Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2007   #1
light
Rookie

Default Texans Top 10

this is the top 10 draft prospects i would love to see the texans get this offseason.

1.Adrian Peterson RB Ok.
2.JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
3.LaRon Landry S LSU
4.Marshawn Lynch RB Cal
5.Joe Thomas OT Wisc.
6.Leon Hall CB Mich.
7.Reggie Nelson S Fl.
8.Paul Posluszny OLB Penn. St.
9.Alan Branch DT Mich.
10.Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss.

Last edited by light; 01-04-2007 at 04:35 PM.
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Top 10

You're an Einstien. Way to go. nice job.
Old 01-04-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

can't argue with any of those.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

Revis instead of Hall. Why is everyone so high on Hall?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
light
Rookie

he doesnt make mistakes.
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #6
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Move Branch up to 5 to pick up some blockes that used to be reserved for Williams and Ryans. Other than that nice.
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80969 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get to see and College Ball here in New Zealand so I am trying to catch up on college prospects for the draft so help me out here....

My question is who is Patrick Willis and why would we be drafting an ILB when we have Demeco???
Old 01-04-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiwi, patrick Willis is the Middle ( Mike ) Line Backer on Mississippi. He's had a very productive year. He's a little light for MLB for my tastes. But He's been highly productive and he has second teired running back speed, 4.60 in the forty yard dash. Which means..he's a three down line backer. Except for the Elite speed TE's and running backs, he should have ample speed to cover them.

good sources for cacthing up are : http://www.gbnreport.com/2007prospects.html

http://cfn.scout.com/

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-05-2007 at 04:17 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
this is the top 10 draft prospects i would love to see the texans get this offseason.

1.Adrian Peterson RB Ok. ok
2.JaMarcus Russell QB LSU ok
3.LaRon Landry S LSU ok
4.Marshawn Lynch RB Cal no
5.Joe Thomas OT Wisc. heck yes
6.Leon Hall CB Mich. God no
7.Reggie Nelson S Fl. good
8.Paul Posluszny OLB Penn. St. no
9.Alan Branch DT Mich. God no
10.Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss. not on our team
in red...
Old 01-04-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
he doesnt make mistakes.
Except for, you know, getting burned.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80969 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Kiwi, patrick Willis is the Middle ( Mike ) Line Backer on Mississippi. He's had a very productive year. He's a little light for MLB for my tastes. But He's been hgihly productive and he has second teired running back speed, 4.60 in the forty yard dash. Which means..he's a three down line backer. Except for the Elite speed TE's and running backs, he should have ample speed to cover them.

good sources for cacthing up are : http://www.gbnreport.com/2007prospects.html

http://cfn.scout.com/
Thanks for the sites, I will put those on my to do list.

For the Texans would we be looking at shifting him to the outside??
Old 01-05-2007   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Thanks for the sites, I will put those on my to do list.

For the Texans would we be looking at shifting him to the outside??
Willis has been the top MLB in college the last 2 years, a solid stud. In another thread they show him run down McFadden of Arkansas, one of the fastest RB in college football today.

Willis is good enough that you look at moving Ryans back outside. You would play with the combos and see what works the best for the team and get the 3 best on the field at one time. Remember Ryans natural position is OLB not MLB. ( unfortunately weakside LB, not Strong Side)

And if Willis is small for your taste pete, what is Ryans?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #13
htownfoozball
Veteran

you could use either at mlb or wlb. both played there in college. i like willis outside better. more speed.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #14
cadahnic
All Pro

For the sake of playing along I'll post my current top 10 guys:
1) Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma (best RB in the draft, perfect fit for the system, gives us a big playmaker in the running game)
2) Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (best CB IMO at this point in time)
3) LaRon Landry, S, LSU (best S IMO at this point in time)
4) Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (won't fall to us but if he somehow did he'd be real hard to pass up, even with our current WR talent)
5) Darelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh (2nd best CB IMO, don't like him better than Hall but honestly I haven't seen as much of him, workouts will help decide)
6) Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (very talented DT, much higher motor and provides better pass rush than Branch)
7) Marshawn Lynch, RB, California (2nd best RB in the draft, would prefer to trade down a bit before picking him but would be ok with him at #8 if others are gone)
8) Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss (could probably play SLB for us, otherwise could play WLB, best LB in the draft)
9) Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (don't see him falling and I'd prefer a playmaker in the 1st but he'd be pretty nice if the others were gone)
10) Michael Griffin, S, Texas (my 2nd favorite safety in the draft at this point, not as good in coverage as Nelson but better in run support)
Old 01-05-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Where you have Thomas and Johnson ranked, makes me not take you list seriously...seriously.
Old 01-05-2007   #16
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Where you have Thomas and Johnson ranked, makes me not take you list seriously...seriously.
OK, doesn't hurt my feelings, I guess I can't take you seriously either then.
Old 01-05-2007   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic View Post
OK, doesn't hurt my feelings, I guess I can't take you seriously either then.
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=597263
Old 01-05-2007   #18
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
??? What does this link have to do with anything?
Old 01-05-2007   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic View Post
For the sake of playing along I'll post my current top 10 guys:

2) Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (best CB IMO at this point in time)
And right there is when I stopped reading your list. Have you watched Hall at all this season or are you just an alumni?
Old 01-05-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/rankedOT.cfm#X

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read