Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-05-2007   #1
TXGRL
Veteran

Question Wildcard Weekend-Your Predictions

My predictions:

Indy vs Chiefs-Chiefs win (Indy D can't stop the run)
Jets vs Pats-Jets upset (I feel it)
Cowboys vs Seattle-Seattle (b/c I hate Dallas)
Giants vs Eagles - Eagles (Giants overrated and I am tired of hearing about them.)

Last edited by TXGRL; 01-05-2007 at 04:46 PM.
TXGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wildcard Weekend-Your Predictions

Kansas City at Indianapolis- as good as peyton manning and the rest of the offense is, their run defense stinks, and it won't be enough to stop LJ. the knock on kansas city coming into the playoffs has always been THEIR defense, mainly the pass, but they're a little more respectable this time around (16th overall). the colts just simply can't stop ANYBODY in the run... i think LJ goes 175+ yards and a score or two.

Verdict: Chiefs over Colts, 35-30.

Dallas at Seattle- man, i hate the seahawks. i dunno why... maybe it's the colors, or maybe my roommates hatred for them rubbed off on me, but i just don't like em. the cowboys are on somewhat of a losing streak, but i think they turn it around and win on the road. julius jones owns seattle, and the seahawks are hurting with the loss of CB kelly herndon, making things easier for tony "the ragin' homo" romo.

Verdict: Cowboys over Seattle, 27-17.

New York Jets at New England- the jets have only beaten ONE team with a winning record this season. can you guess which? the patriots. IN gillette stadium. however, the pats have way too much postseason experience to bow out in the first round. brady is playing as well as ever, and maroney/dillon are a mean combo. this game will still be closer than people think... and if the jets upset, i won't be all that surprised.

Verdict: Patriots over Jets, 20-17.

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles- the giants won by a memorable effort by tiki barber last week, but i don't see them pulling this one out with the way the eagles are playing under jeff garcia. he knows the system, and the defense has elevated their game. anyways, before last week, the giants were basically left for dead. if they're smart, they'll run tiki like there's no tomorrow. either way, the eagles are on fire, and the g-men aint puttin it out.

Verdict: Eagles over Giants, 33-24.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas At Seattle
NYG At Philly

KC At Indy
NY Jets at New England

Old 01-05-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

And the winners are:
Indy, Dallas, NE, & Philly.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #5
cadahnic
All Pro

Kansas City beats Indianapolis 31-24
Seattle beats Dallas 16-13
New England beats NY Jets 20-13
Philadelphia beats NY Giants 27-10
Old 01-05-2007   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'll say the Colts beat KC

Dallas beats the Seahawks

Pats beat the Jets

Eagles beat the Giants
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #7
DallasNiner
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 DallasNiner is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDallasNiner is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Dallas At Seattle
NYG At Philly

KC At Indy
NY Jets at New England
Old 01-05-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Seattle
Philly

K.C.
N.E.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #9
reilli
Rookie

My pics:

Indy vs Chiefs-Chiefs - Peyton chokes in the playoffs & they have terrible run defense & KC can run

Jets vs Pats-Pats - Tom Brady - Maroney - Dillon - What else can I say

Cowboys vs Seattle-Seattle - Cowboys have been sucking for many years now and will self-implode as usual

Giants vs Eagles - Eagles - Giants are proving themselves to be the over-rated team they are. Especially Eli, he is a loser! They self de-constructed this year exposing Eli for the lame QB he really is.
reilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #10
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Indy vs Chiefs
Jets vs Pats
Cowboys vs Seattle
Giants vs Eagles

Johnson will kill the Indy D
I for some unknown reason see a Jets upset
Seattle because they r better
NYG makes too many stupid mistakes
Old 01-05-2007   #11
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Cheifs@Colts 31-24 Colts
Cowboys@Seahawks 34-14 Seahawks(If the Cowboys cant stop Detriot, how the hell are they gonna Seattle?)
J-E-T-S@Pats 24-21 Jets
Giants@Eagles 24-14 Eagles(Jeff Garica Has Got'em fired up)

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And the winners are:
Indy, Dallas, NE, & Philly.
Ditto
Old 01-06-2007   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC Wild Card
Jets at Patriots-

My Pick: Patriots

Chiefs at Colts-
My Pick: Colts

NFC Wild Card

Cowboys at Seahawks

My Pick: Cowboys

Giants at Eagles
My Pick: Eagles
Old 01-06-2007   #14
whiskeyrbl

My Picks
KC 27- Indy 17 ( LJ and ball control stop the Colts)
Sea 17 - Dal 13 ( 12th man lives, To drops crucial passes )

Pats- 27 Jets- 14 ( Exp. shines thru )
Eagles 24 G-Men 20 ( Tiki can't do it by himself )
Old 01-06-2007   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Indy
Boys
Pats
Eagles
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i want the chargers and the cowboys in the SB.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm late for the 1st game but I do like the Colts in this one.

Dallas and Seattle is a coin flipper. Both teams lost 3 of their last 4, limping into the playoffs. I like the 'Boys recievers against Seattle's banged up corners and I think Parcells will have them ready for this one.
I'll take Dallas.

Jets-Pats. Brady is 10-1 in the playoffs. Both teams are playing good football down the stretch. I just think people have kinda forgotten about NE, and they are still a team to be reckoned with come playoff time.
I'll go Patriots.

Giants-Eagles. Philly should probably win this game, and the Giants have played horrible down the stretch. I'm going with a feeling on this one. The Giants certainly have the fire power on offense and I think they find a way to pull it out this week.
My pick, Giants.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #18
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts(late)...Peyton looks terrible!
Dallas(i hope not though)
Giants(i dont know, have a feeling)
New England(who knows)
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #19
TXGRL
Veteran

Okay, so I am already down, 0-1. Well, here's to the Cowboys taking a hit tonight!
Old 01-06-2007   #20
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Actual results

Colts 23 to Chiefs 8

Seattle 21 to Cowboys 20
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read