Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame
 
Imatexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft.Knox, KY
Posts: 918
Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Somone a week or so ago said the draft is always a crap shoot, and I think this year those two words ring true.

The top prospects each have glaring problems or are just not playing up to par in their last college games (Quinn, Landry). But Mr. JaMarcus Russell looks pretty impressive and at 6'5" 250 he can plow over defenders. He is not run happy but when he does run, look out. When there was no one open he threw it away, unlike Quinn, in the bowl game.

Look if he declares for the draft and is still available with our 8th pick, I don't see how we could pass him up, unless its like the VY "policy" if ya know what I mean, if not......its on another thread (LONG STORY).

Peterson will always have the injury stigma.

Lynch to me looks like the second coming of Cedric Benson (you know the guy who carries Thomas Jones suitcases)

Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) is the one outstanding lineman and that is good, even though I'm all for it I still don't know, you know what I mean?!

I say just spin Mattress Mac around blindfold in front of the draftboard and let him pin a tail on a someone's name and we'll get the same results, well kinda, unless it requires of trading Carr for Vick.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Neither of those guys should be there when we pick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

If they didn't draft VY there is no way in hell they will draft Russell. We need to hope Gaines Adams, Leon Hall, or Branch are available when we pick. If we get any of those 3 guys I would consider the 1st Round a success. Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are going to be long gone and they are the elite prospects imho. AP would be be included with them but he has the injury stigma and the high mileage on his tires courtesy of Stoops. If AP is available at #8 I think we should look hard at him. The fact that he was willing to do so much to help his team says measures for his character, heart, and competitive fire....even if it was to the detriment of his physical condition.

oh and Lynch is garbage imho. Just another Tedford-style product West Coast stat factory ala JJ Arrington.

If Sam Baker OT grades well in the combines I wouldnt be against us using the #8 on him as well.

I was on the Draft Landry bandwagon earlier cause it was such an area of need but from what I saw in the Sugar Bowl, I didn't see all that much to show he merits that early of a pick. He was always around the ball so he can read the QB but I didn't see the physical tools taht would validate such an early pick.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame
 
Imatexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft.Knox, KY
Posts: 918
Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

ayight
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame
 
Imatexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft.Knox, KY
Posts: 918
Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

WHATEVER "MEXICAN"!!!:
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
WHATEVER "MEXICAN"!!!:
http://forums.houstontexans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Ask the people that know.

Wait...didn't see Lynch, thought you were still talking about AP. I don't really want him at 8.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Somone a week or so ago said the draft is always a crap shoot, and I think this year those two words ring true.

The top prospects each have glaring problems or are just not playing up to par in their last college games (Quinn, Landry). But Mr. JaMarcus Russell looks pretty impressive and at 6'5" 250 he can plow over defenders. He is not run happy but when he does run, look out. When there was no one open he threw it away, unlike Quinn, in the bowl game.

Look if he declares for the draft and is still available with our 8th pick, I don't see how we could pass him up, unless its like the VY "policy" if ya know what I mean, if not......its on another thread (LONG STORY).

Peterson will always have the injury stigma.

Lynch to me looks like the second coming of Cedric Benson (you know the guy who carries Thomas Jones suitcases)

Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) is the one outstanding lineman and that is good, even though I'm all for it I still don't know, you know what I mean?!

I say just spin Mattress Mac around blindfold in front of the draftboard and let him pin a tail on a someone's name and we'll get the same results, well kinda, unless it requires of trading Carr for Vick.
A) JaMarcus Russell will not be there at 8 so the point is moot

B) Peterson's injuries have not been chronic and should not be recurring. Anyone can get a high ankle sprain and the broken collar bone was a freak injury. He does not have any structural damage and should be fine.

C) Lynch is a totally different player than Benson. Benson is closer to Peterson than he is to Lynch. With his versatility, you could compare him to a poor man's Tomlinson.

D) Joe Thomas has no chance of being available when the Texans pick.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2007   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 7,131
Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Somone a week or so ago said the draft is always a crap shoot, and I think this year those two words ring true.

The top prospects each have glaring problems or are just not playing up to par in their last college games (Quinn, Landry). But Mr. JaMarcus Russell looks pretty impressive and at 6'5" 250 he can plow over defenders. He is not run happy but when he does run, look out. When there was no one open he threw it away, unlike Quinn, in the bowl game.

Look if he declares for the draft and is still available with our 8th pick, I don't see how we could pass him up, unless its like the VY "policy" if ya know what I mean, if not......its on another thread (LONG STORY).

Peterson will always have the injury stigma.

Lynch to me looks like the second coming of Cedric Benson (you know the guy who carries Thomas Jones suitcases)

Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) is the one outstanding lineman and that is good, even though I'm all for it I still don't know, you know what I mean?!

I say just spin Mattress Mac around blindfold in front of the draftboard and let him pin a tail on a someone's name and we'll get the same results, well kinda, unless it requires of trading Carr for Vick.
Are we still going with McNair is a racist? I forget, what color is Mario and how much money was he given? What color is Rick Smith?

I wouldn't trade the young core of our Defense for any QB. The future for our D is bright b/c of Mario, otherwise we are starting Peek and Babin or Babin and Kalu. We have a strong, young, defensive core that should be dominant with a good free agency and another strong draft. If Landry and Russell are there at 8 I would take Landry. Of course I am a defensive guy.


