Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Our front office will....
Have great results in FA and the draft. 49 43.75%
Have a solid off season. 35 31.25%
Miss the boat. 3 2.68%
... who knows only time will tell. 25 22.32%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2007   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you trust the Front Office??

Just wondering what the consensus feeling about whether people think the new front office team will do a good job this off season.

I thought that the last off season was probably the best we've had so far, especially because of the draft results.

Are Rick Smith, Kubaik and Co. going to kick it up another gear and get this team to the next level?
Old 01-07-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you trust the Front Office??

We had our best draft under Kubiak, so I trust this staff to build a good team...at least until they prove otherwise.

I see a lot of potential on this team, and I look at 2007 with optimism.
Old 01-07-2007   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

trust no one!
Old 01-07-2007   #4
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Question Re: Do you trust the Front Office??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
trust no one!
Well you have to trust someone. Don't you trust yourself?
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post
not really
Old 01-07-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what sodom on towne lake does to folks for sure.

Look they won their last two games with street free agents at DT and a grey beard swing tackle manning OLT, and a third round prospect at right tackle, a street guy retuning punts, and a nickle guy they pulled off the scap heap in the summer. Best draft ever in franchise history...Maybe got a Reggie White/Bruce Smith Guy...did get the best LB in the draft...Everyone they picked, all of them mind you contributed this season...yeah I trust them.
So what was the point of this poll again ?
Old 01-07-2007   #7
DenverBorn
Veteran

I'm just happy that Charlie is no longer in the building. So I'm cautiously optimistic
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2007   #8
K.D.
Veteran

I can't help but trust the FO, now. After hearing Rick Smith's interview, i'm totally buying what the FO is selling. These guys are building a TEAM and gonna put the best players for this TEAM on the field. Can't wait til movement and FA's sought after starts rolling round here.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

This is our first offseason with this front office so it will be interesting to see what happens. Rick Smith sure has the right attitude going into the offseason, but we will see.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #10
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I've heard, the hiring of Chris Olsen as the VP of football administration was huge. John McClain himself said that several GM's from around the NFL called him and told him how they would want a guy like Olsen who worked for NFL management and knows everything about contracts and salary cap management there is to know.

Other than him, I totally trust Richard Smith to make the right moves and get this team into respectability next year. Look at the team he fielded from street free agency and imagine what he can accomplish with some proven NFL talent and a draft. I've never felt more positive about this team going into the offseason because I feel that this offseason's going to be huge.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
That's what sodom on towne lake does to folks for sure.

Look they won their last two games with street free agents at DT and a grey beard swing tackle manning OLT, and a third round prospect at right tackle, a street guy retuning punts, and a nickle guy they pulled off the scap heap in the summer. Best draft ever in franchise history...Maybe got a Reggie White/Bruce Smith Guy...did get the best LB in the draft...Everyone they picked, all of them mind you contributed this season...yeah I trust them.
So what was the point of this poll again ?
When you break it down like that it is hard to think that those guys don't know what their doing.
Old 01-07-2007   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i think time will tell
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
trust no one!
Trust me.

Signed,

Rick "No One" Smith
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
I'm just happy that Charlie is no longer in the building. So I'm cautiously optimistic

I think that we'll have a good offseason but I don't think we're going to be able to bring in all the FA's I hear people talking about. I just don't think that many people want to come here and play.

And until we start being more successful, I can't really blame them.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #15
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
not really
Hey just don't take it to hard if you make a mistake and eventually you will start trusting yourself once you start seeing the results become positive. I am no doctor, but I been through not trusting my own self.
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #16
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post
Trust noone and have faith in few.

I think this off-season is going to be very telling about the future of this team going forward. From all reports I've read about on the MB about what the FO has been saying since the season ended I feel fairly confident.

I'm not sure we can have the off-season like we had last year especially with the draft just because I don't feel the same level of talent is there this year but I still think we can UPGRADE this team which is all I'm expecting.
Old 01-08-2007   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I trust Kubiak and Smith until they prove me wrong. They're off to a good foot, and both seem to be headed in the right direction. I really like the mentality that nobody's job is safe and they are trying to bring in competition. If we can keep having drafts like we did last year (need to improve on FA), we'll be a team to recon with soon enough!
Old 01-08-2007   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
I trust Kubiak and Smith until they prove me wrong. They're off to a good foot, and both seem to be headed in the right direction. I really like the mentality that nobody's job is safe and they are trying to bring in competition. If we can keep having drafts like we did last year (need to improve on FA), we'll be a team to recon with soon enough!
I think we can all agree that FA will pick up when this team becomes a legitimate playoff contender. Until then expect the level of FA that come here to be what it has been.

Though I'm not sure why they don't try to sell them on the NO STATE INCOME TAX! lol
Old 01-08-2007   #19
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Compared to Casserly, Rick Smith has more sense - well he did play for a while. It helps that Kubiak and Smith are on the same page coming from a winning situation into this one... They're gonna be alright. Can't wait to see what happens in the offseason.
Old 01-08-2007   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Trust? Well for me, if I don't know them personnaly, work with them, rely on them why would I have a need to trust or distrust the front office. They are not paying my salary, therefor trust is something that they cannot earn not lose from me.
I am a fan for sure, but trust the FO, has no bearing on my life....just hope they do the right thing and help themselfs get better.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read