Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2007   #1
A-B

Default Sorry,but another Carr thread

I just had a question. I've been thumbing through all the posts on all the threads and no matter the subject Carr comes up. O.k. the question, Why would you want to get rid of Carr and replace him with Bledsoe,Plummer,Garcia, or Culpepper. Seriously do you think any of these guys are better? Bledsoe,well self-explanatory he's horrible, Plummer has had one good season and was benched the next. Garcia is almost 37 and Culpepper is not healthy and looks to be injury prone. So you say bring one of these guys in and draft a rookie. Why not keep Carr put a healthy running back and O-line around him and still get rookie. Then if the rookie or Rosenfel's takes Carr's place so be it. I just can't see trying to fix a "problem" with a problem.
Old 01-04-2007   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sorry,but another Carr thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
O.k. the question, Why would you want to get rid of Carr and replace him with Bledsoe,Plummer,Garcia, or Culpepper. Seriously do you think any of these guys are better?
Yes, all of those guys are better.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
profan
Veteran

Well, the fact is carr is not going to be here sitting on the bench. He will either be traded to another team, released, or he will stay and start next season. We may have a better qb on the roster, but they will never get the chance with dc here. If he goes, we have a true qb competition. If he stays, he will be given the job again. No doubt about it in my mind.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just had a question. I've been thumbing through all the posts on all the threads and no matter the subject Carr comes up. O.k. the question, Why would you want to get rid of Carr and replace him with Bledsoe,Plummer,Garcia, or Culpepper. Seriously do you think any of these guys are better? Bledsoe,well self-explanatory he's horrible, Plummer has had one good season and was benched the next. Garcia is almost 37 and Culpepper is not healthy and looks to be injury prone. So you say bring one of these guys in and draft a rookie. Why not keep Carr put a healthy running back and O-line around him and still get rookie. Then if the rookie or Rosenfel's takes Carr's place so be it. I just can't see trying to fix a "problem" with a problem.

The only two I have seen taken seriously are Garcia and Plummer. Garcia still has some moxy, as we saw this year, and Plummer's best year was with Kubes. The reason is because Carr can't handle the position. You can let one of these guys play for a year while a young guy learns. I'd do the same behind Rosenfels. Why keep a problem who you have to hide behind others when a better QB might all of a sudden make the O-line and RB better?
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Why be sorry. You haven't had your crack at the whip yet. How much more life force can be drainded from the cadaver at this point in the only thing that is questionable in your choice of topics. But dig in. One more can't hurt.
If you throw them another oportunity, I'm sure they'll rejoice at the chance to pick at the cadaver.
Old 01-04-2007   #6
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem with Carr is his price tag.

If you get the same production or better with a lot less money spent, that should be a better deal.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #7
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Garcia
I would LOVE to have him as our QB next year.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2007   #8
texan_fan_8
Rookie

I dont want any of those guys. They are all over or on the hill.

Rosenfelds i think will do a great job. Really really do. And i heard Kubes describing him as a real leader and the team really gravitates to him. That's what we need a Leader and that most of all is what Carr is lacking (oh yeah and pocket presence).

You can see it in the preseason where we won! For the first time we were 3-1 in pre and i think that's why i personally was so disappointed. And guess what game we lost in pre season the one david paid.

So keep the over the hill gang. Let Sage play and get a decent draft pick who can be developed.
texan_fan_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Bledsoe especially does not fit this system. We need atleast a FAIRLY mobile QB for the rollouts,etc.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
I would LOVE to have him as our QB next year.
Are you kidding me? Garcia? Really?

They only way I want to get another QB, is if we trade Carr for a 1st or high 2nd round pick.

Either stick with Sage/David, or trade Carr and bring in a rookie to learn from Sage.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's up with Quinton Porter? Any guy that Kubiak picks deserves some looking into. Anyone know how he looks in camp? Might be his ace in the hole.
And another thing, get Alex Gibbs in here!
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm not sold on the idea that David will not be a Texan next year. I understand Kubiak is being Coy about the situation, and David didn't look like an All Pro this year, but who expected him to??

Far as I know David has done everything Kubiak has asked him to and remains coachable. If he'd draw up some crossing patterns that challenges the defense... about who they'll cover, then maybe we can get some wide open recievers downfield, and David will throw them the ball..... if they are the first read that is.

Or if the WR would get some seperation he'd throw them the ball..... if they are the first read.

I'm not a David Carr fan, but I can't imagine anyone thinking he would have done better than what he did...... Especially if he looked at all the tape he said he did, and talked football with David like he said he did before giving him that big bonus.

Tell you what........ I'm pretty disappointed in this QB guru. I think I'll go start another thread.
Old 01-04-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Are you kidding me? Garcia? Really?

They only way I want to get another QB, is if we trade Carr for a 1st or high 2nd round pick.

Either stick with Sage/David, or trade Carr and bring in a rookie to learn from Sage.
You do realize that will happen when ?

Carr's only chance at being traded is to be traded for another player who is also not earning his contract who the Texans think is worth the risk. It is IMHO the ONLY way Carr is traded. Overpaid underachiever for overpaid underachiever. Otherwise, the other teams will just wait till Carr is cut and he becomes a FA. It's all pretty logical when you look at it....that is assuming the Texans dont want Carr back after all.

we know what the fans want.....TO WIN
Old 01-04-2007   #14
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Quote:
I totally agree with every thing you just said and think (even though Garcia's doing nasty right now) that Garcia's just too old to be insurance to an injury prone Mcnabb or Culpepper (still has the coolest name in NFL history).
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
You do realize that will happen when ?

Carr's only chance at being traded is to be traded for another player who is also not earning his contract who the Texans think is worth the risk. It is IMHO the ONLY way Carr is traded. Overpaid underachiever for overpaid underachiever. Otherwise, the other teams will just wait till Carr is cut and he becomes a FA. It's all pretty logical when you look at it....that is assuming the Texans dont want Carr back after all.

we know what the fans want.....TO WIN
Ricky Williams.
Old 01-04-2007   #16
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Yes, all of those guys are better.
No they aren't....Garcia, Yes but not the other guys and Garcia is 37.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #17
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

we not only need a mobile qb, we need a qb who dosent suck
Old 01-04-2007   #18
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Quote:
I totally agree with every thing you just said and think (even though Garcia's doing nasty right now) that Garcia's just too old to be insurance to an injury prone Mcnabb or Culpepper (still has the coolest name in NFL history).
Old 01-04-2007   #19
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ricky Williams.
Isn't he suspended for a year even if he does come back for missing a drug test?
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by demecoryans#1fan View Post
we not only need a mobile qb, we need a qb who dosent suck
Haha true that.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read