receivers are the worst in the league. Can't say I disagree. Gaff has always been somewhat inconsistent.
Old 01-07-2007   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Pats fans think their receivers are the worst in the league. Can't say I disagree. Gaff has always been somewhat inconsistent.
For the position they were drafted in JACKSONVILLE has the worst receivers in the league, but they are running a close race with KC.
Old 01-07-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
For the position they were drafted in JACKSONVILLE has the worst receivers in the league, but they are running a close race with KC.
Atlanta has 3 first rounders, I think.
Old 01-07-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, but is Moulds really an upgrade over Gaff ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #13
SLO Texan
Veteran

And you can't forget about the Lions...they had 3 top 10 picks at WR before they let Rogers go. Although Roy Williams is a stud the rest were duds.
Old 01-07-2007   #14
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but is Moulds really an upgrade over Gaff ?
Are you kidding me? Yes, yes, yes....

Just b/c he never got the ball thrown to him in the second half of the season does'nt make him less of a reciever. The first half he did very well b/c we still had a O-line and David saw more than just #80.
Old 01-07-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pennington has got to be one of the NFLs all-time overachievers.
Can't run and has one of the most pitifully weak arms that I can remember, and yet he's a dang effective and clutch NFL QB.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Gaffer is chewing away on the Jets, not alot of stonehands with NE... makes you wonder what the was reason for his lack of success here.... :I
Old 01-07-2007   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
The Gaffer is chewing away on the Jets, not alot of stonehands with NE... makes you wonder what the was reason for his lack of success here.... :I
hmm.........good QB play who looks his way......says E. Moulds

Our #2 reciever might as well be a witness protection program
Old 01-07-2007   #18
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Don't forget, Phili didn't like him either.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #19
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yea that was the ol TEXANS GAFFNEY that we all know too well
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #20
SLO Texan
Veteran

Man this is by far the best game so far!!! Good all around play by both teams. Gaffney is simply catching the ball, it's not like he's some sort of game changer. The only reason he's even on their roster is b/c they lost Branch.

Go Mangenious & the Jets!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read