Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-05-2007   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Michael Vick??

on 610 they were talking about michael vick. They made a trade proposal. They said Carr and the 1st round pick for Vick. Interesting thought kind of; a good topic for a slow news day. I dont think i would want to see Vick in a Texans uni. I could see it possibly working. He would be really good on bootlegs and running plays and if he has better targets to throw to in johnson and moulds, his passing might improve. Discuss?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Vick??

A caller suggested the trade, not the 610 guys.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess i missed that part, but they still discussed it for a few minutes
Old 01-05-2007   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

They basically laughed at the trade proposal and played the "Real Men of Genius: Mr. Proposturous Trade Suggestor" song.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #5
K.D.
Veteran

Plain & Simple, HELL NO!!! Kubiak wouldn't want that head case. Besides they still were waiting on him to adjust to the west-coast offense and look where it got his coach. He is injury prone and too inconsistent, I'll actually much rather keep Carr and take my chances with him.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mike Vick had not come out early, he would have been the #1 pick of the Texans or is my memory foggy?
Pass! Next!

Maybe we can get this guy , I heard he scored 4TD's in a game back in high school!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5eS1...related&search=

Let's Rock!

Old 01-05-2007   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73208 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
i think we should trade a first rounder for that guy.
Old 01-05-2007   #8
texan767
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
If Mike Vick had not come out early, he would have been the #1 pick of the Texans or is my memory foggy?
Pass! Next!]=

Let's Rock!

IIRC, wasn't that why he came out early? So he wouldn't be picked by us?
Screw him!
I do like the Bundy pick, though!
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #9
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Vick would make a fantastic Texan. He doesn't have receivers here in ATL. With Johnson, Moulds, and Daniels, we would dominate on the offensive side of the ball.
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #10
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Completely OVERRATED! He is not worth it. I don't care what Sean Salsbury thinks from week to week.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #11
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan02 View Post
Completely OVERRATED! He is not worth it. I don't care what Sean Salsbury thinks from week to week.
Vick versus Young, I'd take Vick anytime that's 2 wins every year!
Old 01-05-2007   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
on 610 they were talking about michael vick. They made a trade proposal. They said Carr and the 1st round pick for Vick. Interesting thought kind of; a good topic for a slow news day. I dont think i would want to see Vick in a Texans uni. I could see it possibly working. He would be really good on bootlegs and running plays and if he has better targets to throw to in johnson and moulds, his passing might improve. Discuss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
They basically laughed at the trade proposal and played the "Real Men of Genius: Mr. Proposturous Trade Suggestor" song.

But if you listened to the whole thing, Rich Lord said If given the chance to trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick, he'd take it...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would we trade our QB and a 1st round pick for a RB? Doesn't make sense to me. He can use the "no receivers" excuse all he wants, but he's just not a great QB, that's the catch to his exciting play. Besides, he's already spent 2 years in a West Coast offense, and has shown that he is ineffective in it.

He's a coach killer as well, and that's definitely not what we want.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Why would we trade our QB and a 1st round pick for a RB? Doesn't make sense to me. He can use the "no receivers" excuse all he wants, but he's just not a great QB, that's the catch to his exciting play. Besides, he's already spent 2 years in a West Coast offense, and has shown that he is ineffective in it.

He's a coach killer as well, and that's definitely not what we want.
I agree. He's probably not even the best QB on his team....
Mike Vick is only the best athlete playing QB in the NFL...
Old 01-05-2007   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't do it for Carr and a 1st. But if they want to trade Carr straight up for Vick, I'd consider it.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

carr and a 3rd id take it then

but not are first or 2nd
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I wouldn't do it for Carr and a 1st. But if they want to trade Carr straight up for Vick, I'd consider it.
If Vick restructures his contract, yep i would too. Thet both need a change...
Old 01-05-2007   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
carr and a 3rd id take it then

but not are first or 2nd
agreed.
Old 01-05-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
But if you listened to the whole thing, Rich Lord said If given the chance to trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick, he'd take it...
Of course you would. Any GM in the NFL would trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick. You dump a bad contract on another team and give up the 8th pick overall for Vick. You are instantly a playoff contender in the AFC. Vick is easily in the Top10 of NFL QBs. Is he perfect? No. But he would be a HUGE shot in the arm for the franchise and then we would have Sage still as backup.

Smith would do this move in a heartbeat...problem is the Falcons would not. Schaub is the QB they are shopping around....not Vick. Vick needs to have an offense suited to his strengths and they need to stop trying to make him a pocket passer....himself included.

in summation Vick > Carr and a 8th overall pick
Old 01-05-2007   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what is funny is go to the falcons board.. almost echos about Vick as what echo's about Carr

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...highlight=Vick

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...owtopic=217328

fans booing vick

Last edited by Wolf; 01-05-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read