Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-05-2007   #1
light
Rookie

Default Haynesworth?

he is probably going to be cut this offseason. would you guys be opposed of picking him up from our rival the titans, im pretty sure that cowboys dont like him to much either.
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Haynesworth?

No. Good player but he's got attitude problems.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Isn't he taking Effexor or Wellburtin for that attitude now?
Old 01-05-2007   #4
baba ganoush
Veteran

listen, we need a guy to take some attention off of mario...this guy isnt a bad player, actually i thought he was a pretty good DT and would actually like to see him in houston. him along with clements should make this defense alot better!
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #5
cadahnic
All Pro

Not to say it wont happen, but I have serious doubts that Haynesworth or Clements will be here next year. Haynesworth is a troubled player, but he is also good. His numbers say he wont be cheap though which leads me to believe he will go to a team that is not as focused on character. As far as Clements though he is going to be very expensive 30+M range. I doubt we throw that kind of cash at him especially if we get a shot at Samuel for 10M less.
Old 01-05-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
im pretty sure that cowboys dont like him to much either.
If they're willing to bring T.O. onto their team, they're probably willing to sign anyone. Desperation is a funny thing.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #7
Let's try this again
Rookie

Heck yes you yake him. His actions during the season will drive down how much $$ he'd normally make so you can be one of the highest bidders and coax him over here and take care of a NEED position with a proven veteran at a discounted price.

Check out his page on nfl.com @ the link below
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302201
Old 01-05-2007   #8
reilli
Rookie

I don't know, ever since I saw him stomp on Gurode's face I have no respect for him. That was a really nasty move and I don't think the Texans need an attitude like that.
reilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #9
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Sounds to me like a future Bengal.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #10
doughboy
Veteran

Alberts not going anywhere....yall might get Robeast back but I hope not he was awsome this year.
Old 01-05-2007   #11
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

As a psych. major, I understand that after people have that moment of "clarity" that makes them realize they have a rage issue, they are generally willing to take that step to fix it. But being this is football, I would be willling to bet it was a result of steroids rather than actual rage issues.

Something just smells bad about that cheese, and I dont' like it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
But being this is football, I would be willling to bet it was a result of steroids rather than actual rage issues.
That whole "steroid rage" thing really ticks me off. From...um... what I've heard, most steroids don't create that effect and the ones that do, only make things worse if you already have anger issues. Steroids don't create that classic steroid rage in people who are basically even-keeled to begin with.

At least that's what I've heard.

From people who really should know.

ECA, otoh, can turn the most laid back person into a raging psycho. And I CAN speak from experience on that. I think I recall reading that Romanowski used to take a lot of EC (among other things) to keep his intensity up. A lot of bodybuilders use EC(A) during cutting phases and then when they have emotional problems, it gets blamed on the steroids.

Haynesworth would not have been taking ECA.

And if that's not more information than you wanted to know...
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #13
Capster67
Veteran

After reading the article on him in the ESPN Magazine, I still don't have that much respect for him as a player. I don't think he's an impact player either. It took him 3 years in the league to get the number of sacks (4.5) that Mario got in 1. I don't think his attitude, reputation, and effect in the locker room wouldn't be worth the 2 or 3 sacks he might give us.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Given his history and what the Texans look for, I doubt very much they would consider him. An above average player, but just.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read