Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-06-2007   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Leak?

Where is he projected to go in the draft? Anybody think he'll make a good pro QB?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Leak?

guy kinda reminds me of ken dorsey. doesnt have a great arm.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Bumping because I'm wondering what the draftniks around here are thinking about his stock now.

I think that he goes on the first day, but I haven't seen enough of him to make a guess which round he'll go in.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #4
TexansCanes
All Pro

his arm is alright, he can get by. i think he will be a passed up because of his hieght and teams will question he toughness. probably go a the end of the first day early second. throws the best ball in all of football.
Old 01-08-2007   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

5th round
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see something in him. I wouldn't mind it a bit if we brought him in with a second day pick, maybe undrafted.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
5th round
at best. I'm not even really seeing him drafted.

His arm is decent. Has played in 3 different colleges so nobody really knows what consistentcy would have done for him. Height is definitely a problem.
Old 01-08-2007   #8
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post

His arm is decent. Has played in 3 different colleges so nobody really knows what consistentcy would have done for him. Height is definitely a problem.
You mean three different systems right? His brother played at WFU and Tenn. if you have them mixed up.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I see him as a modern Danny Wuerffel. He is about the same size and has a tendency to make those soft floating type passes. He threw several of them today in the Natl Championship game. I am guessing early 4th rounder.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #10
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post

3 different coaches
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #11
Ride 'Em
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Ya Blue 2007 View Post
3 different coaches
Actually 2 coaches

Ron Zook for 2 years, Urban Meyer for 2 years
Old 01-08-2007   #12
Dionysus22
Veteran

Are you serious with this? OSU played zone all night and rarely blitzed. Plus, thay had almost two months to plan against this kinda defense. I bet he doesn't even get drafted.

Don't get me wrong, he played a great game. I just think it was all a product of great preparation by Urban Meyer.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #13
cadahnic
All Pro

I could see someone taking a shot on him in the 6th or 7th round, but he sure isn't starting material at this point and I don't think most teams would even see him as their main backup, will likely be on a practice squad somewhere for a year or two, maybe NFL Europe, his work ethic during that time will determine whether he makes it as a career backup or not.
Old 01-08-2007   #14
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I see him as a modern Danny Wuerffel. He is about the same size and has a tendency to make those soft floating type passes. He threw several of them today in the Natl Championship game. I am guessing early 4th rounder.
When someone is compared to Danny Wuerffel.. that pretty much is the "kiss of death"....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The kid was a great HS QB, a good college QB, but won't be a NFL QB. He just doesn't have it. His best hope is for NFLE or PS and maybe wind up as a journey man/career backup QB.
Old 01-09-2007   #16
samomin
Veteran

Artile from espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2721169
Old 01-09-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a lot of untapped potential in Leak. I would love to see what Kubiak can do with him. Quinton Porter looked poor in BC when I saw him, but he was a completely different player in the pre-season. You may say its just a pre-season, but he was playing against players clearly superior to those he faced in college.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic View Post
I could see someone taking a shot on him in the 6th or 7th round, but he sure isn't starting material at this point and I don't think most teams would even see him as their main backup, will likely be on a practice squad somewhere for a year or two, maybe NFL Europe, his work ethic during that time will determine whether he makes it as a career backup or not.

I agree. I noticed that even when one guy blitzed he threw the ball away before trying to make anything happen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he did a great job at attacking a soft zone-defense, but he had real easy.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #20
Heywood
Veteran

he's too short for the NFL. nothing he can do about that.

he should go to canada to play there and enjoy life.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read