If you wanna win, and win in the AFC South, you better have a defense.
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #9
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame
 
Imatexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft.Knox, KY
Posts: 918
Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
A) JaMarcus Russell will not be there at 8 so the point is moot

B) Peterson's injuries have not been chronic and should not be recurring. Anyone can get a high ankle sprain and the broken collar bone was a freak injury. He does not have any structural damage and should be fine.

C) Lynch is a totally different player than Benson. Benson is closer to Peterson than he is to Lynch. With his versatility, you could compare him to a poor man's Tomlinson.

D) Joe Thomas has no chance of being available when the Texans pick.
"Poor man's Tomlinson" wow thats hilarious.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Are we still going with McNair is a racist? I forget, what color is Mario and how much money was he given? What color is Rick Smith?
Everyone knows that the only racist owner in town is Drayton McKKKlane. McNair is only guilty of being stubborn for not admitting failure and moving on last offseason.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
"Poor man's Tomlinson" wow thats hilarious.
yeah, I thought it was too. Lynch is JJ Arrington: Part Deux.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
"Poor man's Tomlinson" wow thats hilarious.
Tomlinson is a one of a kind player, there isn't anyone like him and won't be for a long time. It is in no way a criticism of Lynch. It is not like I said a poor man's Kevan Barlow.

Hence a "Poor Man's Tomlinson"
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #13
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame
 
Imatexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft.Knox, KY
Posts: 918
Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Tomlinson is a one of a kind player, there isn't anyone like him and won't be for a long time. It is in no way a criticism of Lynch. It is not like I said a poor man's Kevan Barlow.

Hence a "Poor Man's Tomlinson"
YEA AND TO THINK HE CAME FROM TEXAS!!!!!!!!! Thats even more funny, considering all the "yankee talk" on yahoo.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yeah, I thought it was too. Lynch is JJ Arrington: Part Deux.
You can't say that a player will be bad because of where they come from. So JJ Arrington was bad, does that mean every Cal RB will be bad from here on out? Does that mean that Vince Young will be bad because Chris Simms is bad? Or Jay Cutler because he went to Vanderbilt?

Would it have made a difference if he chose to go to UCLA, USC, ASU, or Oregon? The other schools that he passed up to go to Cal. He was the #2 prospect coming out of high school that year behind Peterson.

If you are going to criticize someone, make sure you have sound logic behind your argument, not arbitrary facts that are irrelevant to performance.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
You can't say that a player will be bad because of where they come from. So JJ Arrington was bad, does that mean every Cal RB will be bad from here on out? Does that mean that Vince Young will be bad because Chris Simms is bad? Or Jay Cutler because he went to Vanderbilt?

Would it have made a difference if he chose to go to UCLA, USC, ASU, or Oregon? The other schools that he passed up to go to Cal. He was the #2 prospect coming out of high school that year behind Peterson.

If you are going to criticize someone, make sure you have sound logic behind your argument, not arbitrary facts that are irrelevant to performance.
In college, that could mean a RB system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
In college, that could mean a RB system.
True, which is why you have to kick the tires so to speak. There is a big difference between saying "this guy sucks because he went to x school and y player sucked" and saying "this guy sucks because he doesn't have talent".
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 41
Posts: 6,012
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

I'm with Tulexan here. Marshawn Lynch has the best chance of being around at 8 out of all these guys that are being mentioned.

Since it looks like Ron Dayne's here to stay, I think that Lynch would be the best compliment to him in our running game. Lynch could catch these 3-4 yard passes and make some guys miss and rack up some YAC.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 7,131
Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
True, which is why you have to kick the tires so to speak. There is a big difference between saying "this guy sucks because he went to x school and y player sucked" and saying "this guy sucks because he doesn't have talent".
BJ Symons put up good numbers but was considered a product of the system.

Its fair to say the Aggie running backs of the 90's were good in college b/c of the system they ran.

Ware was a product of UH's system.
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
BJ Symons put up good numbers but was considered a product of the system.

Its fair to say the Aggie running backs of the 90's were good in college b/c of the system they ran.

Ware was a product of UH's system.

How is that different from what I just said?

I said that you can take that into consideration, but you can't just make a blanket statement that someone is bad just because they played at a particular school.

Second Honeymoon said that Lynch is Arrington part deux, which implies that he will struggle in the league because Arrington is currently struggling and like Lynch was a Cal Bear. Now one thing is that you could make an argument that for all we know, Arrington could be better than he looks because of Edgerrin James' struggle in Arizona as well, the other thing you could (and should) bring that into the big picture about the prospect when evaluating him. But you don't avoid a big time prospect like him just because he went to Cal.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 7,131
Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans are taking a gamble every which way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
How is that different from what I just said?

I said that you can take that into consideration, but you can't just make a blanket statement that someone is bad just because they played at a particular school.

Second Honeymoon said that Lynch is Arrington part deux, which implies that he will struggle in the league because Arrington is currently struggling and like Lynch was a Cal Bear. Now one thing is that you could make an argument that for all we know, Arrington could be better than he looks because of Edgerrin James' struggle in Arizona as well, the other thing you could (and should) bring that into the big picture about the prospect when evaluating him. But you don't avoid a big time prospect like him just because he went to Cal.
I was adding to your comment. Backing you up a little.
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger