Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should the Texans go after Alex Gibbs?

Now that Gibbs is leaving the Falcons (via Adam Schefter on NFL Total Access) and Troy Calhoun is leaving the Texans for Air Force, as well as possibly Sherman, should the Texans go after Gibbs and bring him to Houston?

Makes perfect sense to me. Gibbs was the man who brought the zone blocking to Denver, is regarded as one of the best offensive line minds in the NFL, and has worked with Kubes before.

What do you guys think?

I'm calling it, I think we go after him.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Texans go after Alex Gibbs?

yep def makes sense
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Yes they should he is reason OSU made it to the Rose bowl this year.
Old 01-04-2007   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Considering we lost our Offensive Coordinator and our OL Coach/Assistant Head Coach, I don't see why not.

Get it done McNair/Smith.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll go after him as well. I would be surprised if we don't go after him. Wasn't he rumored to be a possibility as our O-line coach last year?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think we'll go after him as well. I would be surprised if we don't go after him. Wasn't he rumored to be a possibility as our O-line coach last year?
I believe he was, and that Atlanta wouldn't let him out of his contract.....
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds like a perfect fit IMO. get it done.
Old 01-04-2007   #8
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he could work wonders for us. This we be a dramatic step in the right direction in my opinion for this franchise. Rick Smith....GET HIM.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #9
Football Time In Hou.
Rookie

Whit out question we go get Alex Gibbs. By adding Alex to our coach staff, we will have a better coaching staff on the offense side of the ball than we did last year and thatís always a plus.
Football Time In Hou. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Time In Hou. View Post
Whit out question we go get Alex Gibbs. By adding Alex to our coach staff, we will have a better coaching staff on the offense side of the ball than we did last year and thatís always a plus.
Not only that, but we will also have one blocking philosophy as well. I may be wrong, so someone can correct me if I am, but didn't we have a mixture of zone blocking and traditional blocking on different plays since Sherman didn't have experience with zone blocking?
Old 01-04-2007   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

definatly.. id absolutely love to have him as our new ocoordinator/oline.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

its unanimous, get 'er done...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Not only that, but we will also have one blocking philosophy as well. I may be wrong, so someone can correct me if I am, but didn't we have a mixture of zone blocking and traditional blocking on different plays since Sherman didn't have experience with zone blocking?
the pure "zone" blocking scheme that we saw exclusively during preseason rarely showed up during the regular season, and i cant recall a cut-block. we ran a lot more power I and man to man blocking during the regular season with some zone sprinkled in. atleast, that's what i saw.
Old 01-04-2007   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

fyi - Gibbs is about to turn 66 years old and his role with the Falcons this season was part-time consultant.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #15
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
fyi - Gibbs is about to turn 66 years old and his role with the Falcons this season was part-time consultant.
Thats a fact Jack, Gibbs only came to work a few days during the week, helped with the game plan. He put in a little more time during training camp. Gibbs suffers from manic depression. He has been trying to get out since he left Denver but they "keep dragging him back in."
Old 01-04-2007   #16
phan1
All Pro

Gibbs out of Atlanta? WOW! There is going to be a pretty big bidding war over this guy, let's hope we com out on top! Landing Alex Gibbs would be HUGE for us! And the timing is perfect since Sherman doesn't seem to plan on staying here another year. I'm definitely keeping my whole body crossed on this one! Gibbs, come to Houston! Puh-Lease!!!

Last edited by phan1; 01-04-2007 at 09:21 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude...you're totally harshing our mellow.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude. If I invite you to a party or something, remind me about this moment. I was getting all happy and then... reality. I hate when that happens.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You just ruined it! Noooooo

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the pure "zone" blocking scheme that we saw exclusively during preseason rarely showed up during the regular season, and i cant recall a cut-block. we ran a lot more power I and man to man blocking during the regular season with some zone sprinkled in. atleast, that's what i saw.
Seems like there is a lot of things that we were doing in preseason with success that we abandoned for some reason

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read