Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2007   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Who would take Carr?

If Carr is let go, what team or teams would be interested in taking him?

Raiders? Tampa Bay?

Who do you think?
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
old football fan
Veteran

Default Re: Who would take Carr?

Raiders, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, maybe Buffalo
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the Raiders, but they will probably grab a QB in the draft. Every other team has a QB with more production and/or potential than Carr at a much cheaper price.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

In a trade? I doubt anyone. I thought I read in an article (i beleive is still on the front page of the bullpen) that the other team would have to pay him 11.25 mil over the next 2 years....who would do that?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
Ride 'Em
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In a trade? I doubt anyone. I thought I read in an article (i beleive is still on the front page of the bullpen) that the other team would have to pay him 11.25 mil over the next 2 years....who would do that?
The Texans
Old 01-04-2007   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I think the only type of team that would take a chance on a guy like Carr would be one that is already pretty well established but not happy with their current QB play. The only teams that I can think of who may fit this mold are:

Chicago
Carolina
Kansas City

Even those above, I would bet aren't willing to give anything more than a 4th rounder. I don't believe a team in building/rebuilding mode would be interested in Carr in the slightest
They still have to pay him...you think Chicago or any of those teams can afford Carr and fill whatever other needs they have?
Old 01-04-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The Raiders might be a good fit.

"The last time the Raiders picked a QB in the first round, it was a disaster, as Todd Marinovich soon found his true calling as a pot-smoking skateboarder."

It's clear that the Raiders prefer a veteran quarterback, and the trade would return him to his California roots. If they gave up a second- or third-round pick for him, the Raiders would still retain their number one pick, which they could then use on Calvin Johnson.

HOWEVER, I doubt this is likely to happen. I don't think Kubiak is ready to give up on Carr. JMO.
Old 01-04-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by old football fan View Post
Raiders, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, maybe Buffalo
Very doubtful Buffalo would look at him. Losman had one of the best 2nd halfs of the season of any QB. Unlike Carr, when he started hearing 'put up or shut up' he actually rose to the challenge and showed that he was worthy of the starting job.

I doubt Cleveland would be interested after witnessing Carr's performance last week first hand. It's pretty much a parallel move going from Frye to Carr and when you factor in the financial cost of a Carr, it would never happen. Cleveland will have either Brady Quinn, Russell, or Troy Smith as their Starting QB and all everyone of them will come with aa huge sticker price. That even further muddys the water for Cleveland wanting/getting Carr.

Chicago?!?!?! You mean the 13-3 Chicago Bears?!?! So you think a team that is 13-3 is going to even think about switching QBs to a guy who has a roughly 25% winning percentage and has a huge financial price tag?

Green Bay? Well, if Farv-ruh decides to retire, all bets are off. They wouldn't have to pay Favre so Carr's salary (even slightly reworked) could fit in there. Personally, I feel GreenBay could not look their fans in the face and pass off Carr as a true heir to Favre. Still probably the 3rd most likely potential trade destination for Carr.

Which brings us to the Lions and Raiders. Both teams 'supposedly' have talent galore but havent been able to put it together and produce wins. Sounds pretty familiar, huh? Carr would be 'perfect' for these teams.

I actually think he will just be a June salary cap casualty and his contract will go up in flames. Then he will get picked up by a contender as a backup. A lot of contending teams are losing their backups to possible starting roles this year. Carr as an inexpensive FA backup may sound attractive to many contending teams. Carr already has his money, he could then go to a 'better' situation and possibly blossom and grow while under a contending veteran QB....Lord knows, it ain't happenin' here

just mho

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-04-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
No one but the Raiders or Lions would be ignorant enough to do it.
Old 01-04-2007   #10
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, if you can't trade Carr, you can always take him over to Houston Auto Auction on the Gulf Freeway. They auction worthless pieces of junk to the highest bidder every Wednesday afternoon..
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
Outlander
Rookie

Just found this on SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.24.html
Old 01-04-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that lightning will strike twice, but David Carr is the kind of reach that Jerry Jones would normally make.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Well, if you can't trade Carr, you can always take him over to Houston Auto Auction on the Gulf Freeway. They auction worthless pieces of junk to the highest bidder every Wednesday afternoon..
donate him to Houston Can Academy. If the Carr can get them to and from work, its a salary cap errr tax write-off. At least we get some mileage out of him that way.
Old 01-04-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I don't think that lightning will strike twice, but David Carr is the kind of reach that Jerry Jones would normally make.
After the Quincy Carter debacle, Jones should have just relieved himself of any talent evaluation duties.
Old 01-04-2007   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
What's wrong with Tony Romo?
Old 01-04-2007   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

These Carr to car* analogies are fantastic! So fresh, whimsical, and imaginative. Pure genius.

*Carr to car <====== one "r" like an automobile - who has the creativity to come up with this stuff?
Old 01-04-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
The truth hurts. Look at the guy with the Texans construction hat with all the medals on it.
Guy is a hardcore fan, but does he look happy or better yet entertained?

Dude looks like he is at an insurance seminar.....classic photo of the 'Texans Experience'.....there is even a guy chatting on the phone....brilliant photographer

That one picture basically sums up the whole season of the Texans. No direction. No excitement. No competitive spirit. Just a flatlining team with bored fans

Personally, I wouldn't bring a sign to a game due to it infringing on the rights of the people behind me to see the game...but I support the protest...Power To The People

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-04-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
These Carr to car* analogies are fantastic! So fresh, whimsical, and imaginative. Pure genius.

*Carr to car <====== one "r" like an automobile - who has the imagination to come up with this stuff?
Do i detect a hint of sarcasm?
Old 01-04-2007   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's wrong with Tony Romo?
The clock's about to strike midnight for Tony Romo.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Do i detect a hint of sarcasm?
There may have been just a hint of sarcasm on the face of the sledgehammer, yes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read